Why is Snowball considered mature language?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I just wanted to name my shiny white Mountain Cottontail in honor of our holier-than-thou Pope Snowball, but Snowball is considered mature language.

Yet "Snow Ball" works just fine.

That's right.

Snowball, bad; Snow Ball, okie dokie.

Please explain this madness.
They mark some things as 'mature language' because the name is used for NPCs or other reserved names. It's not literally 'mature language'.

At least if I remember right.
The "mature language" tag is a catch all for all names not allowed or reserved. As for why it's on the verboten list, one cannot say. The entry on Urban dictionary is pretty disgusting, Blizzard does use that for reference if I recall.
04/19/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Hazel
I just wanted to name my shiny white Mountain Cottontail in honor of our holier-than-thou Pope Snowball, but Snowball is considered mature language.

Yet "Snow Ball" works just fine.

That's right.

Snowball, bad; Snow Ball, okie dokie.

Please explain this madness.
The filter doesn’t know whether your intent is the noun or verb option so it made the cautious decision.
You could google it, but let's just say there are less-than safe-for-work definitions of "Snowball".
'cause when used as a verb it definitely is.
look it up on urban dictionary.
If i tell you ill get banned

So keep dreaming
look it up on urban dictionary
I remember a character from Clerks nicknamed Snowball. He got that name for, uh, not entirely wholesome reasons.
Almost everything is mature language nowadays. I've had names which were in most cases completely safe shot down because of one slang definition that over 85% of people wouldn't associate with the name (myself included).
04/19/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Brahmina
You could google it, but let's just say there are less-than safe-for-work definitions of "Snowball".

geez, it is like some of you guys speak a foreign language.
I've... uh... seen worse on UD. Realistically, you can look up almost any normal word you can think of and they'll have an entirely unwholesome definition for it.
So is French Fry.

I can't name my seagull...
I tried to name a black lamb "Bah bah black" in reference to a nursery rhyme.

A nursery rhyme.
04/19/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Yukine
I've... uh... seen worse on UD. Realistically, you can look up almost any normal word you can think of and they'll have an entirely unwholesome definition for it.

i wish people would stop doing that, because soon we will have no language
I cant figure out why !@#$le is a banned word. Cant type it in chat or anything.
04/19/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Yukine

You're right. I just looked up "puppy," and sure enough, puppy apparently should be off-limits now too.
Google it. It's not as cute and innocent as it sounds.

And this topic has been brought up MULTIPLE times on the forums ever since a hunter said she was not able to name her pet Snowball.
I have some pretty dope character names that didn't get flagged, so it's probably just because the name will be used for an NPC or something.