Class Design is Dead

General Discussion
1 2 3 18 Next
No new 120 ability.

No new 120 talent tier.

All character progression locked behind a rental item that will be taken away again at 130. This time its a boring [removed] necklace.

Nothing made baseline for Artifacts.

Hey Ion.

None of the rest of your content matters if Class Design sucks.
I agree. Most specs were made interesting and playable with these Aetifact talents.

Having three or four rotation buttons with a cooldown or two is not engaging and not fun.

There should have been another tier of talents and some of our Artifact abilities should be baked in or in that 120 talent row.

This is why I go back to Rift to play. They may not have end game, but at least there's a ton of souls to choose from and boatloads of abilities and talent points-- like a real MMO should be.
Alpha btw.
I'm not too worried about it actually, the Azerite system seems to make up for it. The better gear you get the better attributes you get. Yes theres the necklace, but lets not forget the azurite attuned pieces, which if I understand it correctly will make up for those artifact traits.

03/21/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Kaiyeri
a ton of souls to choose from and boatloads of abilities and talent points-- like a real MMO should be.

I don't like having a million buttons to press if I'm being honest, and I definitely don't think we should get "a boatload more" abilities to muddle our rotation and clutter our bar. I haven't seen that many changes in BfA except for the classes I play, but so far they seem alright
03/21/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Arkaro
Alpha btw.

There are 4-5 months before the expansion.

Development of brand new abilities and stuff (and testing it) takes time. There are an awful lot of specs (PVP and PVE) to eyeball.

It's the alpha, sure... But comments need to be made now, classes need to be tested and experimented with now, and comments positive and negative need to be made now.
03/21/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Venara
I'm not too worried about it actually, the Azerite system seems to make up for it. The better gear you get the better attributes you get. Yes theres the necklace, but lets not forget the azurite attuned pieces, which if I understand it correctly will make up for those artifact traits.

a ton of souls to choose from and boatloads of abilities and talent points-- like a real MMO should be.

I don't like having a million buttons to press if I'm being honest, and I definitely don't think we should get "a boatload more" abilities to muddle our rotation and clutter our bar. I haven't seen that many changes in BfA except for the classes I play, but so far they seem alright
I'm not asking for WoW to become Rift. But what's wrong with how your class currently plays? Do our want less buttons than you have now? Because that's what most of us are looking at.

Anyone leveling a new character is stuck with almost no abilities until they reach 120-- and even then, we won't see the stuff we have now.

That's not how this game should work. It should never take a piece of gear to be a full fledged spec.
Alpha btw.

You're kidding yourself if you think a new talent tier will be added half-way through Alpha.

They are pruning more abilities. They are shoving stuff they've previously pruned into EXISTING talent rows.

The lucky few specs who get their Artifact Ability back have to choose it from an existing talent row(mostly level 100). This means they have to give up something else they already had just to gain an ability back that is integral to their rotation.

Ion claims constantly adding abilities is "untenable".

Hey man, you haven't added a single baseline ability since MoP. The last talent row we got was in WoD after the first prune you did.

Wake up.
03/21/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Venara

They have pruned abilities away since WoD.

WoD: "Ability Bloat".

Legion: "Class Fantasy". (which actually became spec fantasy)

BfA: "Class Identity".

They haven't added a single baseline ability since Mists of Pandaria. All they have done is take stuff away.

Are you aware Shadow Priests lost Shadow Word: Death? An ability they have had for 10+ years. They now must choose it as a talent. Giving up something else in return.
From what I understand from blizzcon the Azerite armor is going to be just passives.

The other sad part is the higher the ilvl the more Azerite we need to unlock the passives again.

I don't like having to work hard to power up something only for it to be taken away in the next expansion. Now we have a system that gets reset every tier?

Come on Blizz. We need character progression not resets.
*shrug* There's always the vanilla servers when they come out.
03/21/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Sulique
*shrug* There's always the vanilla servers when they come out.
How does that help us or this game at all? That was a very illogical and unproductive comment.
This is why I go back to Rift to play. They may not have end game, but at least there's a ton of souls to choose from and boatloads of abilities and talent points-- like a real MMO should be.

Don't you just macro all of your abilities into like 3 buttons in Rift?

I agree with you on the customization that the soul system they have enables though.
good to know you guys are better qualified than blizzard staff, you should apply for a job there.

wait, what's that? you have no experience with game development at all? well, that's a huge surprise
03/21/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Battlemaiden
good to know you guys are better qualified than blizzard staff, you should apply for a job there.

wait, what's that? you have no experience with game development at all? well, that's a huge surprise

I don't have to work in waste management to recognize poop.
03/21/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Sconners
Alpha btw.

You're kidding yourself if you think a new talent tier will be added half-way through Alpha.

They are pruning more abilities. They are shoving stuff they've previously pruned into EXISTING talent rows.

The lucky few specs who get their Artifact Ability back have to choose it from an existing talent row(mostly level 100). This means they have to give up something else they already had just to gain an ability back that is integral to their rotation.

Hey man, you haven't added a single baseline ability since MoP. The last talent row we got was in WoD after the first prune you did.

Wake up.
Did I ever state that I thought that? No. I didn't. I said Alpha because it's alpha, relax. Things need to be said, that's the point of Alpha, but what isn't is to go absolutely nuts over it. Just relax. Freaking out won't help the game or yourself.
I've been playing a B DK lately. I gotta say, I feel pretty squishy. I have decent CDs but I have one damage mitigation ability I can use often and that's Marrowrend. It's how I build my bone shield. Aside from that, I have no other way to actively mitigate incoming damage that isn't a 1 min CD+. It's not particularly fun imo.

Introducing Mastery earlier, I think, would help a lot with characters leveling power.
03/21/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Arkaro
03/21/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Sconners

Wake up.
Did I ever state that I thought that? No. I didn't. I said Alpha because it's alpha, relax. Things need to be said, that's the point of Alpha, but what isn't is to go absolutely nuts over it. Just relax. Freaking out won't help the game or yourself.

What's the point of feedback if it's completely ignored.

That's the point of this thread.

Where is the communication?

They constantly harp on that this community is toxic but there is mountains of good constructive feedback that is completely ignored.

If they actually talked to people every once in a while maybe the negativity would die down.
03/21/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Sconners
03/21/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Arkaro
... Did I ever state that I thought that? No. I didn't. I said Alpha because it's alpha, relax. Things need to be said, that's the point of Alpha, but what isn't is to go absolutely nuts over it. Just relax. Freaking out won't help the game or yourself.

What's the point of feedback if it's completely ignored.

That's the point of this thread.

Where is the communication?

They constantly harp on that this community is toxic but there is mountains of good constructive feedback that is completely ignored.

If they actually talked to people every once in a while maybe the negativity would die down.
Well, freaking out won't make your feedback more visible, it will only encourage Blizz to ignore it even more.
Alpha btw.

It's only Alpha.

It's only Beta.

It just went live, they'll fix it in the first content patch.

Stop. Just stop.
03/21/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Angrypillows
Alpha btw.

It's only Alpha.

It's only Beta.

It just went live, they'll fix it in the first content patch.

Stop. Just stop.

Or they'll do what they did with Demo and says they'd rather you just not play that spec :-)