The Horde is Here Waiting for You

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
Are you waiting in the Bushes of Love?
04/26/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Mightylink
Their basically telling all alliance players to quit confirming their horde favoritism.

Not giving alliance a complete copy of a horde race isn't horde bias.
No. Not a fan of spiked architecture and sadistic warchiefs.
04/26/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Gorthraw
Can’t help but read that quote in the tone of the theme song to the Love Boat. Anyone else getting that vibe?
Soon we'll be making another run!
It's everything I've ever wanted.

Demonic Fel Crystals dotting the cityscape
The oppressive, totalitarian regime
The causal genocide of the faction at large.

Golly gee, what took me so long to find my place? </sarcasm>
04/26/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Tyierin
04/26/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Taigu
I just want to welcome all High Elf proponents to the Horde as you make your new Blood Elf characters.

Lok'tar Ogar

Victory for sylvanas

Don't worry she's gonna bomb silvermoon soon honey.
If you think for a second she cares about anyone but herself LMFAO
04/26/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Odurren
04/26/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Xathra
Pandas

which also had an entire sea turtle to work with. Hense large numbers than a fractured and splinter group of people.

But holy crapoli the amount of saltiness in this thread. I literally came BACK to alliance just to experience the alliance side of BfA because my character has a pretty fair amount of past RP in Kul/Giln/Lord (mainly Lord) buisness but seeing this makes me want to forget about it go back to pretty horde side, not petty alliance side. No wonder why he shot you guys down with a vengeance.

This doesn't represent all of us! I swear---its just how the forums can be. This has been a hotly debated thing for weeks now and since Ion just addressed it firmly today, you're seeing some of the fallout and people talking through it some of which thought it would be a thing.

There also were plenty of people horde+ally both on the 'No' side of this.
04/26/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Stunky
I feel like they should remove Nightborne after this Q&A, after all, if you want to play a purple or blue-ish skinned elf, the Alliance is waiting for you.

First, Ion made me laugh when he said that.

This, as well, made me laugh. Good show
04/26/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Xathra
Yup Ion is a horde biased child who doesn't know any lore about the game he is in charge of and can't parse above green hence the gcd changes good to know.

There is no need for such a behavior.

Just roll Horde if you wan't to be a blonde elf, there is nothing wrong with not having the race you wan't in the game, I wan't a new worgen model since 2014 but these things happen.

Enjoy what we have:D
"Just roll Horde if you want to be a blonde elf"...yeah, just like if you want to be a purple elf you roll All...ooooooohhhh wait.
I think this burst of negativity over the whole High Elf thing isn't because of the answer, but the way that answer was presented.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we basically hear Ion say 'If you want to play the most requested race in WoW's history, play my faction'. THAT is the problem.

I personally don't care either way. I'll keep playing a human for as long as they get the 10% bonus reputation.
04/26/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Vamp
No Alliance player would choose Barbie over Elvira. Sorry, princess.
No person with taste would choose Barbie over Elvira
04/26/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Arkarius
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we basically hear Ion say 'If you want to play the most requested race in WoW's history, play my faction'. THAT is the problem.

My problem was his statement that there's no real organization of High Elves left in the world.

*Looks at Suramar*

I mean...it's not even a good deflection point when a large standing army of them featured predominately in this expansion.
I’m sorry I don’t get it, honestly. Alliance can be a night elf or a void elf. Horde can be a blood elf or a Nightborne.

I just don’t see what the problem is. Seems like we are pretty well elfish on both sides.
Fix the female forsaken skull face and you have a deal.
04/26/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Xandrigity
I’m sorry I don’t get it, honestly. Alliance can be a night elf or a void elf. Horde can be a blood elf or a Nightborne.

I just don’t see what the problem is. Seems like we are pretty well elfish on both sides.

I'll admit, it's predominately a story issue. The High Elves of the Silver Covenant have been a constant Alliance ally since Wrath of the Lich King. This isn't about racial balance or anything of the like. It's the fact there's been a group that has proven itself to be a friend of the Alliance time and again, and here comes an expansion with a system designed to allow players to play as members of affiliated races and organizations that are friendly to their respective factions.

And now we're being told THE allied race, who has been around the longest and featured predominately in multiple expansions' narratives, isn't just not being considered but that they were never relevant to begin with.

It really, fundamentally bothers me.

Looking at it from another angle, it'd be like if the Horde never got playable Goblins. If they'd gotten Hobgoblins instead, but the Zeppelin updates still included a Goblin crew. Gallywix was still introduced as a major narrative player. And then BfA comes around and Ion says that Goblins and Gnomes are essentially the same thing and there's no real organization of Goblins in the world and if people want to play as the diminutive genius type they should roll Gnome.

White people like white skin not purple/non-white skin.
04/26/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Peruse

White people like white skin not purple/non-white skin.

I’m not racist, I have heaps of purple friends
04/26/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Vamp
No Alliance player would choose Barbie over Elvira. Sorry, princess.
That no only represents you not all of us apparently