make multiboxing bannable

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 20 Next
04/17/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Hypexclassic
04/17/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Floissais
huge multiboxer 40 man raid causing widespread lag

lol

that has happened many times, and some of them had a lot more than 40 accounts

it was mostly by the same few people, and they stopped doing it because wpvp really did die in WOD and legion.
Only way Blizzard changes the multibox policy is if Classic is free. Even the they probably wouldn’t ban it. Only cap it.
04/17/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Zionfist
<span class="truncated">...</span>
lol

that has happened many times, and some of them had a lot more than 40 accounts

it was mostly by the same few people, and they stopped doing it because wpvp really did die in WOD and legion.

So garrisons killed it in Wod.
Guess those wquests that sort of tried to encourage wpvp killed it in legion? Or maybe the wquests that sent people out into various parts of the world? Made some easy targets. I know I've made some allies mad in legion. Lol

Maybe its fun. Just not as much fun as some think? Maybe there's a plethora of other things to do in the game besides wpvp?
Maybe some of you just played the wrong server, faction, or joined the wrong guild?
It's not hard to find a fight when you're looking. You just have to put effort into it. Another mantra echoed here.
I mean sure seal clubbing alliance lowbies isn't what it once was either but that picked up a bit lately.
Can't wait to enjoy that again. Lol

Edit: yes garrisons really did. However that whole no flying thing should have encouraged it since you know having flying killed it. Lol
Multiboxing should be allowed. If I'm paying for two accounts, I should be able to be logged into both of them at the same time on the same computer. Otherwise I can just use a laptop next to my desktop and it's totally legit.

I think the intent of the post is to better enforce existing policies about automation between multiple clients. This has either always or has been against the ToS for a long time, however, the horror stories in this thread and others like it are usually due to lack of enforcement.

What is noticeable about these setups is how the multiboxed characters all seem to be able to make casts at the exact same time. A human manually controlling 5 clients couldn't do that, so it becomes obvious they have software designed to send instructions from the 'main' client to the 'slave' clients. That is the part that should be bannable, because it is software controlling a character from outside the client, better known as a bot.
04/17/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Hankscorpio
Multiboxing should be allowed. If I'm paying for two accounts, I should be able to be logged into both of them at the same time on the same computer. Otherwise I can just use a laptop next to my desktop and it's totally legit.

I think the intent of the post is to better enforce existing policies about automation between multiple clients. This has either always or has been against the ToS for a long time, however, the horror stories in this thread and others like it are usually due to lack of enforcement.

What is noticeable about these setups is how the multiboxed characters all seem to be able to make casts at the exact same time. A human manually controlling 5 clients couldn't do that, so it becomes obvious they have software designed to send instructions from the 'main' client to the 'slave' clients. That is the part that should be bannable, because it is software controlling a character from outside the client, better known as a bot.

Okay, so you think it should be allowed because you pay. But what about the players that pay for a solo experience? So because you paid more money you can negatively impact the entire zone or tons and tons of players?

There's no positives to multi-boxing and only negatives.

And it's impossible to multi-box without software.. So not sure what your point is, but you're proving my point pretty much so thanks lol. And it technically isn't a bot.. Which is also why it's not against the ToS currently.

And yes it should 100% be bannable. Do people think multi-boxers are only going to WPVP?

No they'll run bgs, ninja dungeons, and they'll mess up server economy via multi-boxing farm spots.

Do you think you'll be able to farm Devilsaur Leather on your high pop server? No, an intelligent multi-boxer will be camping all Devilsaurs lmao.

1 40 man raid vs multi-boxer 40 man raid isn't enough since the 1 40 man raid of different people aren't synergized enough...

Cap multi-boxing to 2 characters and just start calling it dual-boxing ba dum tiss. 2 seems like an amount that is easily manageable. 3 even.. It literally makes no sense as to why multi-boxing is allowed other than they simply haven't updated their TOS. yet which maybe they plan to change it a lot for classic or.. Money. Probably #2.

Thanks for your post
<span class="truncated">...</span>

people think they can't compare live servers to pservers just because its free

it doesn't mean anything lmao. if someone has the money and wants to multi-box then they'll multi-box.

i will make sure no one can ruin my wpvp experience in classic even if that means spamming classic forums about how multi-boxing should be bannable when it should be

The irony here, folks, is that spamming the forums is against Blizzard policy.

That's literally not irony... I can't tell if you're trolling or you literally just don't know what you're talking about.

There's no irony since.. Multi-boxing isn't against the ToS... Yet. Technically.. And that was an obvious hyperbole, do you know what that means? Like what you said literally made no sense to the point to where I doubted if I knew what you were talking about??? Do you understand that? LOL.
And it's impossible to multi-box without software.. So not sure what your point is. You're proving my point pretty much.

That was my intent. Allow me to clarify:

Multi-boxing: one player playing multiple accounts at the same time, usually on the same computer. Player still has to click inside each client and manually give any commands to the character. Was allowed, is allowed, and should continue to be allowed.

Multi-'botting': one player playing multiple accounts at the same time, on a single computer or network of computers, while leveraging software that sends commands to the different clients, bypassing the need to manually control each character. Amounts to little more than a group of bots with a human at the helm. Has never been allowed but Blizzard historically looked the other way, and should be disallowed and actively banned in Classic.
04/17/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Hankscorpio
And it's impossible to multi-box without software.. So not sure what your point is. You're proving my point pretty much.

That was my intent. Allow me to clarify:

Multi-boxing: one player playing multiple accounts at the same time, usually on the same computer. Player still has to click inside each client and manually give any commands to the character. Was allowed, is allowed, and should continue to be allowed.

Multi-'botting': one player playing multiple accounts at the same time, on a single computer or network of computers, while leveraging software that sends commands to the different clients, bypassing the need to manually control each character. Amounts to little more than a group of bots with a human at the helm. Has never been allowed but Blizzard historically looked the other way, and should be disallowed and actively banned in Classic.

It's not about it being morally correct since it's not considered cheating. Which actually it kind of is since you're getting an unfair advantage over players since you paid more money. I literally don't know why you posted the difference between the two.. I know multi-boxing isn't botting.

The moral of the story is it creates nothing but negative experiences for the player base that experience it only for the person that is doing it to enjoy it. Why does Blizzard choose to let a player neglect a larger portion of the player base solely because they choose to spend more money?

And it's not only that, it literally causes widespread server lag and crashes.. Which I've said a million times. Like honestly, at this point I'm assuming anyone that's trying to defend this is going to multi-box in classic at this point.

Literally hurts no one besides multi-boxers if they choose to make this unallowed.. How are people trying to refute something that'll most likely impact them negatively??
One benefit of classic here is that methods for exploiting multiboxes are limited. Mining/herbalism nodes are only good for one character, loot is only good for one character, and needing a raid group to tag stuff with more than 5 characters makes leveling in ridiculous amounts harder. It's not good for very much other than having a pocket enchanter or sheer spectacle.

PvP is another story, though. Playing against 1 person controlling 2 characters is grade-A nonsense.

I wouldn't object to multiboxing being banned. Using 1 keystroke to control multiple game clients has always sounded like a flagrant violation of rules regarding assistance through third-party programs, and allowing it is questionable.
04/17/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Floissais

The irony here, folks, is that spamming the forums is against Blizzard policy.

That's literally not irony... I can't tell if you're trolling or you literally just don't know what you're talking about.

There's no irony since.. Multi-boxing isn't against the ToS... Yet. Technically.. And that was an obvious hyperbole, do you know what that means? Like what you said literally made no sense to the point to where I doubted if I knew what you were talking about??? Do you understand that? LOL.

I love how you keep calling into question the intelligence of those that disagree with you. Almost like you don't have a leg to stand on.

Oh, wait...

Multi-boxing isn't automated.. Which is why it isn't against the ToS

...you don't.
04/17/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Floissais
04/17/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Hankscorpio

Okay, so you think it should be allowed because you pay. But what about the players that pay for a solo experience? So because you paid more money you can negatively impact the entire zone or tons and tons of players?

And it's impossible to multi-box without software.. So not sure what your point is, but you're proving my point pretty much so thanks lol. And it technically isn't a bot.. Which is also why it's not against the ToS currently.

And yes it should 100% be bannable. Do people think multi-boxers are only going to WPVP?

No they'll run bgs, ninja dungeons, and they'll mess up server economy via multi-boxing farm spots.

Do you think you'll be able to farm Devilsaur Leather on your high pop server? No, an intelligent multi-boxer will be camping all Devilsaurs lmao.

1 40 man raid vs multi-boxer 40 man raid isn't enough since the 1 40 man raid of different people aren't synergized enough...

Cap multi-boxing to 2 characters and just start calling it dual-boxing ba dum tiss. 2 seems like an amount that is easily manageable. 3 even.. It literally makes no sense as to why multi-boxing is allowed other than they simply haven't updated their TOS. yet which maybe they plan to change it a lot for classic or.. Money. Probably #2.

Thanks for your post

It's called a key cloner. No it's not botting. A single player making the decisions. Blizz has gone over this.

Blizz broke follow in modern bg's. They will probably do the same with classic.
So you're fear mongering about something we don't even have details on yet and you don't even understand.
Wonder why retail isn't completely flooded with MB's? I mean you can farm gold to pay for your sub.
I'd think that since you can put in the effort and have free game time more would be trying it.

If someone wants to spend $7200 a year to play a game. Let them.
Rally your community and take them out. Its that simple.

Maybe you will have better luck with this troll i mean issue in GD?
the players that pay for a solo experience?

lol?

LOL?

04/17/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Floissais
Like what you said literally made no sense to the point to where I doubted if I knew what you were talking about??? Do you understand that? LOL.

LOL

04/17/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Floissais
I know multi-boxing isn't botting.

going back on your words?

The moral of the story is it creates nothing but negative experiences for the player base that experience it only for the person that is doing it to enjoy it.

LOL

And it's not only that, it literally causes widespread server lag and crashes..

hahah so false.

Literally hurts no one besides multi-boxers if they choose to make this unallowed..

Literally hurts no one besides druids if they choose to delete that class.
great argument see?

How are people trying to refute something that'll most likely impact them negatively??

alot of things impact some one else negativly, soem one playing the ah impacts others, etc etc etc.

All your arguments are base less and emotional. Seen from your perspective only, LOL xD
They won't prevent it.
But good news, with how long it takes to lvl I doubt you will have to worry about 40 boxers
Just like that rp nerd prepared for example.
Well I take that back he would probably do it, let's hope I don't play his server.
I've been playing on and off for ten years. I have yet to be negatively affected by multi-boxers, nor do I know anyone who has. As for the supposed lag, I have not had any, and the computers I have used are far from top of the line.
Multiboxing itself is fine.
The only problem I have is when the server crashes or gets all laggy when a 40 boxer is in the area.
Quite honestly, this is a server issue and not a multiboxer issue....
Multiboxing is extremely scummy and the reason you didn't see much of it during classic was because it would have been hard on your computer. Now, a modest system can probably have 20+ classic boxes no problem. The last thing I want to see is a WPL cauldron farm being dominated by 1 player who can hyperspawn the mobs by themselves.

Make it a bannable offense and make them purchase the game again if they are banned, ban that credit card, anything really. Multiboxing is against the entire spirit of the game and is just as harmful as botting, changing game files or using scripts. Yes, it is something that isn't against the rules 'yet'. 'Yet' being the key word. As soon as you have to multibox to be competitive the game is officially trash tier.
04/18/2018 04:44 AMPosted by Verbatim

Make it a bannable offense and make them purchase the game again if they are banned, ban that credit card, anything really. Multiboxing is against the entire spirit of the game and is just as harmful as botting, changing game files or using scripts. Yes, it is something that isn't against the rules 'yet'. 'Yet' being the key word. As soon as you have to multibox to be competitive the game is officially trash tier.

Nah.
04/18/2018 03:26 AMPosted by Gearbreaker
They won't prevent it.
But good news, with how long it takes to lvl I doubt you will have to worry about 40 boxers
Just like that rp nerd prepared for example.
Well I take that back he would probably do it, let's hope I don't play his server.

Most of these people in favor of multi-boxing never had to suffer the shenanigans of the player “Prepared”. He made zones unplayable with his 40+ accounts and twitch followers, and that adversely impacted other players.

How that is even fair to the other players on that server is beyond me. I lost a lot of respect for Blizzard after watching him in action.

You want to run a couple of toons, that’s fine. You want to assemble a single-player controlled raid that makes a zone unplayable, that’s not ok.

One player should not be allowed to create that type of impact on the gaming experience of others.