Am I shadow banned from these forums?

Customer Support
My most recent post over on General Discussion never seemed to show up. The topic title was "Any Official Word on Mage Tower Uptime". When I do a search for it, nothing shows up. I went back into my browser history, though, and it's topic number 20762247842. I also can't find it when I click on "View Post History" by my profile.
There is no such thing as a shadow ban, Mccrowley.

There is an issue where posting history is not working correctly. Do you have the URL of the thread?
If you was banned on the forums, you won't be able to make this thread. There just an issue with post history.
04/23/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Vrakthris
There is no such thing as a shadow ban, Mccrowley.

There is an issue where posting history is not working correctly. Do you have the URL of the thread?

Yes. It's "https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762177891". The other URL from my post that never even showed up is "https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762247842". That's my main concern. If it was just an issue with posting history not showing up, why can't I search the forums for "Any Official Word on Mage Tower Uptime" and have it come up that way?
04/23/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Mccrowley
That's my main concern. If it was just an issue with posting history not showing up, why can't I search the forums for "Any Official Word on Mage Tower Uptime" and have it come up that way?

BEcause both on broken. They will most like update it when the next xpack comes out.
If it was just an issue with posting history not showing up, why can't I search the forums for "Any Official Word on Mage Tower Uptime" and have it come up that way?

That is part of the issue, Mccrowley. Sorry for the frustration this may cause.

It looks like your thread (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762247842) is still there.
04/23/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Shinxtail
04/23/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Mccrowley
That's my main concern. If it was just an issue with posting history not showing up, why can't I search the forums for "Any Official Word on Mage Tower Uptime" and have it come up that way?

BEcause both on broken. They will most like update it when the next xpack comes out.

I hope so. It's weird that forum functionality would be tied to each expansion, though.
04/23/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Mccrowley
I hope so. It's weird that forum functionality would be tied to each expansion, though

It isn't.
BTW, do you get any errors when trying to view the post?
04/23/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Vrakthris
04/23/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Mccrowley
I hope so. It's weird that forum functionality would be tied to each expansion, though

It isn't.

To expand on what Vrak is saying they have tended to update the forums with each new expansion, sometimes that means just updating the graphics but they don't just wait for a new expansion to bring in new feature nor is forum functionality only fixed or brought in with new expansions.... That is probably what the other poster meant. They did just totally re-do the Overwatch forums with a new update, so I would expect that is what will be happening to the WoW forums as well, when that happens is anyones guess, but the new expansion might be a safe bet.
04/23/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Scüba
They did just totally re-do the Overwatch forums with a new update, so I would expect that is what will be happening to the WoW forums as well, when that happens is anyones guess, but the new expansion might be a safe bet.

All of our forums should eventually be converted to the same as Overwatch has now. We are rolling those updates out slowly though, addressing some of the issues that we have found, developing new tools and features to make our forums the best they can be.

When those changes will come to the World of Warcraft forums is not yet determined. It may be around the launch of the Battle for Azeroth, but it is not determined by that timeframe and I would be surprised if that were to come to pass. The game and the forums are entirely different entities with different teams working on them. The cosmetics of the forums usually update with an expansion, such as in theme and coloration. The fundamentals of the forums are on their own schedule.
04/23/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Vrakthris
It may be around the launch of Legion

You mean Battle for Azeroth?
04/23/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Elitedk
You mean Battle for Azeroth?

Yes, that's what I said.

>.>
<.<

Nothing to see here, move along.
These are totally the droids we've been looking for!
04/23/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Vrakthris
Nothing to see here, move along.

Oh no.

This goes to the top. THE VERY TOP!

As long as I can vaguely talk about this, all's good.
All of our forums should eventually be converted to the same as Overwatch has now. We are rolling those updates out slowly though, addressing some of the issues that we have found, developing new tools and features to make our forums the best they can be.

When those changes will come to the World of Warcraft forums is not yet determined.

Would it be a safe assumption that the reason things like post history and the various parse line errors on mobile aren't being fixed is because the new forums are taking priority?

Also, do you prefer the Overwatch forum layout to this one or other styles?
All of our forums should eventually be converted to the same as Overwatch has now.

Vrak, is there any way you could expand on this? Are they going to be exactly like the Overwatch forums? I really hope it isn't the same because those forums are a nightmare to navigate.
04/23/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Vrakthris
Yes, that's what I said.

Observe the Embarrassed Centaur (Bashfulnius Kolkarius) in his natural habitat. What a beauty! You can tell he lives up to the hallmark of his species by the flies whizzing around his head!

In recent years, Azeroth's top scientists have begun to record the buzzing of the Embarrassed Centaur's symbiotic fly species, and have been astonished to learn that they are actually heckling their chosen centaur! Let's see what his flies have to say!

"Got 'im!"

Fascinating!
04/23/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Cannibal
Would it be a safe assumption that the reason things like post history and the various parse line errors on mobile aren't being fixed is because the new forums are taking priority?

It is safe to assume that the issue is complicated. I don't know if it is less about priority and more about time involved. If it will take while to fix the overall issue and only slightly longer for the new forums to be implemented, why would you spend the time to fix something that isn't going to see much use before it is gone?

I can't speak for the web team though. I don't know what their workload looks like.

04/23/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Cannibal
Also, do you prefer the Overwatch forum layout to this one or other styles?

I'm used to these, which means I'm more comfortable navigating everything because it is second nature to me. The World of Warcraft forums have been updated a few times since I've been here and completely overhauled once. In each case though they have remained fundamentally the same.

With that said, I really like the layout for the Overwatch forums, and I have a lot more buttons than the normal user. :) There are options on those forums that we simply don't have on these. There is a great deal more potential with those forums with the ability to add and update features for us, Community, Moderators and players.

I know we've received a lot of feedback about the forums, requesting some features, getting rid of others that just seem noisy. The web team has been cataloging all of the feedback, going over what could work, what won't, and working on a deployment schedule for the features we'd like to see based on various priorities. I'm more than a little excited to see the WoW forums transition, but I'm hoping with some of the updates I know we've asked for. :)

04/23/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Broklesnar
Vrak, is there any way you could expand on this? Are they going to be exactly like the Overwatch forums? I really hope it isn't the same because those forums are a nightmare to navigate.

I can't say they'll be exactly how they are now, since there are plans for a number of updates. Quality of life updates that folks have asked for, features that we'd like to help moderation, but all of our game forums will be the same.