Affliction Warlock Feedback

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 82 83 84 Next
Good news guys , Dark pact no longer has a range lol .
11/14/2018 02:42 AMPosted by Diora

This is ground breaking, a real game changer. I’m super excited.

Thank goodness. Outranging my own current HP was getting old.

Completely non-viable talent will now be god tier.
11/14/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Xoja

Thank goodness. Outranging my own current HP was getting old.

Completely non-viable talent will now be god tier.

All warlocks 3s team. Unbeatable with our new dark pact. Unstoppable. Thanks blizzard, you’re really helping us out 8.1. Now since dark pact is so OP, I’ve completely forgotten about things like: instant shadow fury, baseline ports, howl of terror, curse of exhaustion, a functional siphon life, dots that actually do damage and you know, all the stuff we actually need to be viable.
Lol....they will nerf our damage because they increased the range on dark pact and we cant let warlocks be this much op
Its almost like they are purposely trolling us with stuff like this lol
"NO King lives for ever" or for more then 5 seconds in rated PVP -
Except now I have GOD TIER - DARK PACT with unlimited range :)
A little off topic here but I don’t think Blizz allocates development resources to this game like they used to.

There was a time we had a dev that was dedicated to the Warlock class that took feedback and interacted with Warlocks that played the game.

Now the specs are split up between devs. Don’t even know who works on Destro but it seems that Seph works on Affliction and Nimox works on Demo, or at least they are the ones posting about them.

And yet, despite this, Warlock specializations feel very homogenized in terms of damage mechanics (build and spend).

Class development seems very stagnant. Communication is very low considering the community response to class design. Classes seem to be in maintenance mode because artifact designs are more important.

The passion seems to be gone. Some of the players seem more passionate about class design than the developers do.
11/14/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Xoja
And yet, despite this, Warlock specializations feel very homogenized in terms of damage mechanics (build and spend).

That pretty much describes almost all DPS specs except for mages now.
11/14/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Jessail
11/14/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Xoja

That pretty much describes almost all DPS specs

I know. But I’m just pointing it out about Warlocks.
And sadly, looking at stock dip it's obvious they are not going to bring more devs, rather on the opposite i think.
However, I would suggest to approach this top down, as the cost saving/profitability increase would be sensible starting with Ion :).
Next blizzcon we are going mobile bois! Our top devs were moved to mobile platform, dont you have phones? wow mobile!
11/14/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Ojoverde
Next blizzcon we are going mobile bois! Our top devs were moved to mobile platform, dont you have phones? wow mobile!

Except Locks because we have no mobility. BTW I got loads of free salt. Anyone?
11/14/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Ojoverde
Lol....they will nerf our damage because they increased the range on dark pact and we cant let warlocks be this much op

Good, affliction needs to be nerf'd into the ground for an entire expansion.
11/15/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Punschkrapfn
Good, affliction needs to be nerf'd into the ground for an entire expansion

We had all of vanilla, BC, a good chunk of Lich king, and most of Cata for that. So pardon us if we try to do well (even after having been nerfed into the ground again). In this xpac.
Affliction was never bad. It just wasn't top always.
11/15/2018 07:07 AMPosted by Punschkrapfn
Affliction was never bad. It just wasn't top always.

You must not have played warlock in classic. Our DOTs were banned in raids due to the debuff limit (we were in raids for Curse of Elements only). Affliction wasn't viable because it didn't buff shadowbolt damage at all. So the primary build was about half way into destro with tiny buffs from affliction and Demonology for survivability. This was actually pretty much the case mostly up until lich king when damage on the go actually started to matter for Naxx, ICC, and Ulduar. Honestly destro was king in cata and lich king due to it's ability to put a lot more damage quickly and then throttle as to not pull aggro.
If you think they were nerfed into the ground this xpac, I seriously doubt you know what entails a proper nerf. Again they were always fine or great, not top, you're complaining about vanilla? Ret says hi. Locks want all this utility, thats great, bring them down to very middle or slightly lower middle of the pack like other ranged with lots of utility. Representation of locks/hunters and now demon hunters in every expansion, even with the dips and rises, is telling of how good they always were.
Aff is no where near nerfed to the ground in a pure DPS sense in this expac for raids or ST in mythic plus-
BUT playstyle and PVP - we are 6 feet below the ground as a spec - :
This thread isn’t about Ret, Hunters, Demon Hunters or representation of any classes. It is about Affliction gameplay - talents, honor talents, spellbook, etc. and is not limited to PVE logs.