PSA: If You Have a Bad Computer...

General Discussion
04/06/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Maizou
04/06/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Deathchix
how is even possible to play at 1 fps?

Very. Very. Carefully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za5t0Q5C-mo

This is what it looks like.

I don't know how you can play that. At that point you can buy a PC for a couple hundred that will run much better.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Very. Very. Carefully.

My old laptop used to play exactly like this, and whenever I would log on after school and go to my garrison for the first time the first load screen would take ~5-10 minutes and disconnect me most of the time. I also low key raided mythic siege with that same computer in mop

After you do it long enough, it becomes second nature to adjust your abilities and playstyle for the FPS.

Like in PvP, I don't make a beeline for flag carriers. I have to aim ahead of them, at which point I'll catch them.

The only thing in Legion I've been hampered by is after 7.3, ground fog stopped showing. The Death Fog on the Argus fight, for example, is invisible to me. I have to follow the group and hope my FPS doesn't freeze to 0 while fog is spawning.

I bowed out of guild raiding midway through Tomb of Sargeras, because I was just being detrimental to them because Maiden's orbs would cause my screen to freeze.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Very. Very. Carefully.

I don't know how you can play that. At that point you can but a PC for a couple hundred that will run much better.

Disabled, no income. Stuck with the years-long process of getting disability. Always fun. My friend shipped me an old laptop a few days ago, but with my luck it'll get lost in the mail. Lol.
04/06/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Maizou
...My old laptop used to play exactly like this, and whenever I would log on after school and go to my garrison for the first time the first load screen would take ~5-10 minutes and disconnect me most of the time. I also low key raided mythic siege with that same computer in mop

After you do it long enough, it becomes second nature to adjust your abilities and playstyle for the FPS.

Like in PvP, I don't make a beeline for flag carriers. I have to aim ahead of them, at which point I'll catch them.

The only thing in Legion I've been hampered by is after 7.3, ground fog stopped showing. The Death Fog on the Argus fight, for example, is invisible to me. I have to follow the group and hope my FPS doesn't freeze to 0 while fog is spawning.

I bowed out of guild raiding midway through Tomb of Sargeras, because I was just being detrimental to them because Maiden's orbs would cause my screen to freeze.

I don't know how you can play that. At that point you can but a PC for a couple hundred that will run much better.

Disabled, no income. Stuck with the years-long process of getting disability. Always fun. My friend shipped me an old laptop a few days ago, but with my luck it'll get lost in the mail. Lol.
The last time I raided with that guild in Pandaria was I joined them for 25man mythic progression on paragons. I repeat paragons of the kalaxxi with 25 players on my old laptop that was just about as good as yours. I’m sure you can imagine how fun that was
Hmm my 2nd PC didn't get tagged? It only has a 1070ti (1080ti on the main) !

Thats what i get in bgs yet im top heals
I play at a tange of 1 to 31 fps
If i get lucky n stand still itll shoot up to 60 but uts rare bcuz anytime im in a bg its 1 to 20 fps same for lfr and i do fine .

Very. Very. Carefully.

OMG that was painful to watch.
No way you could ever compete in either pve or pvp with such low fps. It is just impossible
My computer isn't that bad!

Yes I have the alpha but I have a 980Ti and i5 6600! Don't tell me that is already outdated. :(
04/06/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Evän
No way you could ever compete in either pve or pvp with such low fps. It is just impossible

I can if i have impossiable fps how come im top heals a majority of the time i even managed in s4 to reach as high as 1551 on my horde hpal in 3s and 1469 in 2s on my fdk at that kind of fps .

Anything is possiable .

I mean one day ill push for 2k but ibhave to be in the mood to do so i get bored fast.

Now as for pve thats diffrent and i avoid harder content due to my fps and stuff . I dont feel its right to way groups down in pve .

Very. Very. Carefully.

Ah memories

I used to play wow on a dell mini back in 2008 or 2009. 6 fps was high for me (in undercity). In dalaran i got 0.25-0.5 fps. My cousin had a slightly less crappy laptop that got 12 fps and it looked as smooth as 120 fps looks for me now

But honest to goodness i cannot remember it being so bad (except dalaran, that's pretty vivid)

04/06/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Archvil
My computer isn't that bad!

Yes I have the alpha but I have a 980Ti and i5 6600! Don't tell me that is already outdated. :(

Your GPU is a generation old, and your CPU is two generations old. Your stuff isn't bad, it's just not current anymore.
04/06/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Maizou
invites for alpha for people with bad computers

I scold my computer all the time. "Bad Computer". Now, I have Alpha invite.

BAD COMPUTER!!!

: )
04/06/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Jamalia
04/06/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Maizou
invites for alpha for people with bad computers

I scold my computer all the time. "Bad Computer". Now, I have Alpha invite.

BAD COMPUTER!!!

: )

Grats i guess my potato isnt much of a potato as i thought i have still yet to recieve haha .
Got the invite. I knew my computer was bad.

I just recently replaced my old computer. I was mostly getting 10 to 15 FPS but there were places that i flew over (whether by flight path or mount) i would drop to 1 to 4 FPS and thats with ALL the settings set at the lowest possible to improve performance.

My current computer gets about 100 FPS in most places so far and i'm playing at medium settings.

The game world looks a lot better when you can go above minimum settings. ;)
04/06/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Kitanana
04/06/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Evän

I can if i have impossiable fps how come im top heals a majority of the time i even managed in s4 to reach as high as 1551 on my horde hpal in 3s and 1469 in 2s on my fdk at that kind of fps .

Anything is possiable .

I mean one day ill push for 2k but ibhave to be in the mood to do so i get bored fast.

Now as for pve thats diffrent and i avoid harder content due to my fps and stuff . I dont feel its right to way groups down in pve .

I don't believe you sorry. No evidence to prove it other than hearsay

Very. Very. Carefully.

That is what MOP LFR looked like for me if I got in the center of the room. Strangely enough with no upgrades WoD and Legion ran fine. You have my very honest sympathy. THat is HORRID to live with.
04/06/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Maizou
I'm probably going to be absolute crap at this game whenever I have a computer that plays it well.

i was in a top 15 us guild in tot

i was the highest parsing enhance in the US with 1-5 fps for the first 15~ seconds of every fight because of things like army of the dead, hunter pets , ect animations

i updated in SoO but it worked out well enough

i was pretty bad once i could without lag LOL
Blizzard : We would like to invite you into Alpha my good sir.

Good Sir : Alright! What do you want me to do first?!

Blizzard : We want to test you're terrible computer.

Sad Sir : aaahh.
04/06/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Kitanana
1 fps? In pvp? No way. Unless you can see the future.
04/06/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Reminiscent
04/06/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Maizou
I'm probably going to be absolute crap at this game whenever I have a computer that plays it well.

i was in a top 15 us guild in tot

i was the highest parsing enhance in the US with 1-5 fps for the first 15~ seconds of every fight because of things like army of the dead, hunter pets , ect animations

i updated in SoO but it worked out well enough

i was pretty bad once i could without lag LOL

you forgot to mention being rank 14 and full clearing naxx 40 every week in vanilla. Why did you stop where you were