I'm quitting till classic.

Classic Discussion
However long it takes, I got plenty else to do. Plenty of other games I want to actually play. I have no interest in going forward with wow. Only backwards.

My account actually already expired, I didn't think I could post this. But blizzard keeps bothering me with a beta invite. I told them the only beta I will play is Classic Wow.

Get off my back Blizzard. I can't STAND the game now. Thanks for the statue though, that was nice.

Ever since their announcement I've kind of been possessed by Vanilla, or Classic, whatever you want to call it. But I've got TONS of old games that I've been neglecting in the 13.5 years, some of them Blizzard even.

Goodbye Blizzard, for now...
So you don't enjoy the same dailies over and over again? What are you? Crazy?
Right there with you OP. I'm not going to waste my time walking the battered and beaten path that is retail. Classic is the only game I've been excited for in years, I've got days left on my sub and after only being able to play the game for an hour before getting bored; I know Classic is going to provide me a 100x more enjoyable experience than retail ever will.
I have Final Fantasy 1-7, Shining games, dozens of SNES games, every Blizzard game before WOW. I'll be alright.

It's weird, ever since I saw all those expacs go backwards I have no interest in going forwards.
04/25/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Supastarr
I have Final Fantasy 1-7, Shining games, dozens of SNES games, every Blizzard game before WOW. I'll be alright.

It's weird, ever since I saw all those expacs go backwards I have no interest in going forwards.

It took you until the end of the expansion to realize that?

See you in BfA.
Welcome to this side.

A funny thing happened to me, too, when the eventual return of Classic was announced. I realized that my continued involvement in the current game was based really on the sunk cost fallacy, that so much time invested prevented me from quitting. But I could no longer live with the little, compounded changes that bugged me about the current game. I did myself a favor and cancelled my sub. I haven’t missed the Legion experience once since doing so.

I do miss the regular battlegrounds that I was participating in with some bnet buddies. It didnt justify the continued subscription cost. So... my wow energy reserves are now directed toward future involvement in Classic.

So very pumped for Classic. My enthusiasm has been tempered by the unavoidable wait and, perhaps, my fear that it might not be well executed and could be some monstrous hybrid of modern day and Vanilla. But I’ve convinced myself that Blizz will do the best thing and release a game that will be undeniably faithful to 1.whatever.
To be fair I have been tempted to buy BFA. They’ve replaced Legendaries with Heirloom items I have read. To me though, Heirloom? What is that? It sounds like “progress”.

Legion killed it for me, that’s the truth of the matter. One thing that won’t be going away is level scaling in Azeroth now. While it may be attractive to some players to grind on bears around Eastvale Logging Camp all the way to level 60, because the bears scale with you in level now...it dumbs down Azeroth to an intolerable level for me. In BFA the metamorphosis will likely be complete and you will likely be able to level both cooking and fishing to max with catfish out of the SW canal...for those who forgo the auto BFA boost to BFA cooking and fishing. The dumbing down of Azeroth in the current game also makes the entire current game unappealing to me.

So I have been tempted to go BFA, but I just cannot do it.

Now this dumbing down of Azeroth might be part of Blizzards grand design, so there will undoubtedly be a significant difference between the Azeroth in the current game and the original Azeroth on the vanilla server. In a backwards way, it could have an effect that endears the original game to those who wish to play vanilla. The unfortunate side effect in the meantime is that there is very little of the original Azeroth left in the current game, preventing players from getting their Azeroth fix. This means some may unsubscribe for a while. It is possible this is all part of Blizzards game, pun intended.

Either way I am also holding out for the vanilla server.
I quit the game a year ago under the impression I'd never come back, and then they announced Classic. I'll sub the moment it launches and not a moment sooner.
04/25/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Supastarr
Plenty of other games I want to actually play.

Play Dwarf Fortress. It's got enough content to see you to Classic's release date.
Level scaling... seriously Blizzard?

Quests better scale with character level too then

I liked going back to lower level areas to farm crafting mats etc on max level characters

I really dislike Diablo III RoS because of level scaling

If it weren't for the fact that I have friends that play the game I would have quit long ago

I went and bought an original copy of Diablo III for the PS3.

Yes the very first version of the game that has Nightmare, Hell and Inferno because I prefer that version over RoS
Up until Cata came out, I played a lot of wow, and I do mean a lot. Over the last few years, I have popped in from time to time to play but never really stayed too long. Now that Classic is coming out, there is a very good chance I'll return to the old habits and play with the same eagerness as I once had.

As for saying I would stop playing and quitting until then, and even then only playing Classic, I cant really say, I would be happy to play the retail as well, to keep in touch of where the game is going. I feel I would play classic far more, but who knows, Bliz may introduce a few new things I find good in the game to the retail version, and I could find myself playing there again.

I have been un-subbed for a while now as well through my own reasons (real life issues etc), but the announcement that classic is coming back has peeked my interest to the point where I am even tempted to sub in before classic is released, just to get back into the groove again. I am yet to decide if I will sub before Classic is out, but I wont rule it out either.
I too unsubscribed with the announcement of Argus. To be honest, I never played Cata and Kung Fu Panda didn't attract me either. I came back midway through WoD and dangling carrot never ends. That's the killer for me. See you in Classic.
Deleted all my high-level toons last week. Done.
I want a beta invite! Blizzard if you are reading this ;)
04/25/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Voo
I too unsubscribed with the announcement of Argus. To be honest, I never played Cata and Kung Fu Panda didn't attract me either. I came back midway through WoD and dangling carrot never ends. That's the killer for me. See you in Classic.

What gets me is that it's seasonal. Neverending progression is one thing, but shuffling content along in a seasonal basis (due to the nature of catchup mechanics) doesn't feel great to me. That's one reason why I'm so excited for classic.

A lack of daily quests and timed lockouts for everything that isn't a raid also helps with that. I can play at my own pace rather than getting rewards for participating at set intervals.
04/25/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Supastarr
But I've got TONS of old games that I've been neglecting in the 13.5 years, some of them Blizzard even.

Goodbye Blizzard, for now...

Your not alone in unsub with current WoW and waiting for classic. I been playing old games also. My Sega Saturn was super dusty but still works.

"OLD GAMES ROCK"
Good time to play on your Super NT and lots of classics.
I tend to go back to wow and resubscribe for a month every 7 or 8 months and everytime am so completely underwhelmed that I never come close to finishing out the month.........
Same reason I quit, although I didn't realize it at the time. ;)
Your 8 years behind the curve.