Shout out to the new MVP's

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 14 Next

And I will continue to voice my opinions as well until a CM bans me if they feel it is necessary, that is their call, not yours.

Do so, it's not like I've asked for you to be banned but instead to have an actual decent discussion instead of slinging filth to help your supposed argument.
04/20/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Electra
You are fortunate, indeed. He's famous here, and not for good. His alignment runs more chaotic neutral with a strong emphasis on chaotic. If he's not stirring the pot, he's not doing his job.

And yet everything I have done was to prevent this situation from transpiring. I simply put the cart before the horse and argued against a situation before it arose, so it was taken as "pot stirring" instead of trying to prevent a problem. My primary concern with the program was the appointment of someone(s) so deeply committed to Blizz that it threw the entire program's credibility into question. To put it mildly, that has now come to pass.

My alignment is Neutral Good, btw.
04/20/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Bertane
04/20/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Talbyy

I don't spend much time in GD and honestly have never heard of the guy until now. 404'ing the thread probably wont matter since this just seems to be the way he acts and he doesn't seem like the type to only look for material in one place anyway, lol.

To be honest, more people just need to understand that we're all from different backgrounds and we're here to help - not just new players, but everyone. Either by answering questions, providing insight, or just promoting discussion. I am a moderator in discord, among a few other things, so to say that the "MVP program is going off course" because of whatever someone may think that implies is just reaching for something to complain about.

Really, you are that much of a white knight to think people don't have anything in this game to complain about ? That seems to be rather dismissive of people's concerns.

We have never had such unprofessional MvPs for awhile now on General Discussion.

Not at all, I know first hand how much there is to complain about about when it comes to the current state of the game and this expansion as a whole. In any event, I have little desire to go back and forth with you - I only popped in out of interest in the topic being discussed.
To those in the LFR community, I do not defend my actions taken inside of LFR and fully admit fault. I understand that it lessens the experience for others and am truly and deeply sorry for my actions.

I appreciate your words but it does beg one question, and this is not an attack on you but an honest response

Why did you do it in the first place?

i am not the best player , never have been never will be. But any instance, any LFR, any raid, if I dont top the dps meters or dont execute everything perfectly..it has never..NEVER been for lack of trying.

My damned hands wont let me do keybinds, having limited eyesight does slow me down somewhat and yes i do click and use some number keys, but since I started playing WOW, I have done all I could so pull my own weight.

I try and help others, use my abilities as best I can and do my level best to , if not the top dps etc..not make the game time of other players a waste.

I was also somewhat gobsmacked..sorry no I was HORRIFIED...to see you claim that LFR serves no purpose when we BOTH know thats absolutely an untruth. I was actually stunned to see an MVP jump on the "remove LFR" bandwagon.

LFR is now my endgame..that was my first current boss kill in an expac, Deathwing and let me tell you I was as excited as you were in a new raid when the final boss goes down. LFR made that happen...take that away from me...to what end?

So, one player to another. Person to person. No attitude, no condemnation, no recriminations.

Why?
"MVP program is going off course" because of whatever someone may think that implies is just reaching for something to complain about.

What if one happens to have legit things to complain about that keep getting swept under a rug and constantly not addressed? Then what? Where's the best place for that? Another conversation with a GM ''who is sorry for the inconvenience''?
04/20/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Sanslock
Then you should agree that Byucknah should be removed as an MVP for going against all the things that the mvp program was established for.

OK, I'm curious. What are these things?
@the LFR AFK shenanigans
while i certainly don't agree with AFKing in LFR, i understand the reasons for it and i think on its own that serves as valuable feedback. if this content is so mindnumbingly uninteresting to so many people, there's certainly a problem somewhere.

the way i see it, MVPs are basically being told not to post their opinions or feedback in any way lest someone disagree with it. they post that they don't contribute in LFR, they get jumped for being an inconsiderate player and "not being a proper role model" or whoever. they post the opposite, say they always try in LFR, they get jumped for being a Blizzard crony. you're not sending a message that way. you're telling them "stop doing things that don't meet my personal standards."

as long as they're posting in a way that contributes meaningfully to the discussion, and doesn't openly break any rules... i don't really see the purpose in starting a witch hunt over it.
04/20/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Anitharia
04/20/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Nixxea

You're right. It's not. However, it does seem a little questionable though, as deliberately not participating and leeching off the raid is kind of slimy, and probably not the sort of behavior you'd want to see someone in an MVP-like position publicly engaging in or admitting to. MVPs may only be a forum position, but you'd still hope they positively engage the community, both in game and out.

I'd rather him give his honest opinion than be someone who says only what Blizzard or the community wants to hear.

Honestly, people shouldn't be punished for giving their opinion either. I've seen quite a few people in this thread attack him just because he doesn't like LFR.

Its fine not to like LFR but what is NOT fine is to be a MVP and admit that what you do is frowned upon by the community.

Thats like if i were to be a MVP and admit to doing that in a mythic raid or m+ . Just because its content that i dont like to take part in ,doesnt mean i shouldnt still not have to pull my weight . Its NOT fair to the 19 others in there that ARE pulling their weight.

Now i can agree that the personal attacks on the guy is a bit much, but i am NOT too fond of him acting like such as he did.To me thats not how a MVP should be representing themselves on a social platform that they applied to to lead by EXAMPLE . Not only that but acting that way is really not constructive at all for anyone .

I mean of they want to do that on their own time so be it .But i felt like he didnt need to add that low key jab in there at all. He could have been constructive with it and kept it at he doesnt like LFR. It would have gotten his point on his opinion through enough ,but in a mature constructive matter. I think most of us that do LFR as our endgame ,would think more highly of blizzard when choosing such people the next time ,and to have this as a reminder that yes they can have their own opinion but still keep the low jabs or wrongful doings out of said opinions in the future.
04/20/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Aehl
To those in the LFR community, I do not defend my actions taken inside of LFR and fully admit fault. I understand that it lessens the experience for others and am truly and deeply sorry for my actions.

Metro

I appreciate your words but it does beg one question, and this is not an attack on you but an honest response

Why did you do it in the first place?

i am not the best player , never have been never will be. But any instance, any LFR, any raid, if I dont top the dps meters or dont execute everything perfectly..it has never ever been for lack of trying.

My damned hands wont let me do keybinds, having limited eyesight does slow me down somewhat and yes i do click and use some number keys, but since I started playing WOW, I have done all I could so pull my own weight.

I try and help others, use my abilities as best I can and do my level best to be, if not the top dps etc..to not make the game time of other players a waste.

I was also somewhat gobsmacked to see you claim that LFR servers no purpose when we BOTH know thats absolutely an untruth. I was actually stunned to see an MVP jump on the "remove LFR" bandwagon.

So, one player to another. Person to person.

Why?

It wasn't metro that apologized it was Byucknah....
He manned up to it.... and imo that is a positive thing.

Anyways...
04/20/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Electra
You're kinda bad at playing innocent though.

Oh I'm no angel. In fact I will admit to having pushed into "Chaotic" at times. Nobody is more cognizant of the trouble I've caused, especially early on. Not all of it was for the most altruistic of motives either.

Lately though, I just want to find a way for the CMs and Devs to engage us more. This rift we've got between us won't get fixed with only 1 side talking.
04/20/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Crepe
04/20/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Sanslock
Then you should agree that Byucknah should be removed as an MVP for going against all the things that the mvp program was established for.

OK, I'm curious. What are these things?

Before it was "to promote polite discussion." Now it seems to be there are no standards or expectations at all. Well, except the following.

04/20/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Ornyx
The only thing we task them with is being generally active so we can make sure there's enough of their presence to go around such that posts where people need help don't go unanswered.
This thread went from toxic to really toxic pretty fast.
I think the only thing that will actually help is to have the developers post with mods on the ready, to delete the jackhole posts that detract from a good discussion.

It would take a lot of work around here, to keep it clean. A lot.

It's something to suggest but not harp on. They'll do it or they won't.

Responding to Gigabear, quote failed.
This is relative. Having an opinion isn't mean spirited just because some people disagree with it.

Having an opinion is one thing. Bragging about leeching in team content is another.
He manned up to it.... and imo that is a positive thing.

I remember a raid back in MOP, and the raid leader called me out to pick up the dps..I replied sure wheres the kitchen sink and I'll throw that at him as well.

The raidleader laughed and said fair enough just see what you can do.

Im whats called an LFR hero..but I am proud of the fact that at least I TRY.
04/20/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Sunday
This is relative. Having an opinion isn't mean spirited just because some people disagree with it.

Having an opinion is one thing. Bragging about leeching in team content is another.

where did he brag?
I'll pipe in my 2 cents on Byucknah and this afk fiasco....

He did a unpleasant thing. He admitted he did an unpleasant thing. That makes him a person who did an unpleasant thing, not a bad person undeserving of any good in his gamer life. Up to and including MPV status. He got called on it. No one is going to rush into lfr and afk just because an MVP on the forums did it. Anyone doing it, already was.

He's brand new on the "job". Let it go.

That is my opinion and I'd kindly ask you not attack me like a rabid hyena for it.