Night Elf/Bloodfang Worgen as an Allied Race?

General Discussion
Anyone else see this as a possiblity? The worgen have become the main anti-horde race in the Alliance with Legion and are playing a big part in BfA (and I've just played through Silverpine Forest), so its not unreasonable to assume Genn may be recruit Ivar and his pack for the Alliance. Alternatively, the night elf worgen (the original druids who created the pack form and became worgen) could be brought as an Allied Race, through both Genn and/or Tyrande and/or Malfurion (assuming night elf worgen and the bloodfang aren't the same thing). I would really like to see this happen. We've seen with LFD and HT that Blizzard aren't afraid of just reskinning a race for an allied race, plus this would be the perfect opportunity to update the worgen models, for the allied race and the Gilnean worgen.
I agreeing with u
03/27/2018 04:23 AMPosted by Smalldudee
We've seen with LFD and HT that Blizzard aren't afraid of just reskinning a race for an allied race, plus this would be the perfect opportunity to update the worgen models, for the allied race and the Gilnean worgen.

It's not that they aren't afraid to do it.
It's that reskinning old races is the entire point.
I’d like that. I hope they update the model though.. esp the female ones..
I mean, its a possibility, but its probably one of the lazier possibilities and considering the criticisms already fired at the Alliance allied races and people desperate for a Worgen update, its not going to make things better
Bloodfang Worgen are exactly the same as Gilnean Worgen. They just embrace their curse more than the Gilnean and are more savage thanks to that (which is why I'm happy they seem to be part of BfA). Making an AR out of them would be like making an AR out of Westfall Humans.

Night Elf Worgen... honestly, it'd be better to simply update the model and create better options (the race has always been quite cheap in terms of customization). Worgen has an advantage that it is a curse changing a human into a worgen, so that change could vary in appearance. If Blizzard thought it was a good idea to give tails only to ginger pandaren women (and for some reasons, no other Pandaren has tails), then damn right cursed humans that mutate into werewolves could have more options like tails and face shape.

Anyway. What I think it's going to happen is: there won't be any Worgen or Goblin "subraces", but new races based on their models. A.k.a. Sethrak and Vulpera.
03/27/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Osiria
Westfall Humans
Best Allied Race idea I've ever heard.
I think the Gilnean allied race are the Kul'Tiras humans since they originally came from Gilneas (right?).
03/27/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Krelanis
Westfall Humans

Right?

People will go nuts waiting to play these awesome Westfall Humans!
I'm all for Bloodfang Worgen if they manage to make them more feral looking compared to Gilnean Worgen... and perhaps make them unable to go back to human form.

as for Night elf Worgen i'm worried all they will do is some slight re textures on the current worgen (runic night elven tattoos) and then just give them the Night elf Transformations. so no for me at least.
They are almost certainly going to go with the Night Elf Worgen. They love to add more and more and more Elves to this game.

So just making the Worgen model purplish and giving it the night elf flare, akin to how the night elf druid forms look. And otherwise they would just replace a human form with a night elf one.

But, man would it feel dull to just take two Alliance races, mash them together and call it a new race. Any elements that could be drawn from it would well... already be entirely covered.

If they are going to reskin the Worgen model, I would rather they reskin them into Gnolls. They have been around forever and they could sorely use a new model. And it would give the Alliance a proper thuggish bad guy race which would add an element sorely lacking in their vanilla, generic line-up.
Why not, we already have Blood Elves, Void Elves, Night Elves, Nightborne Elves, and Demon Hunter Elves.

One more Elven race wouldn't hurt the game right O.o
I like it... as long as horde gets a blood elf forsaken it seems like a fair balance. It seems to me they wouldn't be elves, they'd just be extra skins for the characters but would otherwise be worgen or forsaken.
That sounds good, but I don't want to have to farm for months just to get my updated worgen
Are the worgen you could get to guard your garrison Bloodfang? If anything I could see them adding their tattoos to the character customization.
03/27/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Krelanis
Westfall Humans
Redridge Humans. Duskwood Humans. Arathi Humans.
There was a very very long thread about it a few weeks ago so I'm pretty sure lots of people want this.
I don't want what is nothing more than customization options passed off as a "new race". I want a real new race, one totally different from what we have now.
Night Elf Worgen sounds cool until you remember that all of them are druids. Pretty lame to have a race added with just one playable class.
03/27/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Bankbaby
I don't want what is nothing more than customization options passed off as a "new race". I want a real new race, one totally different from what we have now.

Well then you probably don't like any of the allied races anyway.