Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 112 113 114 126 Next
Horde could get Ogres, Forest Elves, or Undead (San'layn) Elves. San'layn would probably be a huge hit and make the most sense look wise to compete.

High Elves have basically been allied with Alliance races from the beginning of warcraft. The same could be said for Ogres for Horde.

I also thought it would be cool for Horde to get the muscular green forest trolls. I mean, if we're getting more elves, they might as well get more trolls. Right? Maybe? :P
04/24/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Pryde
EDIT: Forest Elves - I meant Forest Trolls. I have Elves on the brain >.> at least I admit it!

When I read Forest Elves, I read it as Forest Trolls... It wasn't until I quoted you that I realized it said Elves. haha
Playable Alliance High Elves please!

Just wanted to add my +1. I've loved High Elves through the WC series, including that WC3 campaign where you can possess a High Elven worker and make High Elf buildings... SQUEEE!

I get a little sigh every time I pass a High Elf in game (which happens way more often than you'd think, if you're paying attention).

I don't want to downplay the fantastic lore work that others have posted on this topic, but it seems pretty clear to me that Blizz will just make up (Void Elves), or retcon (am I the only one that remembers the great Draenei retcon?) whatever they want, so yeah... lore doesn't _reaaaaalllllly_ matter at the end of the day. Even though there is admittedly plenty of it supporting High Elves.

If the Horde player base is so worried about Blood Elf players abandoning the horde (which is completely specious IMO.. <sarcasm> "sure, let me abandon all my friends and guild for a change of eye colour".. um NO).... then the simple balancing solution is more "human" looking forsaken, like Nathanos.

Humans are the most populous Alliance race, give the Horde more "human" looking forsaken.

Blood Elves are the most populous Horde race, give the Alliance the High Elves we've always asked for.

High Elves, check. Faction balance, check. Seems fair to me.
04/24/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Pryde
Ogres and High Elves should definitely be playable, as should races like Forest Trolls, Wildhammer Dwarves, Undead Elves, Broken, etc. When you start going into the more "neutral" type races, Ethereal, Naga, Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles, then yeah, feelings are going to get hurt (like Nightborne going Horde). Plus some probably should just stay as NPCs.

I'm all for classics races that always been there in the alliance and horde than those neutral NPC races to be playable. People keep asking for something unique, be the reality is, the small part of the population will really like those "unique" things and maybe play them as a main character.

Those classic race that you quote would be more popular, even if they look just a reskin, because the fantasy and nostalgia sells.

After this classic races made in to the game, I'm ready for unique stuff and new races, the moment to add the classics races is now and I hope blizz do that.

(my opnion, I'm not speaking for anyway here).
04/24/2018 06:14 AMPosted by Serket
EDIT: Forest Elves - I meant Forest Trolls. I have Elves on the brain >.> at least I admit it!

When I read Forest Elves, I read it as Forest Trolls... It wasn't until I quoted you that I realized it said Elves. haha
Yeah, when I think of "Forest" races I think of Trolls and Elves. Oops! ;)

04/24/2018 06:17 AMPosted by Galärad
04/24/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Pryde
Ogres and High Elves should definitely be playable, as should races like Forest Trolls, Wildhammer Dwarves, Undead Elves, Broken, etc. When you start going into the more "neutral" type races, Ethereal, Naga, Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles, then yeah, feelings are going to get hurt (like Nightborne going Horde). Plus some probably should just stay as NPCs.

I'm all for classics races that always been there in the alliance and horde than those neutral NPC races to be playable. People keep asking for something unique, be the reality is, the small part of the population will really like those "unique" things and maybe play them as a main character.

Those classic race that you quote would be more popular, even if they look just a reskin, because the fantasy and nostalgia sells.

After this classic races made in to the game, I'm ready for unique stuff and new races, the moment to add the classics races is now and I hope blizz do that.

(my opnion, I'm not speaking for anyway here).
I agree with you, and really hope Blizzard focuses on "fan favorites" over anything else they may have in mind.

That's not to say I don't see a place in the game someday for "neutral" type races... I just think the Allied Race system should be used to implement races that many have wanted over the years but probably wouldn't have "made sense" in a traditional "new race" system.
TLDR version:

Humans are the most populous Alliance race. Blood Elves are the most populous Horde race. "Trade" the two of them to ensure fairness for High Elves.

+ High Elves for Alliance.

Counter this with:

+ More human (prettier) looking Forsaken for Horde (aka like Nathanos).
04/24/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Pryde
04/24/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Avers
If Blizzard had no intention of making the High Elves a Allied Race, then they ought to have not used High Elves so predominately in the various Alliance campaigns.

Void Elves smack of "New Lore" - their relevance is to come, as I'm sure the Horde will discover the Zandalari (Through their connection to the Mogu) have quite a lot of knowledge on the power of the Void as well. Or heck, give the Horde Mogu as an allied race - it's not like either branch of Pandaren has done anything for their respective faction, and since the Houjin are from the Wandering Isle they likely don't have the same kind of aversion to the Mogu as mainland Pandaren would.

But I got off on a tangent there...

Void Elves and High Elves don't need to be mutually exclusive.

As for the idea that High Elves will somehow rob the Horde of a portion of their population...Horde are getting playable Dinosaurs. Playable. Dinosaurs.

The Horde will be fine.
Zandalari may also get Paladins, which would be huge. Oh and Horde may get Vulpera. And they are getting golden-eyes for Blood Elves. And Mag'har Orcs... and straight back Orcs...

Please, all that is nothing against the 'very small vocal minority' of High Elf fans that can annihilate the Horde population.
04/24/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Ceruleaf
TLDR version:

Humans are the most populous Alliance race. Blood Elves are the most populous Horde race. "Trade" the two of them to ensure fairness for High Elves.

Counter this with:

The "Nathanos" Forsaken would be a great addition to the Horde (I personally rather San'layn be added). Definitely makes sense in the way you lay it out.
Yo dawg, I heard you like elves so I put an elf on the shelf in your blood elves house that he bought from his high elf friend who went to the alliance to hang out with the void elves
I won't debate which site is more accurate, but from what I remember hearing is that the warcraftrealms.com one has never really been very accurate. But no matter.

Realmpop lists a combined 14,412,784 characters at level 110.

Warcraftrealms lists a combined 710,879 characters at level 110.

I'll leave everyone to draw their own conclusions >.>
04/24/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Pryde
04/24/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Ceruleaf
TLDR version:

Counter this with:

The "Nathanos" Forsaken would be a great addition to the Horde (I personally rather San'layn be added). Definitely makes sense in the way you lay it out.
I personally wouldn't mind Horde getting more preserved undead, but idk if Blizz would give them a reskinned human. Humans are the main Alliance race. Them and the orc models will probably remain faction exclusive.
04/24/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Nindraine
I won't debate which site is more accurate, but from what I remember hearing is that the warcraftrealms.com one has never really been very accurate. But no matter.

This may be past information, but I think with warcraftrealms you had to use a mod or something and upload it to them? I can't remember but they used to say "There are too few x (faction) uploaded. Please help us get more data." Something like that.
04/24/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Stëphanie
04/24/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Pryde
...The "Nathanos" Forsaken would be a great addition to the Horde (I personally rather San'layn be added). Definitely makes sense in the way you lay it out.
I personally wouldn't mind Horde getting more preserved undead, but idk if Blizz would give them a reskinned human. Humans are the main Alliance race. Them and the orc models will probably remain faction exclusive.
I see your point as well, but I wouldn't care. They'd make much more sense then Orcs on the Alliance at least lol
04/24/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Pryde

This may be past information, but I think with warcraftrealms you had to use a mod or something and upload it to them? I can't remember but they used to say "There are too few x (faction) uploaded. Please help us get more data." Something like that.

Yeah, having looked at it it looks like it's based on information gathered via an addon. So information is only collected and added to the census data based on players that a player carrying the addon has encountered, whereas Realmpop uses a combination of AH and guild data.
04/24/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Pryde

Realmpop is far more accurate. From what I understand, they register anyone who’s used the auction house, or anyone who’s in a guild with someone who’s used the auction house. Which, to me, means that their scores on Level 110’s are the most accurate. Because really by end game, who isn’t already in a guild of some sort? And if you’re in a guild, then what’re the odds that not a single member of that guild isn’t using the auction house?
So I saw on the NO thread that they're saying someone accused them of being Russian bots. I sifted through the previous capped thread and couldn't actually find the source of this allegation. Can anyone clue me in on what this is about? Was there someone legitimately accusing WoW players of being Russian Bots? Was it some sockpuppet account that doesn't actually bear any thought? Or is it something they're making up completely? Because that seems absolutely ridiculous.
04/24/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Phynneus
So I saw on the NO thread that they're saying someone accused them of being Russian bots. I sifted through the previous capped thread and couldn't actually find the source of this allegation. Can anyone clue me in on what this is about? Was there someone legitimately accusing WoW players of being Russian Bots? Was it some sockpuppet account that doesn't actually bear any thought? Or is it something they're making up completely? Because that seems absolutely ridiculous.
I have only skimmed those threads a couple of times, so I wouldn't be the best to tell you if that was accurate or not lol... sounds ridiculous in so many ways.

I definitely don't think they are "Russian bots". They are just players, like us, that have an opinion. But... weird.
I agree, I read that on their new thread and wanted to see it for myself but I can't find it. IF it's true, it's ridiculous. If it isn't true, then that's doubly so and reaching pretty hard for their stance.
I’ve been trying to do my best to keep up with the discussion, and nope, I haven’t seen any mention of “Russian bots” or anything of the sort. So yeah, whoever said that is basically just making stuff up.
Guys so the high elf thing is kinda ruining wow for me. Let me explain. My main is a paladin. And I love the idea if a high elf paladins. I've race changed to belf before and it's not the same. I don't like to be horde. So now with the theory that we could getting elves that's all I want. I can't get odd the forums hoping for an official update. My time on wow is spend wishing I was a high elf now and I find the game less enjoyable. Save me from myself.