Revamp what Deathwing has done.

General Discussion
If your gonna keep this low xp going, you really need to revamp the older zones again. I understand you guys want to be new player friendly but non of the lore is accurate, in fact I seen newer players with lots more lore questions that aren't being answered while leveling. I'm not saying all the zones are boring or bad, like any with Garrosh and other major lore characters minus hillsbrad (that place is just awesome period) are generally fun and engaging.

However a lot is inaccurate talking about deathwing and the end of the world angry elements when that was 8 years ago now, its not new player friendly and just confusing. I get it would be a lot of work to revamp all quest lines every expansion but its been 8 years, and deathwing has come and died we should at least see older zones that were effected by that incident to be updated to now how they should look, like the barrens and darkshore.

TLTR;DR we should just revamp death wing areas so new players aren't as confused.
04/19/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Ughash
TLTR;DR we should just revamp death wing areas so new players aren't as confused.

I agree.

If Metzen were in charge it would happen or at least some form of phasing to show the old world that also does not allow flying.
Well our stormwind park was finally built after two expansions.....so i guess thats considered a revamp
They have so much work to do on old models / textures. I'm hoping that they are able to re-use a lot of them so they can prioritize updating the older game. With a full game price tag associated with each expac + sub fees I feel the cost justifies it. The tech needs updating to stay current and last for another 10 years.

Getting the zones setup to be easier to edit would be revolutionary for MMO. Or, in this universe, ensure WoW is forever #1 in this style of MMORPG.
It's been cata leveling longer than it was vanilla leveling.
They have so much work to do on old models / textures. I'm hoping that they are able to re-use a lot of them so they can prioritize updating the older game. With a full game price tag associated with each expac + sub fees I feel the cost justifies it. The tech needs updating to stay current and last for another 10 years.

Getting the zones setup to be easier to edit would be revolutionary for MMO. Or, in this universe, ensure WoW is forever #1 in this style of MMORPG.

That’s the key. I’m guessing they aren’t now. But a truly active world with more frequent updates would be fantastic. I’d dedicate a team of a few people to work on this actively. Limit them to only in game models and doodads If you want...

But, IMHO, if the zones changed even slightly here and there in an organic way, that would be incredible. And would make rerollers like myself more intrigued to reroll—and find these changes.
If it was going to happen it should have been alongside the introduction of allied races. So i just doubt it will ever happen.
Agreed. If they want to keep this game going, this really needs to happen.

Had they left it as the original Vanilla world it wouldn't be so bad, as "time" would simply progress as you leveled. But with so much of the old world revamped, and so much left untouched or otherwise out of chronological order.. well, they need to make another pass at this.
04/19/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Sollis
If it was going to happen it should have been alongside the introduction of allied races. So i just doubt it will ever happen.

It feels so strange leveling the allied races through the old zones, it's honestly off-putting. I just end up ignoring all the quest text now.
I just assumed every "new" character starts in the Cata timeframe, what made it weird back then is actually when you go to TBC or WOTLK zone... everyone's worried about Deathwing then all the suddenly they send you off to hellfire.

But now we have the allied races starting in the low zones and the Cata timeframe doesn't work even because these characters are from further in the future....

I'm not sure how they can fix the time or if they even should

I mean from a RP perspective its disjointed but id rather they keep moving on... Cata was a disappointment to me mostly because half of it was "wasted" (I'm not an alt's guy) so if they have another expansion where a lot of dev time is put into reamping i think it will always be disappointing.
04/19/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Avaldrena

That’s the key. I’m guessing they aren’t now. But a truly active world with more frequent updates would be fantastic. I’d dedicate a team of a few people to work on this actively. Limit them to only in game models and doodads If you want...

But, IMHO, if the zones changed even slightly here and there in an organic way, that would be incredible. And would make rerollers like myself more intrigued to reroll—and find these changes.

World Quests and I hate to say it... "The Toggle" (*vomits*) are really big steps in this direction. In order to flow players at max level to older zones they would also need ... wait for it ...

Zone Scaling
You would think some of those fires would of burned out by now but apparently invisible fairies keep pouring gasoline on them.
04/19/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Mightylink
You would think some of those fires would of burned out by now but apparently invisible fairies keep pouring gasoline on them.

look how long its been and sent hill is still ablaze I mean all those wood buildings are still standing yet the ones north of theramore are charred husks either the defias brotherhood are bad at arson or else the horde have better flame
04/19/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Froufroukin
I just assumed every "new" character starts in the Cata timeframe, what made it weird back then is actually when you go to TBC or WOTLK zone... everyone's worried about Deathwing then all the suddenly they send you off to hellfire.

But now we have the allied races starting in the low zones and the Cata timeframe doesn't work even because these characters are from further in the future....

I'm not sure how they can fix the time or if they even should

I mean from a RP perspective its disjointed but id rather they keep moving on... Cata was a disappointment to me mostly because half of it was "wasted" (I'm not an alt's guy) so if they have another expansion where a lot of dev time is put into reamping i think it will always be disappointing.

I made the same assumption when I was first questing through.

It works for certain races as the odd roaming adventurer...
>Pandaren
>Hulnsborn Tauren
>Zandalari Troll
>Dark Iron Dwarf
>Kul'Tiran

...has some uncomfortable ripples for others...
>a Nightborn exile player would be withering throughout the years leading up to their return to Suramar
>a Void Elf wouldn't have the shadow magic exposure until traveling to Argus

...and is downright paradoxical for the rest.
>Lightforged were entrenched on Argus for 10k years
>the Orc clans of Alternate Draenor didn't even know about Azeroth and would have no way to reach it at the start of the Cataclysm

A level scaling redistribution would help quite a bit for the first two categories. The revamped Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms could keep the 1-60 level range, but BC, LK, Upper Cata, and MoP zones would need to all be changed to 60-90. That way, players would have the option to continue to deal with the Deathwing Crisis (Upper Cata), or address the ongoing faction conflict (Mists), OR they could speak with Chromie to time-travel and assist in the charge against the Burning Legion (BC) or the fall of Arthas (LK). Even one quest from a Bronze Flighter explaining that time travel is involved in going to BC and LK regions (perhaps even in the call to arms) would be tremendously helpful for the continuity of the questing.
Maybe the same would also work to explain the Allied races that are temporally displaced.
04/19/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Wyspers
04/19/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Avaldrena

World Quests and I hate to say it... "The Toggle" (*vomits*) are really big steps in this direction. In order to flow players at max level to older zones they would also need ... wait for it ...

Zone Scaling

Whats...''the toggle''?
04/19/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Ishikowa
Whats...''the toggle''?

its like the waggle but you put a little more emphasis on the head bobbing
04/19/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Wariya
Well our stormwind park was finally built after two expansions.....so i guess thats considered a revamp
QQ 2 sad 2 be tru :(.

WAIT GUYS!! Varian died for the park!! He was like, Varian: "You know what, I want a park here what is the price?"

Defias brotherhood in disguised as a peon: "Hmm well we could do it for one hundred thousand gold."

Varian: "What if I were to just die in legion would you do it in my honor?"

Defias peon thinks deeply how he killed Edwin VanCleef without 2nd thought "HM YES YES YES!! WE WOULD!!!!!"

Varian:"AH splendid! As long as gul'danial isn't on the broken shore im sure ill live! As long as no one gives him a heads up!"

The end. It all makes sense!!!! Next we need Malfurion to die for darkshore to get revamped and Green pickle shammy sham thrall to repair the barrens!
I wish they would. But then blizzard would whine saying it would be the reason why future patches would have very little content.

I would think that redoing the quests would mostly just involve writers and maybe some tech developers. IMO blizzard doesn't work hard enough
04/19/2018 11:20 PMPosted by Equitis
I wish they would. But then blizzard would whine saying it would be the reason why future patches would have very little content.

I would think that redoing the quests would mostly just involve writers and maybe some tech developers. IMO blizzard doesn't work hard enough

You literally know nothing of game development and yet you make the claim that they aren't working hard enough?

I really can't stand that sort of attitude.
04/19/2018 11:20 PMPosted by Equitis

To be fair, they'd have to do quite a bit of work to make this happen. We're talking practically rebuilding the game from the ground up.

They didn't do themselves any favors with Cataclysm's revamping of the world unfortunately. The world itself (not just the quests) is quite clearly in a post-Wrath time, and fixing that would require as much change as Cataclysm originally required.