Worgen Female Shoulder Size

General Discussion
Is there a reason for this?
Yeah, because it's awesome.
I'm not a turtle, and if I was a turtle, I wouldn't need two shells.

Seriously, I could fit under either one of them.
04/19/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Trelanna
Is there a reason for this?

Have you seen how WoW does shoulderpads? Look at mine, they're huge!
Blizz likes them big.
maybe dont hit delts so much?
Admittedly, on some races they just float out in space and aren't positioned well.
Did someone say shoulder size? /flex
Don't tease me.
OP, this is World of Warcraft. Shoulder armor tends to the... extreme, throughout all it's history.

Back in the day, it tended to be a measure of power. The bigger the shoulders, the bigger the power. Tier sets often appeared to have full-blown buildings gracing one's clavicle. Between shoulders and helmets (And when I first started playing a melee class, I quickly discovered that all the powerful helmets made you look like a demented moose) a high-level geared character appeared to be on the verge of toppling over at ever step.

Hiding helms could help somewhat, but until recently shoulders were not able to be hidden. This had repercussions in the next stage of Appearance evolution-- Transmogrification.

Suddenly, you could at least make shoulder armor look less... distuptive to an intended look. This was especially needful for armorkini aficionados, as frankly carrying a pair of spiky flaming watermelons on your shoulders distracted from Da Sexy.

Now, we can hide shoulders-- and for many of us this is considered a good thing, as it can fit certain class fantasies far better. I don't know about you, but when I think Martial Arts, I rarely do so in connection with attempts to impersonate a linebacker for the Rams. No, I want a sleek, unencumbered appearance (unless for some reason I have been bingewatching episodes of Fist of the North Star).

So, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Hide or mog shoulders if the ones yo just got look... off. They look off on everyone.

Except Orcs. Orcs are all about Da Shoulders.
Shoulder armor is oddly-sized/positioned on a lot of races. Female night elves and female goblins have this strange thing where their shoulders are usually too far away or too high/low on their character models. It (along with sheathed-weapon placement) is one of those things that I wish someone would go through and tweak to not be so awkward.
Shut them off. You'll never regret it.
Worgen should get dog harnesses instead of shoulder pads, that way we know if you’re one of those helper pets or if you are a nasty stray that needs to be put down.

I think gnomes and dwarves would qualify to own a helper worgen pet based on their height disadvantage.
04/19/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Trelanna

Only a soft female worgen would say this. Us strong female worgen don't mind the big stuff on our shoulders. There's a reason I can bench press two male taurens and do curls using two male orcs. I use the female taurens for leg exercises while the light workouts are used for gnomes and goblins.

/flex
/flex chests
/flex waggle
/licks paws
Your shoulders look fine, cutie ;)

OH, see Brutalistica actually came to the thread with shoulders. So now I see what you mean. I think she looks pretty dope.
04/19/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Trelanna

That's because Worgen females are anorexic dogs with zero muscle mass. There's nothing but bone and skin and these "voids" between their legs and under their arms.

These large shoulders are what helps turn their sickly weak appearance into something pleasant and strong.

The large shoulder is one of the few qualities female Worgen got. It has a good balance with the rest of their armor pieces, unlike their body parts without armor. Check the DK set from EN and NIghthold, they look like some sort of badss female Lich King wolf.

If there's one thing that should be preserved in the new worgen female model, that thing is the armor proportion, balance and size.
BC orcs will tell you to appreciate it.
See, this is why everyone plays female blood elves. We can pull off any look.

Seriously though, some races really do look better than others. My guess is that they build these sets for a particular model and then adapt them to the other races. Sometimes it works.. but too often the more beastial races end up rather disproportionately proportioned.
04/19/2018 11:46 PMPosted by Reyvar
See, this is why everyone plays female blood elves. We can pull off any look.

I'm not sure if that's really the reason, but sure we could go with that lol.
04/19/2018 09:35 PMPosted by Magakick
I don't know about you, but when I think Martial Arts, I rarely do so in connection with attempts to impersonate a linebacker for the Rams

I especially like the shoulder armor with spikes, guaranteed to embed in the ground should we try to roll.