The most profitable profession?

General Discussion
What do you think is the most profitable profession out of these choices?

Enchanting
Jewelcrafting
Alchemy
Cook

Also, which is the most useful or best to have to if that makes sense
Depends on how much time you want to sink into making gold..

Enchanting is the best for passive income.

Depending on the server a fully ranked up alchemist can print gold. It takes far more monitoring of materials and organization then the others but makes far more gold.

Cooking isnt that good.. most players who need food bluffs rely on feasts made by their guild it isn't a loss but you won't make much except for doing the daily bacon quests.

Jewelcrafting is alchemys little brother. Less management but smaller profits.
Let me add one more.

Spending all your time dancing on a mailbox in SW.
04/17/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Primalmatter

Depending on the server a fully ranked up alchemist can print gold.

[/quote]
How? What things sell well?
04/17/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Michäel
What do you think is the most profitable profession out of these choices?

Enchanting
Jewelcrafting
Alchemy
Cook

Also, which is the most useful or best to have to if that makes sense

It all depends: on your server, on fluctuations in the market, on your preferred play style. If you want a real answer to this question, the best thing to do is to become familiar with the auction house on your server. I recommend installing Trade Skill Master and learning how to use it for market analysis. It's not intuitive at first, but there are many excellent guides on how to set it up and use it on YouTube.

Once you're using TSM you'll be able to quickly see what is selling well on your server at any given time, as well as how those sales have fluctuated over a longer period. Then, you can decide which market you might like to get into. The best profits are made when you look for something in demand that few other players are selling, but if you do find yourself competing, remember to only undercut by a copper even if you're desperate for gold. It drives the profits down for you and everyone else when you don't do this.

The aforementioned professions are mostly profitable because they sell consumables, which are nice markets for steady gold as long as you want to put in the crafting work. TSM can make collecting all the mats and combining them profitably much easier. They're also nice to have because you probably use their products on your own toons, so making the items yourself might be better than buying them off the AH. I save a lot of gold this way.
04/17/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Faolana
This is how I make an easy 5k an hour. Neither the men or the women can resist a sexual masculinity as powerful as mine. For a fee, I'd be happy to give private sessions.
04/17/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Empathetic
04/17/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Primalmatter

Depending on the server a fully ranked up alchemist can print gold.

How? What things sell well?[/quote]

Flask and potions the more obtuse usually the more profitable when it comes to minmaxing. I know the one that creates ghosts sells for huge profits. That being said you need to be on a raid realm.
For new players the most profitable endeavor is gold missions. With only 3 months to BfA pre-launch don't waste your time starting a new profession. Everyone will have to start at level 1 with BfA professions.
04/17/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Grâce
For new players the most profitable endeavor is gold missions. With only 3 months to BfA pre-launch don't waste your time starting a new profession. Everyone will have to start at level 1 with BfA professions.

Hmm didnt know that. I wont bother starting one then. Ill jsut sell everything.
04/17/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Lucifuge
04/17/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Faolana
This is how I make an easy 5k an hour. Neither the men or the women can resist a sexual masculinity as powerful as mine. For a fee, I'd be happy to give private sessions.

You're killin me, Smalls.