Blacklisting is being removed

Battlegrounds
https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762238127?page=1

Large Battlegrounds
• To be named 'Epic Battlegrounds'
• There is a large difference between the gameplay in the larger battlegrounds and the rest. People used the blacklist to avoid some in the past.
• There will no longer be blacklisting, you either queue for the smaller battlegrounds or the larger ones.
• In the future the larger outdoor PvP zones could fit in the larger battleground queue, such as Wintergrasp!
But, but, my hatred for ToK & Seething Shore :(.
Yeah... I'm not liking the idea that I will have to play ToK again. I seriously dislike it.

The idea that Wintergrasp might be added to the large BG queue is tantalizing, though.
GG back to 24/7 temple yay.. oh god and strand again I want to kms now
I really really really hope they let random mean random again.
04/26/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Jdx

When random means ToK, ToK, ToK or ToK, randomness loses its luster.
I actually thought blacklisting was a popular thing that players were too ignorant to use....
I still think that a weighted system (so you didn't see effing SotA over and over) would be ideal.

/wave at least you got an answer about AV (sort of).
04/26/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Scylvendi
I actually thought blacklisting was a popular thing that players were too ignorant to use....
I still think that a weighted system (so you didn't see effing SotA over and over) would be ideal.

/wave at least you got an answer about AV (sort of).

My name IN LIGHTS! :D

I think this is a good change. It's been clear the effect of blacklisting on queue times and the game. Maybe we'll see CTA back later down the line?

I also think the same battlegrounds popping up over and over again is less likely if the entire pool is open to everyone again, rather than everyone being funneled into the ones that are blacklisted by the people who blacklist.
yeah... doubt that will happen
04/26/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Bynir

[quote]Large Battlegrounds
• There is a large difference between the gameplay in the larger battlegrounds and the rest. People used the blacklist to avoid some in the past.
• There will no longer be blacklisting, you either queue for the smaller battlegrounds or the larger ones.
• In the future the larger outdoor PvP zones could fit in the larger battleground queue, such as Wintergrasp!

and ashran is being reworked to be merged into that queue!
So Horde get to keep their blacklist (by virtue of not queuing for large BGs).

Alliance are left with the choice of doing the BGs they would have previously had on blacklist, or not really queuing for PvP cause the wait times for the big BGs will probably be longer then their available playtime?

Stirring the pot...
04/26/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Erigoras
04/26/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Bynir

[quote]Large Battlegrounds

and ashran is being reworked to be merged into that queue!

Hopefully the word "reworked" really means "reworked" because current trashcan is trashcan.
04/26/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Zarinfur

Alliance are left with the choice of doing the BGs they would have previously had on blacklist, or not really queuing for PvP cause the wait times for the big BGs will probably be longer then their available playtime?

Stirring the pot...

I can tell you that I personally like the larger BGs for varying reasons. I'll be queuing them up, and I run strictly Horde.
Blizzard please allow us to blacklist all Mists of Pandaria battlegrounds, there is clearly a bug that causes temple and mines to pop more often.
04/26/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Longos
Blizzard please allow us to blacklist all Mists of Pandaria battlegrounds, there is clearly a bug that causes temple and mines to pop more often.
yeah If I don't blacklist temple and another mop bg I always get them and even still if I block BFG I get silvershard 95% of the time even more then 40mans... and If I block silvershard I get bfg 95% of the time
04/26/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Zarinfur

Stirring the pot...

I agree with you. Alliance will probably be lucky to get into 2 bgs a day. This whole new system seriously seems to be handing the horde exactly what they want while giving Alliance the middle finger.
04/26/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Uunruk

When random means ToK, ToK, ToK or ToK, randomness loses its luster.

I got temple like 4 times in a row once, killed my mood to PvP

Or not once, I get temple pretty often and sometimes more than once in a row
04/26/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Longos

I don't think it is a bug, but if it is, it is something they just broke this xpac but haven't bothered to fix.
Can we change the system up so we don't lose out on all the bonus honor or whatever for deciding what kind of bgs we want to play? Maybe just front-load it into that 1st win? It feels punishing to play this way.

If i could queue only for AB and WSG with an odd AV thrown in every once and a while id be thrilled. I know the rando bg queue grants the bonus for being rando queue but it really sucks having to play bgs this way if you want to get honor levels when there are just 2 or 3 I only ever want to play.

I am in no way excited to have to go back into BFG or SSM >.<
Thank god for alts.