Blizzard wont make any changes

Classic Discussion
Like seriously, stop making these useless posts. Where have you been for the past 2 years? Blizzard said
We know vanilla means vanilla.
yeah but there's a LOT of vanilla. the fact patch progression is pretty unlikely there needs to be a decision on how things are going to be. do they go with vanilla =vanilla with just giving us 1.12 again (even with time gated content)? or do they give us a frankenpatch that tries to give us the vanilla experience? if they do the latter they have to consider balance of the entire game because of how changes to make fights harder or what not can push some specs out of viability. if they rebalance for raiding then they have to rebalance for PvP and so on and so on.
Also keep in mind that there are a bunch of things that could be improved that had nothing to do with the gameplay/world interaction, like the UI being able to show what stats you are gaining/losing on mouseover.

The UI grew a ton more user friendly over the years, I'm not sure that it is a good idea to go back to the unrefined state of that.
I'm sure we all know this by now. They come in here asking for all these disgusting changes hoping blizzard will just suddenly change their mind on the whole project for just maybe the 1%. like I've said from before, if we all ignored these posts, they'd eventually go away since there's no one to argue with about it. That's my advice
A year after launch with all the “Blizzard polish” that makes vanilla not vanilla. You will still be playing. Because private server are not vanilla either.
04/05/2018 02:18 AMPosted by Purplecougar
Like seriously, stop making these useless posts. Where have you been for the past 2 years? Blizzard said

Don't worry... these guys are modern WoW trolls. They are bored to tears grinding artifact power... and know BfA is just more of the same. They come here to try and get a rise out of people who have a real, promising, game coming.

Pure jealously. When it releases they will either be right there with us excited beyond belief... or grinding Azerite with the other 137 folks on their server.

Isn't it GOOD to have choices? :)
04/05/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Slugs
Because private server are not vanilla either.

True enough... but even bad copy of a 14 year old game is more exciting than what that game "evolved" into.
I think everybody is to worried about what they plan on doing. I'll be excited for what ever the give us.
04/05/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Tristany
04/05/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Slugs
Because private server are not vanilla either.

True enough... but even bad copy of a 14 year old game is more exciting than what that game "evolved" into.
People only endure bad copies because it’s free. Put a sub on a private server and watch them go full battle frog mode.
Nah, there's changes outside of the Vanilla time-frame that will benefit Classic greatly, so I'll keep advocating for them.
04/05/2018 02:34 AMPosted by Valhalian
yeah but there's a LOT of vanilla. the fact patch progression is pretty unlikely there needs to be a decision on how things are going to be. do they go with vanilla =vanilla with just giving us 1.12 again (even with time gated content)? or do they give us a frankenpatch that tries to give us the vanilla experience? if they do the latter they have to consider balance of the entire game because of how changes to make fights harder or what not can push some specs out of viability. if they rebalance for raiding then they have to rebalance for PvP and so on and so on.

Every class had their place in the raid. So this means if healers are running out of mana and dps casters are also running out of mana - even with consumables, etc. Then it obviously isn't tuned very well. Notice I separate it into 2 parts - healers and dps casters.

Classes/specs providing utility were much less mana dependent.

Re-tuning may not be as difficult as people think though. Assuming MC as the raid tier, Mage gear 1.1 was heavy on int. Little spell power. If mana becomes a problem, then itemization (while keeping their original stats!) changes. That to me is a good thing.
Blizzard wont make any changes

Source?

They have also said the words "Vanilla experience" a lot. That does not mean a straight-up copy of Vanilla 100% intact.

There will be differences.

So, please stop making the useless "no changes" posts. :)

04/05/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Mchortons
Nah, there's changes outside of the Vanilla time-frame that will benefit Classic greatly, so I'll keep advocating for them.

Also this...
Naive
04/05/2018 04:01 AMPosted by Smeet
Also keep in mind that there are a bunch of things that could be improved

Also keep in mind that your version of improved may be my version of ruined
Like seriously, stop making these useless posts.

Some questions about "changes" are legit, like which changes are they going to use from when they were patching vanilla?
Some are just silly. Not all changes mean what you think they mean.
04/05/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Slugs
<span class="truncated">...</span>

People only endure bad copies because it’s free. Put a sub on a private server and watch them go full battle frog mode.

False
It's mostly the pro changers who want to play Classic for free

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761987318

In the meantime "no changers" screamed for years they'd pay blizzard for a Classic official server.
...People only endure bad copies because it’s free. Put a sub on a private server and watch them go full battle frog mode.

False

In the meantime "no changers" screamed for years they'd pay blizzard for a Classic official server.
Love how you took “put a sub on private servers” and turned it into “make Blizzard servers free” Strawman in it’s purist form.

Adding a sub to pservers = higher expectations from pserver devs.

Removing a sub from Blizzard servers = less less expectations of the devs BUT also less stable stable player base.
04/05/2018 02:34 AMPosted by Valhalian
because of how changes to make fights harder or what not can push some specs out of viability.

You seem to forget that Classic has 9 classes, its not a game of specializations; its a game about classes.

You can customize your character any way you like, but no matter how hard you try, you will never really be a *retribution paladin*, instead you are a paladin who selected some retribution talents.

After that point its your job to pick out items that fit the needs of the talents and spells you desire to use, and make the most of it.

It was never and should never be the job of Blizzard to hold our hands and give us all the loot and help we need so that every potential build in game is supposedly viable.

Trying to make believe that all builds should be viable is ridiculous, because there are potentially hundreds of thousands of possible builds. Should they all be of equal footing? Heck no!

Because all things are not equal in PVE, and because you the player are responsible for your self, you the player need to make choices that get you to your goals, instead of asking for special treatment or easy mode.
04/05/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Slugs

False

Love how you took “put a sub on private servers” and turned it into “make Blizzard servers free” Strawman in it’s purist form.

Adding a sub to pservers = higher expectations from pserver devs.

Removing a sub from Blizzard servers = less less expectations of the devs BUT also less stable stable player base.

Huh?

My point is that fans will pay for an "authentic as possible" experience (that's all there is to go on at this point), whereas you implied they'd leave.

I thought it was obvious, but apparently not.
Folks. There are going to be updates, stop being willfully blind. Transmog and Updated graphics are going to be in. 100 percent sure on this.

They have also said the words "Vanilla experience" a lot. That does not mean a straight-up copy of Vanilla 100% intact.

Is it possible that the term "vanilla experience" is an indication that Blizzard will be giving us a "Frankenpatch" using "features" of multiple vanilla patches and not trying to copy 100% any particular patch or patch cycle?

"Vanilla experience" does not necessarily mean that there will be any non vanilla QOL changes added to classic.