Exodar/Silvermoon raid for 8.1 or 8.2?

Story Forum
Do you guys think this will happen?

With the Horde solidifying Kalimdor and the Alliance taking the Eastern Kingdoms, would seem odd that they'd allow the other factions to have pretty dangerous cities with Light super weapons(Vindicaar & Sunwell) in their backyards.

Or maybe the Vindicaar & Sunwell are enough of a deterrent to keep each faction from making the attempt?
I would love it, but I don't see it happening.

Making two different raids that only one faction can do is a lot of development time.

Then there is the wonder of the Vindicaar and Sunwell. What happens to the Isle of Quel'danas? I'm a fan of teleporting it but thats a big commitment and investment.
The Sunwell isn't a weapon, it's a resource. I've never seen any suggestion that it could be weaponized.

As for the Vindicaar, attacking the Exodar would do very little to stop it since it's not even there, it's in orbit.
04/06/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Celandia
The Sunwell isn't a weapon, it's a resource. I've never seen any suggestion that it could be weaponized.

As for the Vindicaar, attacking the Exodar would do very little to stop it since it's not even there, it's in orbit.

It can make a POWERFUL shield, similar to the one the Nightborne had. So it has a good use.
Horde players have saved Velen and the Exodar like 6 times. It would probably feel weird for them to attack it.

The exodar is said to be crippled for years and the draenei were working on the Vindicar during the time.
Draenei have a spaceship that invaded the Legion's homeworld. What's the Horde going to do against that the Legion couldn't?
04/06/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Lena
Draenei have a spaceship that invaded the Legion's homeworld. What's the Horde going to do against that the Legion couldn't?

Mana bomb? I mean it not like the horde don't have massive airships and lets be honest Story wise a Legion ship if it ever focused on it could have probably taken it down I'm guessing there was some dumb story thing people missed were it kept moving in order to stay off people radar.

Also.. A LOT of horde been on it, so there bound to know what it can do and as well it weaknesses.
04/06/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Lena

Probably send in a single goblin with cheese on his head that then blows up the entire spaceship all by his lonesome
04/06/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Kulzgal

The exodar is said to be crippled for years and the draenei were working on the Vindicar during the time.
Yes, and the Vindicaar is in orbit so attacking the Exodar would do absolutely nothing to hinder it.
04/06/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Celandia
Yes, and the Vindicaar is in orbit so attacking the Exodar would do absolutely nothing to hinder it.

It is not like they are the similar size, the Vindicar is way smaller and would not be able to fit the Exodar population.
I wonder how it even fits an army in the first place or if it is several times bigger in lore.
04/06/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Kulzgal
04/06/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Celandia

It is not like they are the similar size, the Vindicar is way smaller and would not be able to fit the Exodar population.
I wonder how it even fits an army in the first place or if it is several times bigger in lore.
I think we're arguing two different things. The original post was suggesting attacking the Exodar in order to deprive the Alliance of the Vindicaar, which I said would be pointless because the Vindicaar isn't at the Exodar.
If they were raids I'd imagine they'd be small raids like the Ruby Sanctum or Obsidian Sanctum back in Wrath. They can't really devote resources to make two full raids that are faction locked.

If Quel'Thalas and the Draenei Islands are attacked and taken by the Alliance/Horde respectively, the best we could probably hope for is some Scenarios.
considering 50% of the living horde characters are lorthemar and his buds, and the fact we just helped velen, i would rather not.
I don't think it's likely that they will ever be raids.

We'll be lucky if they become Warfronts.
If anything I could see Silvermoon and the Exodar used in scenarios. Perhaps each side seeks to assassinate key targets in order to prevent each side from receiving reinforcements or even try to pave the way for an invasion.
I could see them being relevant zones in a patch if only because you already can't fly there so they're perfect for a thunder isle style patch.
If we got a battle for Exodar/Silvermoon, I'd actually rather the defenders win.

We've already lost a city each to the other faction, having the next big attacks on the cities end in victory for the defenders would be good to differ them from Teld/UC's falls.

Also I don't buy the whole "One continent per faction" thing Blizz said. I just don't believe them that they'd go that far. Especially since far as we have been told, Darkshore and Silverpine are staying in the hands of their respective factions. The only territory change is the loss of Tirisfal and Teldrassil.
I do not see the Alliance taking Silvermoon or the Horde taking the Exodar.

The Exodar is on a island it is to easy to cut off from help and that alone is good enough since there no real reason to take the the place. I can say the same for Teldrassil there no reason for the horde to take it just take Darkshore and that gets the Alliance off the mainland and trap on islands.

Silvermoon is a different problem all together. Unlike Exodar, Silvermoon ia a big target that the Alliance would like to take. If the Alliance takes Silvermoon then they take the last know stronghold of the Horde on the Mainland of the Eastern Kingdoms this would also remove the Sunwell and any ports the Kingdom has from Horde Control. But we do not know if the Blood Elves have restore there Shield that was power by the Sunwell, or what other surpises they have since we do not have any idea what Silvermoon and the rest of the Kingdom are like right now.
I'd say just focusing on Silvermoon would be better. It's got more relevant characters involved, in a relevant location, and most importantly, it's actually a structure, not a crashed ship.