BfA more caster swords and daggers please

General Discussion
Now I not sure if this will be a popular idea but with Legion having mage, warlocks and SP with a sword/dagger weapon. I would love to see more of these. Would be nice to have verity in weapons. Not being forced into a dress/staff outfit just because I am not playing a melee spec.

I really would like if we had the able to chose dress like battle mage arch type. Really wish battle mage was a playable class. Like some of the mobs in Vanilla. Bit of a bummer npc gets all the cool stuff. Like shadow bolt volley. That really would be a cool aoe spell for warlocks.
Wow I thought this would have gotten more replies.
I prefer only having to collect one weapon over two. I'ld rather them loosen transmog restrictions but its w/e
With shamans able to dual wield fists again, plz more spell fists.
Yeah im completely sick to death of staves, i always prefer 1H+OH, especially 1H swords. We should be able to mog any caster weapons, regardless of what type is equipped.

Can hunters mog a gun into a bow or warriors mog a sword into a mace? (genuine questions, i don't play them but suspect there's some flexibility lol)
04/08/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Virus
Yeah im completely sick to death of staves, i always prefer 1H+OH, especially 1H swords. We should be able to mog any caster weapons, regardless of what type is equipped.

Can hunters mog a gun into a bow or warriors mog a sword into a mace? (genuine questions, i don't play them but suspect there's some flexibility lol)

Guns and Bows are intermoggable, yes.

Staves and Polearms are intermoggable.

One handed sword,axe,mace are all intermoggable.

Two handed sword, axe, mace are all intermoggable.
I remember a long time ago ending up with a 1h int sword or dagger was kind of common. I think the first caster I ever made had a dagger with some darkness effect on it for quite a long time leveling.. it would be nice to once again have relevant weapons that are of these types..
04/08/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Gizzy
I remember a long time ago ending up with a 1h int sword or dagger was kind of common. I think the first caster I ever made had a dagger with some darkness effect on it for quite a long time leveling.. it would be nice to once again have relevant weapons that are of these types..

You might see them again as we return to the classic looting system for weapons. Having weapon types locked was freaking awful. Spell daggers are common because they are good for Shams, Droods, Locks, Mages, Priests. I think they'd also have agi on them too making them useful for rogues.

Swords are same ballpark, if they will have str/int on them as well.
I really appreciate if they change way transmog work, just like I suggest in this topic...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761907692#1

TLDR: You can use it, you can mog it whatever your weapon really are.
04/08/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Zaroessill

and staff. I've run around with two staffs on a furry warrior. It's kind of funny.
04/08/2018 12:34 AMPosted by Doomcaster
Not being forced into a dress/staff outfit just because I am not playing a melee spec.

I agree 200%.

See video: https://youtu.be/2z29Rk8814w
04/08/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Kompressor
04/08/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Zaroessill

and staff. I've run around with two staffs on a furry warrior. It's kind of funny.

I think only staves and polearms can be mogged together -- oh wait, polearms can be used on pally/Dk derpaderp.
04/08/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Zaroessill
04/08/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Kompressor

I think only staves and polearms can be mogged together -- oh wait, polearms can be used on pally/Dk derpaderp.

All 2h weapons can be interchangeably mogged, so long as the user can equip them.