Affliction Warlock Feedback

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 68 69 70 84 Next
Blizzard:

The Warlock Affliction DoT sound effects stink. You can't tell what you are casting, they all sound the same.

Agony: please bring this SFX back, it was unique, distinctive, important.
Corruption: Give it something unique?
UA: Give it something unique?
Haunt: Make this unique too?

We should be able to differentiate between the DoTs we cast, the sounds should add to the immersion of the class and playing the game.

Currently, they all sound the same, can't tell them apart.

I sincerely miss my Agony SFX, it's been the same distinctive sound since 2004.

I'm sad you changed these for the worst, I pray you change Agony back, and improve the others.
09/08/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Atomh
Blizzard:

The Warlock Affliction DoT sound effects stink. You can't tell what you are casting, they all sound the same.

Agony: please bring this SFX back, it was unique, distinctive, important.
Corruption: Give it something unique?
UA: Give it something unique?
Haunt: Make this unique too?

We should be able to differentiate between the DoTs we cast, the sounds should add to the immersion of the class and playing the game.

Currently, they all sound the same, can't tell them apart.

I sincerely miss my Agony SFX, it's been the same distinctive sound since 2004.

I'm sad you changed these for the worst, I pray you change Agony back, and improve the others.

Yeah, the sounds are kind of weird. The old ones were... old... but I think they had more personality than the updated ones do.

Got so used to those sounds over the years that I definitely miss them.
I sure wish Affliction PVP could be more than being a glass cannon with strong healing, which is what it has been since Legion.

If you don't know what I mean, the only thing making Affliction viable is a gimmick. Warlocks are stacking the Inevitable Demise trait, making Drain Life do absurd levels of damage and healing once it stacks up to 100.

That and Deathbolt damage, I guess.

So once that inevitably (no pun intended) gets nerfed, what will Affliction be?

Warlocks have been leaving feedback about Soul Link and Affliction defense in PVP going back several years now with no acknowledgement or inclination that anything positive is going to be changed. Is it time to address these concerns, or is this just going to be another expansion of gimmicks in PVP?
Looks like DB took a massive nerf this morning in the hotfixes, it no longer synergizes with darkglare as well.

Blizz... are you intent on making Affliction un-playable? You're removing anything that makes us even minorly competitive. Personally I'd love to see you buff DS to be competitive as that's the play style I prefer but if I can't even compete on meters at all I'll have to switch classes.
09/13/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Jessail
Looks like DB took a massive nerf this morning in the hotfixes, it no longer synergizes with darkglare as well.

Blizz... are you intent on making Affliction un-playable? You're removing anything that makes us even minorly competitive. Personally I'd love to see you buff DS to be competitive as that's the play style I prefer but if I can't even compete on meters at all I'll have to switch classes.

I just hope they have some real plans for the spec.

That Deathbolt opener was a niche for the spec, but thinking about the long-term health of Affliction it probably was a necessary change.

However, it makes the spec feel even more of a mess. Too many things that don’t synergize with each other, and far too many dead talents right now.

This is precisely the problem with having too many damage talents. Most of them end up being unused because they don’t compete. It’s not just an Affliction issue, of course, other specs have the same problem.
09/13/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Xojae
I just hope they have some real plans for the spec.

I hope so because right now it's an absolute garbage mess. I hate being forced into taking deathbolt because it was literally the only way to be competitive on the meters. With this nerf I'm not even sure that's still the case. I'm not sure what's going on with Blizz that they launched an expansion with specs in this bad of shape across the board. I'm really worried we'll get overlooked because we're moderately playable while shadow priests/Feral Druids/Ele shamy are absolutely garbage.

Honestly it feels like the person managing specs right now is completely overwhelmed and unable to deal with the onslaught of horrible. They have my condolences. But these changes just don't make sense at all given the current state of things.
I pretty much agree. This expansion felt very rushed, especially class development (if you can call it that). Been thinking about it and I have no doubt that the people working on classes were rushed along by a deadline, and the testing period was not long enough to really get feedback addressed.

I’m just hoping they realize a lot of specs need help and not just Shadow Priests or Elemental Shaman.
After playing Affliction these past couple weeks,

how do people not complain about Absolute Corruption more?

It absolutely kills the rotation and probably presents huge balancing issues for Corruption's baseline damage.

I want that talent to die in a fire.
09/13/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Dzdz

It absolutely kills the rotation and probably presents huge balancing issues for Corruption's baseline damage.

I talked about it a bit I think, it’s a shoe-in talent right now for sure but if you look at Affliction in general the spec is probably more cookie-cutter than it ever has been because of talents like AC and Deathbolt.

This is yet another reason I think Aff needs a massive overhaul/rework.
09/13/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Dzdz

The only reason I take AC is due to GCD and Haste. By not having to worry about spending GCDs on refreshing Corruption I can better focus on other parts of the rotation.

Not that it is a well designed talent, but it’s a bandaid fix for the GCD/Haste changed IMO.

But after the Deathbolt nerf, Blizz HAS to be planning a redesign.
I like AC because it helps on AOE, otherwise I'm absolute garbage on any sort of AOE trash pull. But honestly it could be solved by just giving corruption a long duration instead as much as I hate to admit it. I hate the fact that it's on the same row as SL however, I really liked having that as part of my rotation in legion.
Warlocks are SO GOOD at PvP, am I rite?

In memory of Maldiva, the one and only Affliction Warlock at the tournament.

#Rest In Paper

Clip with full fight + post comments: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/310514575?t=59m42s

If you want just the meme: https://clips.twitch.tv/DeafHeartlessMallardKippa

After watching more of the post fight comments, it's actually disgusting. See their comments, Rich is clearly pissed at the state of our class, Ziqo said he likes to laugh at Warlocks and Venruki said Maldiva was "brave" to play a Lock...

So this is what we became, a joke. WTF Blizzard?

SAVE THIS LINK, when Blizzard comes with the usual "Herp your feedback was not constructive, please provide a detailed dissertation as we can't bother to playtest our own game".
09/16/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Mallunoth
Warlocks are SO GOOD at PvP, am I rite?

#Rest In Paper

Clip with full fight + post comments: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/310514575?t=59m42s

After watching more of the post fight comments, it's actually disgusting. See their comments, Rich is clearly pissed at the state of our class, Ziqo said he likes to laugh at Warlocks and Venruki said Maldiva was "brave" to play a Lock...

So this is what we became, a joke. WTF Blizzard?

SAVE THIS LINK, when Blizzard comes with the usual "Herp your feedback was not constructive, please provide a detailed dissertation as we can't bother to playtest our own game".

With pruning around every corner, it was obvious to me that eventually Warlocks would just be screwed in PVP.

It is a real shame to me that the class developers do not see the problems they are creating by continuously removing and replacing and by butchering utility talents in favor of adding simple rotational choices.
Since we’re nearing PTR for 8.1, I have just a few questions.

Is the level 15 row being evaluated? Right now Deathbolt is the shoe-in option by far. Still wondering why Nightfall has to be a talent. Drain Soul is underwhelming.

Is UA stacking still up for debate?

And finally...

Are there any PVP changes in the works for Warlocks? This isn’t necessarily an Affliction question, but Warlock is pretty much a dead class in any meaningful PVP setting right now. Feedback about Warlock defense hasn’t been addressed for quite a long time.
not trying to shill my own garbage gameplay (I played this like !@#$)
https://youtu.be/ZCsjcl7LCPs?t=41s
this is what affliction PvP should look like, not some laser spitting completely useless glass canon that can never get off the ground, but some crackhead rolling dots on the entire enemy team the whole match, popping trinkets literally to keep dispel protection uptime, well, up.
That was our roll, hyper mobile dispel protection, not this stupid UA stacking nonsense.
Also remove tank trinkets, they force you to PvE and that is cancer.
Give vendors plox

Now you're just used as a tennis ball by melee with no outs, no passive defensives, no survivability, no reason to keep a sub.
it's not fun to be such unplayable trash and have your main tool, dispel protection, totally removed.
If it's not fun, why bother?
I really think the developers do not give a flying !@#$ about this class. Like I can't compete in arena and even the sportscasters are mocking Warlock. So %^-* you blizzard for stealth nerfing a class that was minorly competitive (if your targeted you die) to complete garbage.
09/18/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Dramonic
I really think the developers do not give a flying !@#$ about this class. Like I can't compete in arena and even the sportscasters are mocking Warlock. So %^-* you blizzard for stealth nerfing a class that was minorly competitive (if your targeted you die) to complete garbage.

I'm just gonna remain unsubbed and play fallout 4, purge the wasteland and when i get bored i'll install that one good MoP server and play warlock specs that were fun.
Bump
WTB a slow , Curse of exhaustion , shadow flame , or something to keep melee of me longer than the distance of my port.

You know your game is in a rough patch when every DPS in your PvP tournament is using a PvE tank trinket, and your hired announcers are meme'ing about how bad certain classes are.