Night Elves Don't need to be in Kalimdor

Story Forum
1 2 3 5 Next
Seriously, there are tons of other trees you could live in, and nobody wants you in Kalimdor, nobody. you want refuge? go live in the Stormwind slums or in Ironforge. Go live in the crater of Dalaran for all I care, just leave Kalimdor.
I'm not sure about lore anymore with all those retcons everywhere but I think I remeber Elune herself blessing Ashenvale to be bathed in moonligh perpetually or something like that. Night elves life there because 1.- it's their ancestral home and 2.- their most sacred Deity enchanted their forest personally.
No other place is going to be the same. That and because all the ties they have with that continent such as Moonglade, Hyjal with the World Tree and their Ancient Gods and wood creatures.
04/07/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Nightlighter
blessing Ashenvale to be bathed in moonligh perpetually

How do the trees lives?
Here I was hoping for a thread about the wealth of future story options available to Night Elves if they have to become a refugee population. You know, something that addresses how stagnant the Night Elf story is and how this event could be the thing to shake it up and turn it into something interesting.

I certainly hope losing Undercity has that kind of effect on the Forsaken story.

But no, instead of a post that may provide solace by providing a point of view where losing Kalimdor can be a gain for the story of the Night Elves we instead have this, an ugly, hostile attempt to shame other players.
04/07/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Fondant
Here I was hoping for a thread about the wealth of future story options available to Night Elves if they have to become a refugee population. You know, something that addresses how stagnant the Night Elf story is and how this event could be the thing to shake it up and turn it into something interesting.

I certainly hope losing Undercity has that kind of effect on the Forsaken story.

But no, instead of a post that may provide solace by providing a point of view where losing Kalimdor can be a gain for the story of the Night Elves we instead have this, an ugly, hostile attempt to shame other players.
Oh, i'm sorry, i wasn't under the impression i was speaking through the filter of your comfort. Night Elves honestly dont deserve a place, they believe in a god that had sex with a deer.
I'm not sure about lore anymore with all those retcons everywhere but I think I remeber Elune herself blessing Ashenvale to be bathed in moonligh perpetually or something like that. Night elves life there because 1.- it's their ancestral home and 2.- their most sacred Deity enchanted their forest personally.
No other place is going to be the same. That and because all the ties they have with that continent such as Moonglade, Hyjal with the World Tree and their Ancient Gods and wood creatures.
go to duskwood
04/07/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Fondant

Dude, i got thiss covered

Bildgewater treats the forsaken the best, though they do manipulate them into giving cheap labor (Undead bodies shouldn't tire as fast so the would make great miners)

Silvermoon would be suspicious but since the forsaken helped them fight the scourge they let them live, but they can't go near the sunwell

Tauren would try to save as many as they can, but the forsaken are not allowed to do any of their apothecary, warlock or necromancy shenanigans in mulgore

Orcs would be giant jerks do to the fact the forsaken are extremly pragmatic while they are extremly honorable, and the whole wrathgate thing, i doubt forsaken refugees will last a long time in orgrimmar until they either leave or get killed by some grunts

Darkspear are basically refugees themselves, though they probably would be more concerned with how Bwomsamedi feels about the forsaken (Their Undead, but they were never his property)

Zandalari would probably say, they can live in Nazmir or Vol'dun, letting them live on the island but not in Zuldazar itself

Nightborn probably wouldn't care, and highmountain would probably be more like Tauren or Nightborn.
I hope night elves can repurpose Seradane again. It would be interesting to see their interactions with the wildhammer dwarven neighbors in Aerie Peak.
Well, his guild's name is "Hostile Nation"...
04/07/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Reallyhappy
blessing Ashenvale to be bathed in moonligh perpetually

How do the trees lives?

Elune's magic.
04/07/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Semedree
they believe in a god that had sex with a deer

I still want to believe they just created Malorne together.
Here I was hoping for a thread about the wealth of future story options available to Night Elves if they have to become a refugee population.

Honestly? Not even really a problem. The issue with Night Elves losing their land is much more spiritual than practical for them, personally. There are certain magics, certain plants, certain animals, etc that are all religious to them. Certain animals that are immortal, certain blessings and lands and moonwells that are important.

And, of course, there's the other things that the Horde can't be trusted to do, considering the Night Elves have stopped two Burning Legion invasions in their leveling questing.

But they have places to expand and grow if need be.

The biggest problem is the ancillary stuff.

This is basically the death of the Ancients. Their government will be destroyed and no more will be grown when it's in Horde hands. How Hyjal gets handled is always a thorny subject, but I can at least see the Tauren threatening to leave the Horde if Sylvanas moves on it.

So while the Night Elf story itself "can" move forward (I don't have much hope for it to, mind, but it can) post Teldrassil, the loss is still greater than just land in a way that transcends just feelings of attachement.

I've seen that a lot over the years, but where did it originate? old RPG lore? The encyclopedia?
04/07/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Skytotem

I've seen that a lot over the years, but where did it originate? old RPG lore? The encyclopedia?

Yeah that's why I said I'm not sure XD. Maybe a case of "A lie told hundred times becomes true"?.
If that was only headcannon then accept my apologies.
04/07/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Semedree
Seriously, there are tons of other trees you could live in, and nobody wants you in Kalimdor, nobody. you want refuge? go live in the Stormwind slums or in Ironforge. Go live in the crater of Dalaran for all I care, just leave Kalimdor.

Nobody wanted the Orcs in Kalimdor either, but here we are
04/07/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Skytotem

Old RPG lore. \

It sometimes slips into my stuff because I forget where it comes from. I think it still holds true for Moonglade, since Moonglade is always bathed in moonlight, but im not too sure.
Let them live in Silver Pine or Elwyn, just give 'em some tree !@#$.

Let the Forsaken live in Theramore.
04/07/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Semedree
Oh, i'm sorry, i wasn't under the impression i was speaking through the filter of your comfort. Night Elves honestly dont deserve a place, they believe in a god that had sex with a deer.

Yeah, it's not about comfort, it's about your post being boring and worthless. You're pushing a suggestion that in no way improves your game experience, and you're doing so out of a blatant affectation of morality.

It's the exact same thing that human paladins do when they talk about what the Forsaken "deserve." It's annoying when they do it, it's annoying when you do it.

You act like a new forest can't be blessed. There are so many possibles for the NEs and the extension of their story/lore. However for the Forsaken, their path is quite linear, just move somewhere else and settle.
04/07/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Arazlok

You act like a new forest can't be blessed. There are so many possibles for the NEs and the extension of their story/lore. However for the Forsaken, their path is quite linear, just move somewhere else and settle.

I'm not implying they can't move somewhere else and make it work fine for them. I was just trying to point out why they wouldnt want to leave their home.