What TEN (10) Allied Races Do You Want?

General Discussion
1 2 3 18 Next
Let's assume for the sake of argument that Blizzard wants to end BfA with 16 races total for each faction. That includes the seven base races and the first four Allied Races, which leaves just FIVE (5) more to go for each faction, for a total of TEN (10) more Allied Races altogether. So assuming each faction will get exactly five more Allied Races in addition to the ones which have already been announced, no more, no less, what would you like those five Allied Races for each to be?

NOTE: The goal of this thread is to get some kind of an idea of what the community wants in terms of Allied Races. The point of this thread is NOT to argue with each other. Rather, to show your support for what you'd like to see throughout the lifetime of BfA. That means that each poster should only be posting once. So long as this thread stays on track, and people just post what they want and nothing more, I'll come through it every once in a while, count up the votes, and keep a running total of what the most popular choices are.

That's the best way to make this thread be productive, so let's please all abide by that. Make your post with your list of the five Allied Races you'd like to see for each faction (Don't forget to specify the faction for each race!), explain why you'd like to see that Allied Race if you like, and leave it alone. Don't argue with anyone and don't continue posting. Like I said, the only posting I'll be making will be to keep a running total of what people suggest and nothing more. So let's start off:

ALLIANCE

• HIGH ELVES: This should be unsurprising. To summarize my viewpoints on this, though, they're a long time Alliance race which should finally be playable (And which can be made easily distinguishable from Blood Elves, even moreso than Void Elves). And with the way the narrative of Battle for Azeroth is shaping up, there's no better time for them to rise to prominence than in the aftermath of the fall of Undercity, as the Horde are driven from the north, leaving the only major Horde presence on the Eastern Kingdoms in Quel'Thalas. This turn of events gives the High Elves the opportunity to do something which, until then, they never would have dreamed possible: it gives them the hope that they might be able to reclaim Quel'Thalas for themselves. Not to mention that Vereesa Windrunner is bound to become a far more important person in the affairs of Azeroth, alongside her sisters Alleria and Sylvanas. So let's have her unify all the disparate High Elven organizations under the banner of the Silver Covenant and direct them towards the purpose of waging war against the Blood Elves in the north alongside the rest of the Alliance in the hopes that they may be able to drive the Blood Elves away and reclaim Silvermoon for themselves.
  • WILDHAMMER DWARVES: With the advent of the Dark Iron Dwarves as an Allied Race, that just leaves the Clan Wildhammer for representation among the playable race options. They'd already be visually distinct, being slightly taller and somewhat thinner than their Bronzebeard and Dark Iron cousins. Their tattoos would also further distinguish them visually from the other two clans. Not to mention that, with the way the Battle for Azeroth narrative is shaping up, they're also in a position to shine. With the upcoming warfront set in and around Stromgarde, the Horde/Alliance War will be brought practically right to the doorstep of the Wildhammer Dwarves. There's no better time for Clan Wildhammer to explode onto the scene than in defense of their human allies in and around Arathi and Lordaeron.
  • VRYKUL: The Vrykul have been long requested as a playable race, and there's no better place for them than the Alliance, which is mostly made up of the descendants of the various Titan-Forged species, including the Vrykul's own descendants (And as Chronicle 1 tells us, many Vrykul endured hardship and risked death in order to protect the humans). There are also very good geopolitical reasons which make the Vrykul joining the Alliance a sensible option, as the Horde now controls both Highmountain and Suramar on the Broken Isles. That leaves the Alliance with no foothold of any kind unless they ally with the Vrykul of Stormheim. Likewise, Sylvanas already made a move to enslave Eyir and the Val'kyr, which not only would've denied Odyn all his Valkyr, but barred the Vrykul from their afterlife. That's a goal which Sylvanas likely won't give up on. And now that she's got the armies of Highmountain and Suramar at her disposal, she has no reason not to make a move on Stormheim to enslave the Val'kyr, in which case Stormheim needs the help of the Alliance if they're going to survive.
  • LIGHTFORGED HUMANS: This is my own personal wish listing which I came up with on my own. WIshful thinking, I know, but here goes. What I envisage here are former Lordaeronian citizens, men and women who, now that the Forsaken have been driven out of Lordaeron at last, want to reclaim their homeland. However, due to the plaguing of the land in the wake of the Forsaken retreat, a hardier breed of human is necessary to clear the land in order to make way for the greater bulk of the refugees to follow. Enter Lordaeronian Humans who, like Turalyon, have undergone the Lightforged process in order to make themselves better able to resist the toxins and the poisons left in the land while pushing back against any Forsaken or Scourge holdouts left in their lands. The people of Lordaeron have always been strong in their belief in the Light, and are extremely committed to the recovery of their homeland, two traits which make them absolutely ideal to undergo the process of Lightforging. And with Turalyon, himself a Lightforged Human who has a vested interest in seeing Lordaeron reclaimed, the way would be open for any Lordaeronian who proves themselves to become a Lightforged Human and follow their new queen, Calia Menethil (Who'll hopefully become Lightforged herself), in reclaiming their homeland.
  • BROKEN: I simply think that they’d make for a nice addition. The Broken from Outland or Argus would be fine. They’ve long been with us in the game, since the days of Burning Crusade, they’re the primary source of Draenei Shamanism, and they have an interesting and original appearance. A story could certainly be told where the Broken, wanting to get off Outland or Argus, are willing to join the Alliance and wage war on the Horde in order to make a home for themselves on Azeroth.

HORDE

• UNDEAD ELVES: Arthas and the Scourge wiped out 90% of the High Elf race. Clearly some of them should have been raised up as Scourge, and some of those should have become Forsaken. We’ve already seen that to be the case, as Dark Rangers have loon been an important element of Forsaken forces. I suggest that we see Dark Rangers evolve even further, with a proper model for them, as well as one which can be applied to other classes. As for a suit of Heritage Armor, their Heritage Armor could be based on the standard uniform of the Dark Rangers. In terms of racial traits, it’d be pretty neat if they had access to a lesser form of a banshee wail, a sonic attack fired in a cone in front of them, with a nice sonic scream animation (Similar to what we see on Arrow with Black Canary). It would be sensible to introduce them early into the expansion, shortly after the fall of Lordaeron, as Sylvanas would undoubtedly have any number of Undead Elves or Dark Rangers waging a guerilla war against Alliance forces as they try to hinder their forward progress towards Quel’Thalas, and would make great foils to the High Elves.
  • BLIGHTCALLER FORSAKEN: Basically, fresher Forsaken similar to Nathanos Blightcaller. They use the human model but have “dead” skin tones like grey, green, blue, chalk white, etc., different hair styles, and glowing red eyes. Their Heritage Armor could be something similar to what Nathanos wears, some kind of outfit with a duster. Blightcaller Forsaken represent an improvement over standard Forsaken, and I could see Sylvanas wanting to make more of those. The only downside I could see is the difficulty that went into making Nathanos, but let me point out that she wasn’t just making a fresher Forsaken there. She was taking an existing Forsaken and reshaping his body to look like a close living relative. That’s obviously far more difficult and more likely to consume power than taking a freshly dead body and making it into a Blightcaller Forsaken. So the likelihood is that Val’kyr would have a far easier time creating those than they would converting pre-existing Forsaken. Alternatively, the Val’kyr could begin drawing on the power of Azerite in order to make it easier for them to create these new Forsaken. It’d be awesome to pair them up with Lightforged Humans and have the Light infused refugees of Lordaeron, intent on retaking their homeland, clashing with newly made superior versions of the Forsaken.
  • OGRES: Nothing more needs to be said. Ogres, both the one-headed and two-headed variety, have long been a favorite for the Horde, and it’s time for them to finally become playable. Now in all honesty, I’m not that familiar with Ogre lore. What I’m most hazy about is the idea that they’re incredibly stupid, and need Apexis to make them smart. This, however, is an opportunity to once again show off the power of Azerite, their newest McGuffin. Maybe someone develops a potion from Azerite and Apexis which, when drink, permanently grants an Ogre the effects of Apexis, making them permanently smart (Kind of like how the Arcandor permanently freed the Nighborne from the Nightwell)? Whatever the case, story wise, a workaround for that issue can be easily uncovered. Storywise, the Arathi Warfront would be the perfect place to bring in Ogres, as Ogres are all over Arathi, so it’d make a great deal of sense for Blizzard to introduce playable Ogres then.
  • FOREST TROLLS: Broader and more muscular versions of Trolls. The Revantusk are the obvious choice, as they’re already effectively members of the Horde, just as the Dark Iron Dwarves are members of the Alliance. The Revantusk should be more important, given all the fighting which’ll soon be happening right on their doorstep. The Amani would also be interesting, as well, with the Horde making peace with them in order to shore up their defenses in the northern part of the Eastern Kingdoms.
  • VULPERA: Horde players want it, so sure, why not?

So those are my requests. What’re yours? Again, let’s make this thread about each poster providing positive input for what they’d like to see, rather than arguing with each other. The hope would be to have a single consolidated thread in which Blizzard devs can look and see the sort of races which are popular among the player base and what’s commonly being requested.
I don’t want 10... I just want three.

Saberon and ogres for the Horde. Wildhammer for the Alliance.

Other than that, I don’t care.
I agree with this list
04/14/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Tovi
I don’t want 10... I just want three.

Saberon and ogres for the Horde. Wildhammer for the Alliance.

Other than that, I don’t care.

Thank you for sharing. Now this is what I mean by saying I'll come by and count up the votes. I'll likely do this with every page or two worth of posts (I certainly won't do it after every post. I'm only doing it now for demonstration purposes).

04/14/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Salranas
I agree with this list

And if someone says they agree with someone else's choices, like this, then I'll add those votes as well. So thus far, the voting stands as follows:

ALLIANCE
2 Broken
2 High Elves
2 Lightforged Humans
2 Vrykul
3 Wildhammer Dwarves

HORDE
2 Blightcaller Forsaken
2 Forest Trolls
3 Ogres
1 Saberon
2 Undead Elves
2 Vulpera
i just want frost/forest trolls.

So let's have her unify all the disparate High Elven organizations under the banner of the Silver Covenant and direct them towards the purpose of waging war against the Blood Elves in the north alongside the rest of the Alliance in the hopes that they may be able to drive the Blood Elves away and reclaim Silvermoon for themselves.[/li][li]
[.

this is fun not only do high elves want but steal us silvermoon xd

jajajaj
high elves for ally and forest trolls for horde plz
Forest trolls would be neat for sure. Honestly don't understand peoples want for wildhammer, high elves, or any 100% reskin. At least with something like forest trolls they are buffer, wider, and green.
All I want are High Elves and Vrykul for the Alliance.
Alliance
-Quilboar
-Earthen, Frost Dwarves, or Iron Dwarves, or some sort of combination of all three in one package.
-Broken using the Argus model
-Furbolg
-Jinyu

Horde
-Forest & Frost Trolls/buff Trolls. Maybe throw in the lankier Sand Troll model too.
-Tuskarr
-Vrykul
-Yaungol
-Blightcaller/Intact Undead
Taking Deathchix, Sanctor, Cudlybear, Celekolnir, and Sternbridge into account...

ALLIANCE
3 Broken
1 Earthen
1 Frost Dwarves
1 Furbolg
4 High Elves
1 Iron Dwarves
1 Jinyu
2 Lightforged Humans
1 Quillboar
3 Vrykul
3 Wildhammer Dwarves

HORDE
3 Blightcaller Forsaken
6 Forest Trolls
2 Frost Trolls
3 Ogres
1 Saberon
1 Sand Troll
1 Tuskar
2 Undead Elves
1 Vrykul
2 Vulpera
1 Yaungol
Alliance.
1.High Elves
2.High Elves
3.High Elves
4.High Elves
5.Vrykul

Horde
1. Ogres
2. uh...
3. erm..
4. I dunno...
5. Whatever.
04/14/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Azrael
Let's assume for the sake of argument that Blizzard wants to end BfA with 16 races total for each faction.

To me that's ridiculous. 20 allied races in BFA (10 per faction)? They've announced 8 (4 per faction) so far. If they make cosmetic changes to all 12 existing races, that is only 12, not 20.

Are you assuming TWO allied races based on EACH old race? Or are you assuming that Blizzard can also do 8 more races that are NOT cosmetic changes, within BFA?
Going into this, I don't know if I even want ten. I'm not going to list them just to list them.

1. High elves for Alliance

They've been in the game since Vanilla, but they actually started helping in Wrath with the Silver Covenant. Since then, they've assisted the Alliance both in the Kirin Tor and Silver Covenant and in places like the Isle of Thunder.

Aside from that, the reasons for not giving them to use no longer make any sense as every single argument against them could apply to the current allied races.

Class wise, I was thinking everything blood elves can be with the exception of warlock and DH.

2. Forest trolls for Horde

They've been in the Horde since Tides of Darkness. They're long allies of the orcs. That's all I have, but I also think it's all I need. No reason to make up new races for an allied race when this one has been in the Horde since WC2.

Really anything but DH works for them.

3. Wildhammer for Alliance

Again, Tides of Darkness. Then they're an actual faction you can farm actual rep for as of Cata. They have a tabard, they have a leader, they have a seat in Ironforge. They are already in the Alliance.

I'd say everything but warlocks and DH. I think Wildhammer druids would be cool.
All the races i want/like are confirmed to be added into the game already.

I wanna play as Arakkoa and Naga but those are a bit far fetched and not on the list sooo.

I don't know......
04/14/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Tchalla
04/14/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Azrael
Let's assume for the sake of argument that Blizzard wants to end BfA with 16 races total for each faction.

To me that's ridiculous. 20 allied races in BFA (10 per faction)? They've announced 8 (4 per faction) so far. If they make cosmetic changes to all 12 existing races, that is only 12, not 20.

Are you assuming TWO allied races based on EACH old race? Or are you assuming that Blizzard can also do 8 more races that are NOT cosmetic changes, within BFA?
is another ridiculous post of the pro hf basically want to take the most popular race of the horde to give him trade, many of them will vote for things from the horde and then leave saying in his post give this to the horde and to us high elves

every day is more ridiculous this can not wait for blizz to decide something
04/14/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Vishnuallah
All the races i want/like are confirmed to be added into the game already.

I wanna play as Arakkoa and Naga but those are a bit far fetched and not on the list sooo.

I don't know......

The point of the thread is to make your own list. So put forth what races you would like, and what faction you'd like them to be on. :) So what factions would you like Arakkoa and Naga on so I can put them on the list?

04/14/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Ronwin
High Elves for Alliance
Ogres for the horde

Also wouldnt mind seeing Wildhammer, Saberon, Saurok, Vrykul and Arakkoa

Please make sure to specify what faction you want each race to be on. Where would you envision Saberon, Saurok, Vrykul, and Arakkoa to be?
Posted by Ronwin
High Elves for Alliance
Ogres for the horde

Also wouldnt mind seeing Wildhammer, Saberon, Saurok, Vrykul and Arakkoa

Please make sure to specify what faction you want each race to be on. Where would you envision Saberon, Saurok, Vrykul, and Arakkoa to be?

Horde
Ogres
Saberon
Saurok
Arakkoa

Centaur (even though it wont happen)

Alliance
High Elves
Wildhammer
Broken
Vrykul

Keepers/ Dryads (even though it wont happen)