What do you do for work?

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next
Economist
04/11/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Vannelli
Chef, surprised there’s not more cooks and chefs on here, where my kitchen folk at!?:)

Some 20+ years ago I worked for a week in a bakery that churned out cookies, cakes, Jell-O, and other desserts for 4,000ish servings per meal. Does that count?

Now, I like to make things explode, but I work a desk writing books telling other people how to make things explode. Where did I go wrong!
04/11/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Solaria
04/11/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Vannelli
Chef, surprised there’s not more cooks and chefs on here, where my kitchen folk at!?:)

Some 20+ years ago I worked for a week in a bakery that churned out cookies, cakes, Jell-O, and other desserts for 4,000ish servings per meal. Does that count?

Now, I like to make things explode, but I work a desk writing books telling other people how to make things explode. Where did I go wrong!

Really not sure I'd call that career progression wrong..... Adam, or is it Jamie?
Emergency physician. It's not just sticking needles in people and cutting organs; gotta have muscle, too. Don't want to be lifting some 500 pound guy having a stroke after eating thirty cheeseburgers without any muscle.
Paramedic for 4 years now. Couldn’t imagine doing anything else at this point.
I'm an author.
I deliver your mail with various tubes magic and my mailamental
Clothing retail manager.
Aircraft Structural mechanic. 13 years
Pharmacy technician. I count your Xanax and Percocet.

Kill me.
04/11/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Ornyx
This.
Weird. I was under the impression you were a target dummy, or at least a part-time punching bag.
I am an engineer, working the the grain protection industry
I work in fast food. Nice to relax after dealing with customers for 9 hours.
Roofer, just finished a day of re-installing new metal fasteners on a 24 story sloped metal roof in the pouring rain.
Night custodian. Makes finding a guild to raid with a challenge.
Masters student for Pharmaceutical Sciences, my BS was in Neuroscience. I study endogenous opioid knockouts in oral amphetamine usage
Head of Dispatch and Logistics for an IT Firm.
Finance

Plus Retired Military
Retail while in college.

I shouldn't feel like I need to mention college to justify it, but here we are.
Working my way through a degree in Biochem