New Build Thread - 4/13

Story Forum
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
Yes, they do. He's in perma-Bladestorm, his AA's cleave, and he's impossible for players to stand beside.

So how's he defeated? Purely the players or does Jaina chuck a spell at him or something?
04/13/2018 11:22 PMPosted by Rokugan
Not exactly. The Battlelord duels Saurfang down to 60 or 50% hp, at which point, Saurfang shrugs and gives you permission to make a copy of his axe.

Saurfang one-shots the Battlelord if they don't avoid his AoE.

it was a begrudging end to the duel. from the way he talks, it's pretty clear he knows he can't win.

battlelord's strongest warrior in azeroth currently, not counting odyn.
Jaina Proudmoore: That army is enormous. Give the word and I'll teleport us to safety.

Hm. Would've been useful earlier, Jaina.

04/13/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Yagarr
So how's he defeated? Purely the players or does Jaina chuck a spell at him or something?

At the end, it's the player, Jaina, Alleria, Anduin and Greymane staring Saurfang down. And the dude still wants to fight. They just all attack him until his health drops and he can't fight.

Horde players seem to fight Alleria at some point.
04/13/2018 11:38 PMPosted by Ximothy
Jaina Proudmoore: That army is enormous. Give the word and I'll teleport us to safety.

It would have been the most useful on the Broken Shore.
04/13/2018 11:40 PMPosted by Veloran
04/13/2018 11:38 PMPosted by Ximothy

It would have been the most useful on the Broken Shore.

So does Jaina give any word or hint on to what she was doing when she peaced out from the war against the Legion?

He's not in perma-Bladestorm. He jumps around, attacks, bladestorms, repeat.

Still a bit buggy, but he does go down.
Yes, they do. He's in perma-Bladestorm, his AA's cleave, and he's impossible for players to stand beside.

Genn and Anduin can tank him, so you stay at range and hit him.

04/13/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Remuurä
04/13/2018 11:22 PMPosted by Rokugan
Not exactly. The Battlelord duels Saurfang down to 60 or 50% hp, at which point, Saurfang shrugs and gives you permission to make a copy of his axe.

Saurfang one-shots the Battlelord if they don't avoid his AoE.

it was a begrudging end to the duel. from the way he talks, it's pretty clear he knows he can't win.

battlelord's strongest warrior in azeroth currently, not counting odyn.

Odyn's not even a Warrior.

And when you get Saurfang to 50%, he says, "Enough! You've proven your ability. I will grant your request."

Doesn't sound begrudging to me.
Tandreds canon! I wonder if his lady friend will be too?

Edit: Would also be nice if they pulled the Bloodmage hero Sylvos Windrunner out of the mystery realm.
04/14/2018 02:25 AMPosted by Azsharin
Tandreds canon! I wonder if his lady friend will be too?

Edit: Would also be nice if they pulled the Bloodmage hero Sylvos Windrunner out of the mystery realm.

Holy crap baskets they actually made him canon.

They even make note of the Red Shirt Guy and how he wasn't a "cannon".

Nice addition.
04/13/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Irenaus
Prince Anduin, your mount is prepared for the front.
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/724132.jpg
04/13/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Rokugan
I don't think the map is to be taken literally, but we have been teleporting to the Broken Isles, not flying to it.
All those boats and airships went there for the Broken Shore.

I don't understand the complaint, honestly.

The WoW map isn't necessarily a list of places that we've discovered. The entire world, players included, knew that Kul Tiras was out there already.

The way I see it, the fleets that were going to the broken shore probably knew exactly where Kul Tiras was and simply went around. That, or they somehow forgot an entire nation existed, bumped into it, said hello, and moved on because they weren't trying to go there, they were trying to go to where the war was happening.

So, basically, I don't think it's a matter of whether or not we were stupid enough to not notice it there, but a matter of not having had anything to do there at the time, and not updating the map until we had a better idea of location and geography.
By the way for what it's worth, apparently the Forsaken raising the Horde soldiers as skeletons may have been a mistake? They all wield Alliance weapons, and one guy said that there was a slight update and all of the skeletons are Alliance skeletons now
04/14/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Ximothy
By the way for what it's worth, apparently the Forsaken raising the Horde soldiers as skeletons may have been a mistake? They all wield Alliance weapons, and one guy said that there was a slight update and all of the skeletons are Alliance skeletons now
How long ago was that?

God, please no.

Any new iteration of the Windrunner nutjob clan cames worse than the previous one... I rather we don´t get more useless screentime devoted to them and instead give proper screentime for neglected NPCs.
04/13/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Reignac
https://www.wowhead.com/news=283532/

Okay I need context for this Tandred dialogue (is it a joke character? is wowhead assigning it to the wrong person?) because not only is he an RPG character, he's also a specific character Metzen pointed to and said won't become canon.

I'm pretty sure the character Metzen objected to was Fineas Goldensword because that required Proudmoore cheating on his wife.

Tandred was just a non-entity for the flippin' longest time and was just assumed to be non-canon because of where he came from and how he hadn't been used since (such as during the Tides of Darkness novel adaptation he was not mentioned). And really, Blizzard didn't want to anchor Kul Tiras to the Proudmoore family if they didn't have to (although it turns out they did anyway by having Mrs. Proudmoore step into the role)

04/14/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Arielangel

God, please no.

Any new iteration of the Windrunner nutjob clan cames worse than the previous one... I rather we don´t get more useless screentime devoted to them and instead give proper screentime for neglected NPCs.

High Elves apparently have big enough families that you can have distant cousins like that at least.
I actually like Voss's development based on what I've seen.

She clearly still hates the whole thing but she's not a raving lunatic about it. She's just being pragmatic about it, and only if they asked for it.

That's how I could have empathized with the Forsaken post-Wrath, but *shrug*
Also did anyone catch the High Elf NPCs + Warfront boss? Hype.
04/14/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Mythlos
Also did anyone catch the High Elf NPCs + Warfront boss? Hype.

Where did you see that?
04/14/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Mythlos
I actually like Voss's development based on what I've seen.

She clearly still hates the whole thing but she's not a raving lunatic about it. She's just being pragmatic about it, and only if they asked for it.

Of course you like it, you aren´t precisely strict regarding keeping a coherent narrative in the lore of this game.

She´s basically some random Forsaken using Voss corpse, period -yup, the 180 is literal with this one-.

04/14/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Mythlos
That's how I could have empathized with the Forsaken post-Wrath, but *shrug*

The problem with new aspull-Voss stance is teh fact it actually goes nowhere... bland and empty. No goal in mind, no purpose, no nothing. 100% apathethic.

04/14/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Seiryu
High Elves apparently have big enough families that you can have distant cousins like that at least.

Yeah, and each and every iteration of the Windrunner family has been terrible narrative-wise. Lirath was the best of them, but just because he had the decency of dying before becoming a lore annoyance.
Still not seeing why I should get this !@#$ expansion. They keep doubling down on !@#$ty decisions both in story (specially story) and in gameplay.
04/14/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Rakkrun
Still not seeing why I should get this !@#$ expansion. They keep doubling down on !@#$ty decisions both in story (specially story) and in gameplay.

Zandalari maybe?

I mean I see myself actually enjoying at the very least that part of the expac... if things go downhill from there, we can always suspend our subs and be done with the 4th rate expac...