Fire Mages is this True?

Mage
I was in a raid and got talking to mythic raiding 970 mage saying fire mages aint half bad in mythic. Hey mentioned crit up to 60% and then its Mastery. Crit is usually a frost mage stat....but He said he was simming...and then they pulled the boss........(and didnt finish the conversation).

Anyone simming high Crit 50%+ for fire mages? (before investing in Mastery) If there any mythic fire mages...who are simming....how they are gearing there stats? (crit vs mastery) The mystery mage also mentioned Intellect isnt good for fire mages.....is that true?
I run 58-67% crit. It's just simply in general a strong stat(even stronger with Shard instead of Belt,) and there's plenty of it to go around. Don't aim for a specific amount of any stat, just sim your gear combinations and enchant via stat weights.

04/25/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Sheatwitch
Intellect isnt good for fire mages.....is that true?

Mainstat is bad for every DPS class in the game at current ilvls.
Some of the secondary stats will sim higher than int but it really depends on your char and what stats you have. I usually run around 55% or higher but if you're say the scorch belt and gloves crit isn't valued as much since you're combusting like every minute.

From what I've seen most people are running high crit with bracers and timewarp ring.
04/26/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Gríz
Some of the secondary stats will sim higher than int but it really depends on your char and what stats you have.

At anything resembling a raiding ilvl, all secondaries will always sim above Intellect unless your sim is OOMing, in which case you will see Haste at a low or even negative value. This is usually due to high haste(not generally a problem if you have Marquee,) no bracers, using the gloves, or any combination of the three.
Raiding mythic as fire is great for many fights due to the increased movement speed from scorch so that’s my go to right now. I find frost to be boring but it’s all about your preference.
Thanks for all the feed back....i spotted the fire crit build on ALTERED TIME...this confirms what i was talking about .....63-65% crit....

https://www.altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4974

with the "Crit Build" spaming scroch for crit procs is NICE. I was also told to cold-fire a Pyroblast everynow and then that will break off for a huge crit......He mentioned that you can get humongous 18 mill crits...with a random cast Pyroblast.

Im trying to do simms now with the "Crit build"....(still fire is last on DPS and im still getting booted from heric raids for low DPS)...lol

very fustraiting to pug with a Mage right now...I assume all the fire mages in mythic are havign a good time with there raiding guilds.
04/29/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Sheatwitch
He mentioned that you can get humongous 18 mill crits...with a random cast Pyroblast.

LOL
Fire has been viable if not preferable for mythic in every legion raid not named nighthold.
With the death of Arcane coming in BfA, I'm playing around with frost and fire.

I'm settled on frost (for now) but when playing with fire (no pun intended) I did notice a big difference when a former guildie or mine said to increase my crit from 50% to 60%.

My problem is i'm a haste addict due to an impatient personality so frost works better for me right now lol.

Still, fire is there taunting me (and my favorite mog on this toon is a fire themed one ....)
I noticed ido better in pvp as fire
04/25/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Sheatwitch
I was in a raid and got talking to mythic raiding 970 mage saying fire mages aint half bad in mythic. Hey mentioned crit up to 60% and then its Mastery. Crit is usually a frost mage stat....but He said he was simming...and then they pulled the boss........(and didnt finish the conversation).

Anyone simming high Crit 50%+ for fire mages? (before investing in Mastery) If there any mythic fire mages...who are simming....how they are gearing there stats? (crit vs mastery) The mystery mage also mentioned Intellect isnt good for fire mages.....is that true?

I sim at 2M+ dps with 60% Crit 23% Haste 19% Mastery and 11% Vers using the standard ST talent with Incanter Flow ( cuz I hate RoP and it's only a 30k difference for me)

The fun thing about this build is you are never out of Fireblast (exept during combustion ofc) and it give you alot more opportunities for bracer procs, which crit from 6 to 9M for me.

Be warned tho, fire mage is RNG dependant and if you don't get bracer proc your dps will suck no matter what you do.
04/26/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Gríz
Some of the secondary stats will sim higher than int but it really depends on your char and what stats you have. I usually run around 55% or higher but if you're say the scorch belt and gloves crit isn't valued as much since you're combusting like every minute.

From what I've seen most people are running high crit with bracers and timewarp ring.
Good to know. Think I'll adjust my fire offspec gear for a more crit-heavy setup.
05/07/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Jammira
Be warned tho, fire mage is RNG dependant and if you don't get bracer proc your dps will suck no matter what you do.

All three Mage specs have the same ST DPS variance, or close enough that it's a negligible difference and the specs' variance hierarchy changes depending on the profiles used.
I've been preparing for the death of arcane in BfA by running some raids in frost and fire.

I can honestly say, I initially ran my crit for fire at 55% thinking it was enough but wasn't getting a lot of procs (especially on that initial cast of fireball).

Switched some gear around and upped it to 60% based on a recommendation from another mage in my guild ..... damn, what a difference that 5% made.

Fire was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. It's a contender for my main spec when Arcane is finally declared DOA.
05/08/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Aedrid
I've been preparing for the death of arcane in BfA by running some raids in frost and fire.

I can honestly say, I initially ran my crit for fire at 55% thinking it was enough but wasn't getting a lot of procs (especially on that initial cast of fireball).

Switched some gear around and upped it to 60% based on a recommendation from another mage in my guild ..... damn, what a difference that 5% made.

Fire was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. It's a contender for my main spec when Arcane is finally declared DOA.

I'm going to just assume, based on the resurfacing of the myth of the 60% crit point, that your guildie was also sourcing Preheet's AT post.

I really feel compelled to again convey that 60% crit is not the magic entry point for the viability of fire. You are not seeing substantially more crits by adding 5% crit - you're seeing a 5% increase in crits (simplified, without looking at compounding, further reducing the value of that gap). Both Keestus and I have been repeatedly calling out the fact that there is no mathematical backing to Preheet's "guide." The way Preheet presents this number implies a vertical curvilinear relationship between critical strike and fire, apexing at "60-65%" crit, when the reality is that the relationship is, for all intents and purposes, horizontally linear.

This guide is posted on Altered-Time, and because AT is rightfully regarded as the most reliable forum for mage theorycrafting there's a deference to authority in which readers presume incorrectly that the information has been vetted by Frosted or other lead theorycrafters, wherein the reality is that anyone can post on their forums. The stat breakdown provided is literally listed as feelycrafted and Preheet, though well-intentioned, has created a relatively far-reaching spread of misinformation.

Frankly, the guide is not rooted in any math or science and should be deleted from AT.
I second that. Would much rather play firestarter and belt/ring.