BFA is looking to be the end of WOW

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
WoW I do personally believe has hit the point where it is VERY difficult for it to outdo itself every expansion. I do think it is on the downward slide and pretty much nothing can stop it. How long that slide takes is the only question. It might have a few more expansions in it before it becomes unprofitable.

For me though I no longer believe I will be playing the game when it finally ends. The ONLY thing in BFA I find interesting is void elves and they have made leveling so miserable now I am having a hard time convincing myself to do it. Blizzard has systematically destroyed my own playing style over the last 2 expansions and it will be gone in BFA. If I wanted to play a Chinese Grindfest of an MMO I would be playing one not WoW. I think MY time in WoW is fast coming to a close. I will play until my prepaid time is done and then make a final decision.
04/06/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Mauykai
The power creep in Legion is stupid.

To be fair, Blizzard has said at least twice in my memory that they understand the power creep got out of hand, and they're going to address it next expansion.

NEXT TIME!
You do know that subs have NEVER dropped as low as 1mill for WoW right? Even with the !@#$show of WoD they didn't drop below 3.5 mill....... This is most likely a trollololol post but still... This is just stupid XD
LUL whew lord dude is just wrong from the start. Subs dropped to 5M during WoD.
04/06/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Metôx
04/06/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Mauykai
The power creep in Legion is stupid.

To be fair, Blizzard has said at least twice in my memory that they understand the power creep got out of hand, and they're going to address it next expansion.

NEXT TIME!

power creep in each expansion is fine, 2 year old content doesn't have to be hard anymore...if you want a challenge do current content, never understood this complaint
How are you coming up with your future sub numbers? If you can accurately predict the future based on an alpha build of a game, you're talents are wasted on these forums. People have been predicting the demise of WoW for over 10 years. It will come some day, all things end, but there is no way to know if BfA will be it or not.
It's hard to take anything the OP says seriously.

To the OP, where are you getting your sub numbers? What parameters are you using for the sub projections? How do you know the CEO's monthly income? (Not that it's important, but it further speaks to your credibility). Exaggerations are not conducive to sound arguments.

Additionally, which part of BFA is going to be bad? Is it the unfinished storyline? Is it all the dungeons that we don't have access to right now? Perhaps it's the terrible raiding that is currently available for testing (spoilers: there aren't any raids for testing)? Maybe it's the allied races that we have yet to try out? Perhaps it's the one piece of Azerite Armor we have tested (this week, mind you)?

You appear to have all of this data about past, present, and (remarkably) future subscription numbers, in addition to a CEO's monthly income.... so it shouldn't be too much of a task for you to describe -- in detail -- which unfinished aspect of the game is going to fail.
There is no way there are 10million players in this game.
Subs will rise at the start of the expansion for sure, then it all depends on how things turn out. If content comes out like it did with Legion all should be well.
04/05/2018 09:14 PMPosted by Kolvar
WOD subscriptions went from 7+ mil down to 1mil. Legion it went back to over 10 Mil.

citation needed. Preferably one that isn't a body part.
I know we are only in Alpha (but only 4 months from release), but unless Blizzard is hiding A LOT (with 4 months to go), this will be the end of WOW. WOD subscriptions went from 7+ mil down to 1mil. Legion it went back to over 10 Mil. BFA, as we see now in Alpha, will bring subscriptions to under 200K by end of 2018.

That's the bad news. The good news by destroying WOW Bliz is left with no choice but to announce the release of World of Diablo (currently rumored to be in development). FINALLY.

[edited for breaking the code of conduct: https://battle.net/community/conduct]

None of your numbers are even close to correct, and the ones post WOD are impossible to verify. These sky is falling posts are getting old. Wow isn't going anywhere. It could shed 75% of its player base and STILL be the largest mmo on the market.

I also find it amusing that your post was edited with a community conduct link that doesn't actually go anywhere.
I know we are only in Alpha (but only 4 months from release), but unless Blizzard is hiding A LOT (with 4 months to go), this will be the end of WOW. WOD subscriptions went from 7+ mil down to 1mil. Legion it went back to over 10 Mil. BFA, as we see now in Alpha, will bring subscriptions to under 200K by end of 2018.

That's the bad news. The good news by destroying WOW Bliz is left with no choice but to announce the release of World of Diablo (currently rumored to be in development). FINALLY.

This post is really dumb.

Link your source for numbers or you are just grasping at straws.
Guys guys, I found a post it on the floor at the bank with the number 34 written on it.

Must mean WoW is down to 34 subs.
but unless Blizzard is hiding A LOT (with 4 months to go), this will be the end of WOW.
Yup, people have been saying this every xpack since BC

I HOPE BLIZZARD BAN YOU :D <3
According to forum users this game has been dying for 14 years ...
I been hearing this for some 10+ years.

Relax, WoW isn't going anywhere.

Besides you can't even imagine the $ they make on things other than subs. Like mounts, race changes, faction changes, mounts and the like...

WoW will likely never die out.
04/06/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Shokuo
WoW will likely never die out.

Once Everquest folds, then we can begin honest predictions lol

Blizzard releases one of the most content rich expansions in the last 10 years. They're able to reinvent aspects of the game like dungeon and zone content that'd previously be dropped a week or two after launch, but are now relevant the life of the expansion. Story, class content, patch content, unique events like Chromie and Lucid Nightmare, secrets all abound like no other expansion has done...

And the forum's response is: "WoW is done, the next one is clearly going to be trash"