Night Elves Don't need to be in Kalimdor

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I'm hoping that any refugees make their way to the Broken Isles. Druids can live in the forests of Val'Sharah. Priestesses of Elune can live at the temple of Elune. Sentinels can make Blackrook Hold their fortress. The Gilnean double refugees can move into Bradensbrook. The Wardens can retake the Isle of the Watchers. The Highborne can refurbish Narthalas Academy. And finally, the Demon Hunters can set up shop in Faronaar.

There is a place that fits each aspect of Night Elf society, and it would balance out the Horde presence in Highmountain and Suramar.
Ignoring the snideness of the OP, I've been on board with NE consolidating themselves on EK. It's better for the factions to be separated by continents. It lets their defenses shore up and make it easier to mobilize troops to a defense without the use of portals.

They should regrow the parts of plagued Lordaeron. Turn WP/EPL into a new Ashenvale.
A couple serious notes: Fire does not necessarily kill trees...
-Trees survive forest fires all the time.
-Trees can regrow from stumps.
-This is for non-magical trees without druids tending them.

OTOH, The NElves have grown world trees before, so why not just grow a new one?
04/07/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Semedree
Seriously, there are tons of other trees you could live in, and nobody wants you in Kalimdor, nobody. you want refuge? go live in the Stormwind slums or in Ironforge. Go live in the crater of Dalaran for all I care, just leave Kalimdor.

Weird that you're blood elf since this is such a troll post.
I don't want Ashenvale. I'm tired of Blizzard pretending Night Elf trees are worth fighting a war over.

Night Elf trees suck.
04/07/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Kharinak
I don't want Ashenvale. I'm tired of Blizzard pretending Night Elf trees are worth fighting a war over.

Night Elf trees suck.
The lumber excuse is tired and over. Now it's just that Sylvanas wants the night elves dead because she considers them a threat to her WMD stockpiling plan.
04/07/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Kharinak

Night Elf trees suck.

Don't worry, once the Night Elves are gone we'll tear the trees down for a nice arena/shopping mall.

Nothing like some blood sport after a hard day of shopping.
Refugee elves.

I didn't realize Dragon Age wasn't mainstream.
Horde Don't need to be in Azeroth

Seriously, there are tons of other planets you could live in, and nobody wants you in Azeroth, nobody. you want refuge? go live in the Hellfire wastlands or Bladespire. Go live in the Nagrand for all I care, just leave Azeroth.

Fixed for the OP.
I can't see them in the Broken Isles. For both game play and lore reasons.

I can't see them in Kalimdor, as that defeats the purpose of destroying Teldrassil.

They could live in Stranglethorn or Duskwood, but for game play reasons we won't see it this expansion.

So that leaves Stormwind. Enjoy that.
04/07/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Worgenfurman
I can't see them in the Broken Isles. For both game play and lore reasons.

I can't see them in Kalimdor, as that defeats the purpose of destroying Teldrassil.

Or you know, they will stay in Gilneas, a funny reversal of fate.
If they resolve the problem the only place I see them going is Gilneas.
I have a better idea. They can settle in Northrend. Grizzly Hills is modeled after Yosemite, that's a good stand-in sacred forest right there. And since we've been getting told the orcs should just abandon their new lands and settle next to the Lich King since Cata, I think it's entirely apropos now that some people are finally getting dispossessed.
04/07/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Urók
There is a place that fits each aspect of Night Elf society, and it would balance out the Horde presence in Highmountain and Suramar.
The Horde doesn't want balance though, they want continental domination.

If the NE's move to Val'shara, you're just going to end up with another burnt down forest.
OP seriously???? Elves are an ancient race who have lived there for ages and have you simply forgotten where Hyjal and Nordrassil is???? It is not only Teldrassil it is the whole area and the ancients, you know the trees your orcs think is lumber?? Blizzard is attempting to wipe out a whole races area. Why? Was it because dev horde players could never get past the bridge to Astranaar due to our defense in WPVP? So like every other WPVP hot spot they simply pay a writer to decimate the area and claim it as Hordes? Then they chuck a whole expansion on us and go say fight each other we want more WPVP when each time Alliance get into it out comes the writer again and hey presto Horde now own that terrritory? Why would be bother??????? Only angst I am feeling about this expac is not at Horde, who I see being to some degree as unimpressed as Alliance is to fight but towards whoever wrote this as they have obviously had no contact with real players in game either ever or in ages.
Now here is a question who would prefer to see the option of running dungeons and raids with a mix of both factions? I for one think that would be fun considering all the trials we have both endured at the hands of Blizzard's devs. Actually why dont we join forces and fight the new enemy ie the writers. last boss can be the Golden necromancer whose deadly weapon looks like a pen.
04/07/2018 10:55 PMPosted by Briinn
OP seriously???? Elves are an ancient race who have lived there for ages and have you simply forgotten where Hyjal and Nordrassil is???? It is not only Teldrassil it is the whole area and the ancients, you know the trees your orcs think is lumber?? Blizzard is attempting to wipe out a whole races area. Why?

Because it's what Alliance players have been insisting they should get to do to the Forsaken since before Vanilla launched?
04/07/2018 11:22 PMPosted by Ronstin
04/07/2018 10:55 PMPosted by Briinn
OP seriously???? Elves are an ancient race who have lived there for ages and have you simply forgotten where Hyjal and Nordrassil is???? It is not only Teldrassil it is the whole area and the ancients, you know the trees your orcs think is lumber?? Blizzard is attempting to wipe out a whole races area. Why?

Because it's what Alliance players have been insisting they should get to do to the Forsaken since before Vanilla launched?

Hope you realise you have just proven my point. We get wiped out but does Undercity really???? Or was the design of the Undercity hiding another secret?? Like it not being just a city? where have you seen a simliar outlay design?
I totally want night elves to make Mount Hyjal there home/ impenetrable fortress mountain. They could build a city like a wooden suramar and everything.
04/07/2018 11:28 PMPosted by Briinn
04/07/2018 11:22 PMPosted by Ronstin

Hope you realise you have just proven my point. We get wiped out but does Undercity really????

Yes.
04/08/2018 12:03 AMPosted by Ronstin
04/07/2018 11:28 PMPosted by Briinn
Hope you realise you have just proven my point. We get wiped out but does Undercity really????

Yes.

Okey seeing, if you are anything like my sons who never read quests nor followed lore but chose horde to kill stuff here goes. After Arthas killed his father in the throne room he quietly did some major interior work down in the lower sections of Undercity. Now Undercity has the same layout as something like Naxx. Are you still following? In very old maps Undercity was called Necropolis. Take another look at the layout and remember Dalaran also at one stage was in the Hillsbrad Foothills. So have you really lost undercity or gained its true intent created by Arthas of becoming a necropolis?