PSA: BFA no artifact xmog spec restriction.

Demon Hunter
On the Alpha the xmog rules currently let you xmog the Aldrachi Warblades or Twinblades of the Deceiver no matter the spec.

On alpha I'm running the Aldrachi Warblades as Havoc. Hopefully this stays, but I know some will be excited about this.
I've heard otherwise regarding spec artifact xmog restriction, but I really hope this stays... would love to use my Bulwarks on havoc.
I hope. I don't like the style of the warblades compared to normal glaives and would like to tank with my twinblades challenge skin.
04/17/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Caemar
I've heard otherwise regarding spec artifact xmog restriction, but I really hope this stays... would love to use my Bulwarks on havoc.

So far it works without having to any janky spec swap or what not.

I'm hoping it's supposed to be that way, but currently it works. Both are on the warglaive page.
I hope this sticks, spec locking the appearances always felt like a feelsbadman change. And since this expac is going to have a bunch of those already, might as well get rid of the bad change that isn't going to have an impact on gameplay but will make players happy (well, maybe won't make them "happy;" they are wow players after all ;) )
This might not stick as currently on Alpha there aren't even class restrictions on artifact appearances for xmogs. My DK can equip any 2h axe/sword artifacts I've unlocked regardless of class. Same for my warrior, I can run around with my DK artifact skins as arms/fury or Frost DK 1h weapon as prot warrior.

Hopefully they'll implement the class restrictions and leave out the spec restriction, but I'm not gonna hold my breath until they make an announcement.
04/17/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Reinidar
04/17/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Caemar

I'm hoping it's supposed to be that way, but currently it works. Both are on the warglaive page.
How exactly does that work? Lets use Umbewing from the Mage Tower as an example; is it a 1:1 transmog for your weapons, where your OH can be something else? Can the OH part that's different be transmogged onto the MH? Or is it currently 2:1 where both your weapons take the appearance of whatever skin you choose?
04/17/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Sylithros
<span class="truncated">...</span>

How exactly does that work? Lets use Umbewing from the Mage Tower as an example; is it a 1:1 transmog for your weapons, where your OH can be something else? Can the OH part that's different be transmogged onto the MH? Or is it currently 2:1 where both your weapons take the appearance of whatever skin you choose?

1:1 currently. So you can mix and match. Although since you use a premade character I only have access to the base skins.