BfA monk changes ouch? Or not...

Monk
Wow these changes to monk seem pretty rough in BfA

Paralysis Incapacitates the target for 1 min. Limit 1. Damage will cancel the effect.
Cooldown changed from 15 sec cooldown to 1 min cooldown

Transcendence: Transfer Your body and spirit swap locations.
Cooldown changed from 25 sec cooldown to 45 sec cooldown

Leg Sweep Knocks down all enemies within 5 yards, stunning them for 53 sec.
Now baseline
Cooldown changed from 45 sec cooldown to 1 min cooldown
If a player breaks your CC in a raid or dungeon, you now get to chew their ear off. I'd like to see a system where the CD is reset if another player breaks your CC. I hate being punished because some player tab targets one too many times. /shrug

How often do you really need to Transfer? I find it useful for closing gaps between myself and my raidmates when I do suicide runs on Mythic Imonar. I also like to use it to quickly return to Garothi after kiting Bombardment, but that's just because I'm lazy. (This change would affect my Garothi strat, but wouldn't hurt my Imonar strat.) It honestly doesn't hurt THAT much.

Baseline utility abilities are always a plus! Besides, the talent it's replaced by reduces its cooldown by 10 seconds. If you don't need RoP, then you'll likely default to the TTS anyway.

Overall, nothing too bad. It's not like these changes are targeting Brewmasters specifically. Plenty of classes saw CD increases.
Yeah I was looking at it from more pvp perspective. But I’m sure a lot of other classes with get cc mobility nerfs also.
I'm still waiting to see literally any changes for MW lmao... They havent done anything yet. Still early though i guess, but still most classes have at least a change or two. MW have 0 talent changes. You pretty much only ran mana tea in raid in legion. Rising thunder talent was hardly used. Would be much better if it was replaced with the pvp talent Way of the crane, (functions the same kinda) but is more fun. Dealing melee damage heals people around you VS rsk resetting thunder focus tea for more healing. Ummm, Spirit of the crane dominated almost all pve scenarios for raiding. Mana regen with how high cost of spells was, was pretty much the only way to go. The vivify/enevelope mist swapping 20% mana cost is so trash its crazy. Mist wrap pretty much only used in pvp and in mythic+ tier 1 talents and movement talents are fine, but MW need a little love to spice it up some. Or else they will be the literal exact same as in Legion.
After seeing no MW changes so far I've started regearing away from MW and into WW. Loved MW for a long time, but it started to feel clunky to me in Legion, and I'm having more fun on my Disc priest. Hopefully MW gets some love soon.
03/25/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Coggali
After seeing no MW changes so far I've started regearing away from MW and into WW. Loved MW for a long time, but it started to feel clunky to me in Legion, and I'm having more fun on my Disc priest. Hopefully MW gets some love soon.

That word is thrown around to much these days by people who have no idea what it actually means. It's become a "meme" for those who simply want to play a different spec.
03/25/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Demidog
stunning them for 53 sec.

Rip m+ dungeons.

( most likely a typo but still could you imagine an aoe stun like this )

03/25/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Coggali
Loved MW for a long time, but it started to feel clunky to me in Legion

IMO the only thing(s) that feels clunky for me is the slow cast on EnvMist and Sheilun's Gift and maybe soothing mist sometimes, but I am newer at monk healing myself. It's actually quite interesting to go back and play my other healers (play all cept disc ) after being on the monk so long.
53 second stun! :p

I've been playing WW in alpha and it doesn't really feel much different.

Having both leg sweep and RoP is kind of cool.

Talenting for the double RSK flip is lame.

Aoe stun duration change is across the board not just monks.
Most classes are getting CC toned way down, so these changes arnt too bad. Bit I honestly did feel the cooldown on Transfer was way too short anyway, coupled with all the mobility we already have.

Long as we keep the knockdown on fist, I'll be ok with these changes.
It's looking pretty grim. The 2 reasons I still play this game is for rated arena and the lore. Both have been going down the drain big time since MOP, and it doesn't look to be improving in BFA.

If you enjoy PVE the game is still great, but PVE gets boring fast for me. Already investing my time improving in actual PVP games where the creators actually care about PVP.
Don't forget WW has Ring of Peace and Leg Sweep and Par all standard.

You can still chain some form of control together with all 3 of them.
that nerf to transcendence is miserable for pvp. I rely on that heavily when flag carrying and kiting in arenas.
03/30/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Sladewolf
Don't forget WW has Ring of Peace and Leg Sweep and Par all standard.

You can still chain some form of control together with all 3 of them.

True, but with how ring of peace could only really knock them away once if it isn't positioned just right. I wish they would have just reverted it back into the older variant where no abilities could be used in it by the thing trying to attack you.
nerf hard enough to prune the fotm lice that has attached itself to my class and ill return to it. rn by given ww rop on top of what they already have with longer cds changes nothing. I predict ww will still be disgusting fotm magnet in bfa.
04/06/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Bootieblades
I predict ww will still be disgusting fotm magnet in bfa.

monks.... fotm.... lowest playerbase in the game on census sites....

And that's saying something since I'm a shaman.
I thought the blood dk tank was current fotm?
Para & transcendence nerfs are rough, no getting around it.

Five second AoE stuns basically got removed from the game from what I can see (cap totem, dh stun are gone) so having the neutered Leg Sweep baseline is, oddly enough, a net gain for us. It especially is given that RoP has also been baselined, which should hopefully give more people a chance to play with this unique and fun ability.

It's currently possible to stack celerity with chi torpedo, and that's hard not to like. We're also getting CD reduction on BoK: 1s from RSK and FoF per hit. There has been a bug on the alpha for a while that gave BoK a CD, which freaked us all out, but since that has been confirmed unintended I'm feeling pretty grateful at the moment.
Ain't too hot on para and transcendence nerfs for PvP, but considering port heals prolly going away it's kinda eh. Raises the need for some form of self heals that's not effuse.

Really annoyed Leg Sweep and Ring got moved to baseline. That just opens up space for blizz to take what we have now *cough cough* double rsk, SotWL, etc *cough cough* and move them to talents. Would rather just keep those baseline and maintain the status quo of having to choose between leg sweep or ring even though it's not really even a choice. And as always, i would rather have 5.4 version of Ring of Peace because arcane torrent on crack can actually compete with leg sweep.

To summarize, things looks grim and also blizz pulled a blizz. Silver lining in that BoK reduces cd on RSK and FoF per use.

Still waiting for the return of baseline FoF stun.
04/06/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Bootieblades
nerf hard enough to prune the fotm lice that has attached itself to my class and ill return to it. rn by given ww rop on top of what they already have with longer cds changes nothing. I predict ww will still be disgusting fotm magnet in bfa.

Why does it matter if it’s FoTM? Do you need to be unique? I never understood why this behavior exists. Must be because I’m a filthy dad LFR casual.
Yes. End of windwalker pvp. Our list of viable comps is dwindling. Looking like a worse version of warrior at this point.