No new race?

Death Knight
Pumped for new races in general but feel disappointed that based on what I've seen none of the new races will be DK playable. Would have loved to play new mag'har dk.
Probably makes sense that some of them aren't playable.
Am i wrong in feeling like we missed out?
Maybe they need a patch to kill some so they can be raised again.
We've absolutely been left out of allied races, and it's completely unjustified.

Four of the races that we know of so far fit within the current, restricted lore of the dated starting zone: Dark Iron, Zandalari, Void Elf, and Kul Tirans. We've yet to find out the classes that Kul Tirans can be, but since they didn't give us Dark Irons (the only race they openly said they were considering), I'm sure as hell not holding my breath.
At least the chiropractor will be a thing.

It still is a shame.
Death Knights aren't allowed to have anything nice.
It goes against the concept that, since you are a DK, you are obligated by class fantasy to suffer.
Enjoy your crappy Legion iteration of Unholy in BFA too, because it doesn't seem like they're changing it. Oh well, nobody plays Unholy but me now anyway. :/
04/03/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Manapaws
It goes against the concept that, since you are a DK, you are obligated by class fantasy to suffer.
Enjoy your crappy Legion iteration of Unholy in BFA too, because it doesn't seem like they're changing it. Oh well, nobody plays Unholy but me now anyway. :/

I've been really digging UH. Wanted the Mage Tower artifact so been playing it the past week or so. Prefer it over frost for WQ's and such. Trying to get the hang of it for BG's.
04/03/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Mexan
04/03/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Manapaws

I've been really digging UH. Wanted the Mage Tower artifact so been playing it the past week or so. Prefer it over frost for WQ's and such. Trying to get the hang of it for BG's.

I'm not big on PvP. I've mained Unholy DK since Cata (originally started as a DK just to make a worgen character but not be lvl 1 again) and I've loved it until Legion. The Legion iteration of Unholy feels extremely lazy and un-fun compared to prior iterations. I prefer Unholy overall, but that's mainly because of my hatred for Frost. You shouldn't have too many problems with the mage tower challenge, Agatha is a faceroll from like 910/915+ ilvl. I remember how triggered I was when I beat that tower at 890ish ilvl and watched a video of a 910 DK with actual good legos walk in there and not even do half the mechanics. Glad you like Unholy, but I hope the future holds a better iteration of the specialization for us.
Suffer well.
04/03/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Manapaws
04/03/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Mexan

I'm not big on PvP. I've mained Unholy DK since Cata (originally started as a DK just to make a worgen character but not be lvl 1 again) and I've loved it until Legion. The Legion iteration of Unholy feels extremely lazy and un-fun compared to prior iterations. I prefer Unholy overall, but that's mainly because of my hatred for Frost. You shouldn't have too many problems with the mage tower challenge, Agatha is a faceroll from like 910/915+ ilvl. I remember how triggered I was when I beat that tower at 890ish ilvl and watched a video of a 910 DK with actual good legos walk in there and not even do half the mechanics. Glad you like Unholy, but I hope the future holds a better iteration of the specialization for us.
Suffer well.

It's like the mechanics changed for a more range type play. Which isn't horrible I suppose, just not quite aligned with the DK, IMO. I like all specs but avoided UH like the...well, uhhm plague!

As far as the Mage Tower, see my profile =D
04/03/2018 10:40 PMPosted by Mexan

Suffer well.

It's like the mechanics changed for a more range type play. Which isn't horrible I suppose, just not quite aligned with the DK, IMO. I like all specs but avoided UH like the...well, uhhm plague!

As far as the Mage Tower, see my profile =D

Grats, now to grind for the green recolor. :P
I'm not big on PvP. I've mained Unholy DK since Cata (originally started as a DK just to make a worgen character but not be lvl 1 again) and I've loved it until Legion. The Legion iteration of Unholy feels extremely lazy and un-fun compared to prior iterations.

What exactly do you prefer about pre-legion unholy? Putting up dots once then extending them to last 6 years?

Wow edge of my seat.

The only thing I dislike about current unholy is DnD's SS mechanic. I wish DnD was changed to just hit really hard and be fire and forget.
04/03/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Manarri
We've absolutely been left out of allied races, and it's completely unjustified.

Four of the races that we know of so far fit within the current, restricted lore of the dated starting zone: Dark Iron, Zandalari, Void Elf, and Kul Tirans. We've yet to find out the classes that Kul Tirans can be, but since they didn't give us Dark Irons (the only race they openly said they were considering), I'm sure as hell not holding my breath.

They need to redo the DK starting zone a bit to make DKs work. I am hopeful but not really expecting Blizz to get that done in time for BFA launch.

I tried to start a movement to shed light on this, only to get shot down on Reddit/WoW forums. It's kinda childish really. People telling me very aggressively and demeaningly that it's just me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/8a2x9b/bfa_is_not_going_to_add_anything_of_substance_for/?st=jfn0b04q&sh=5413fa44

"I don’t care if I’m downvoted a 2nd straight day on alpha test crybaby !@#$. But come on... if you’re a Dk you had the entire wrath expac as your showcase. DH has legion as their showcase. This is such crybaby crap."

I'm just quitting my DK. Maybe I'll play it again one day when and if they add something we can use. But they, being blizz, said that we don't deserve to have anything. So that being the case? I don't want to play a DK anymore. I can be happy with a Druid.
04/05/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Arasbjørn

I tried to start a movement to shed light on this, only to get shot down on Reddit/WoW forums. It's kinda childish really. People telling me very aggressively and demeaningly that it's just me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/8a2x9b/bfa_is_not_going_to_add_anything_of_substance_for/?st=jfn0b04q&sh=5413fa44

"I don’t care if I’m downvoted a 2nd straight day on alpha test crybaby !@#$. But come on... if you’re a Dk you had the entire wrath expac as your showcase. DH has legion as their showcase. This is such crybaby crap."

I'm just quitting my DK. Maybe I'll play it again one day when and if they add something we can use. But they, being blizz, said that we don't deserve to have anything. So that being the case? I don't want to play a DK anymore. I can be happy with a Druid.

I love all the hate on that reddit thread, we have just as much right to be able to play allied races as any other class. I've told my wife for months that I thought it was stupid that we were being shut out of them, as this is one of their "staples" to this expansion. They even teased us saying they were "thinking about Dark Iron Dwarves being able to be DK's" Why should we be unable to race change to a shiny new race once we unlock it like everyone else? It's completely stupid. I wish Blizz would say something on this, but they'll ignore it like usual, guess I'll probably play my hunter in BFA like I thought about.
Let's just redo the beginning of the game for each class so everyone has a scenario like dks! The time used to create that def won't take away from any end game content being created for BfA!
04/05/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Arasbjørn

My two most played classes are dk and druid. With the lack of improvement to either class I need to find an entirely new character to roll.
Oh look allied races. This is going to be awesome in this latest expansion.

*Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei cannot be Death Knights.

Okay, cool. They still haven’t announced what classes the Zandalari or Dark Iron Dwarves can be.

*Zandalari and Dark Irons cannot be Death Knights. You’re also getting Mag’har Orcs and Kul Tiran Humans. Haha, no Death Knight.

Well d@mn. How about a kick in the teeth for those blue eyed, undead killers. Suffer Well.

This sums up allied races for me.
No class changes, no allied races, losing apocalypse and sindragosa...

BFA is looking disappointing for us. Hope it turns out better than I'm dreading.
I still believe they haven't started work on UH yet in BFA. I've seen class changes for a lot of specs and UH is almost exactly the same. There would have at least been some juggling of stuff around tier levels for talents that you have seen in every other class.

I'm still waiting for a video to come out with changes, hopefully in a week or two. If I don't see it by then I'll start to be worried.
zandalari death knight should be a thing same with dark iron
They might add them after the launch. Pretty sure right now they wanted everyone to painfully experience their o-so-awesome leveling experience that isnt balanced for crap.

Letting them be DK would have eliminated half of leveling