PSA: How to Block Warcraft Logs

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
This is NOT my discovery, so I site and give Credit to player named Snoop (with funny line about the o's) as these are his words:

Simply navigate your browser to warcraftlogs. Then create an account. Its super easy and can be done within a couple of minutes. Once you receive your email notification to activate the account, you are pretty much up and running. From there you want to link your battle.net account to warcraftlogs. you should see this option by clicking on the settings of your WL account. or you can just go to the WL homepage and use the get started option.

Once you have linked the accounts, go back into settings and you will see each toon. Next to it will have an option to toggle visibility of the logs. Simply click that, and you will be the only one able to view your logs. Which is nice if you want to monitor your own progress! But also will eliminate the need for others to see it.

I went to the warcraft logs site as he suggested. I did have to set up an account with my email. I do NOT like that but I went ahead and did it. From that point the instructions were self explanatory.

The more players who BLOCK THEMSELVES from this site the BETTER.
Let the Elitists have their parses to themselves!
All sites should have this and it is a slap in the face that we cannot block ALL DATA from sites like raiderio.

But this is a start!

Happy Good Friday Everyone!
Start your holiday weekend by BLOCKING warcraft logs. STAND UP to the Elitists of this game.

And a SPECIAL THANKS TO Snoop (with slashes above the o's) for the information.

---

Mod edit: Locking this thread as it has spiraled into namecalling and trolling. Please do not create threads for the purpose of calling people elitists or calling people bad - keep the discussions respectful and on topic.
And this will also block you from being invited from stuff.
"You don't even have logs." - Some Elitest Raider
If you think blocking logs will help you get into groups, think again.

If you guys want groups where logs aren't a factor for getting invited, make your own instead of trying to treat other people like slave labor who should play only for your benefit.
03/30/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Zanther

I do not want ANY PART of ANY GROUP that checks logs.

PERIOD.
An applicant with a decent parse for content or an applicant who appears to have not done the content at all? Which one am I going to choose?

PSA: Don’t look at WarcraftLogs as a gateway to PUGs. Look at it as a tool to help you understand where you can improve to become more performant.
03/30/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Wyspers
[quote]"You don't even have logs." - Some Elitest Raider

lol. if someone said that to me I'd reply with "I passed 2 logs 10 mins ago, can show you a pic wanna see?" . Probably I'd never hear from them again but making a joke is always worth it for me :)
Um... how does this work exactly? If I go raid with my guild this week and I turn off my logs does it just hide me in the guilds logs like I wasn't even there?

Ye gods that sounds weird as heck. I'm sorry OP that you can't be proud of your logs and you have to hide them. I guess it's good that players have options though...
03/30/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Empathetic
03/30/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Wyspers
[quote]"You don't even have logs." - Some Elitest Raider

lol. if someone said that to me I'd reply with "I passed 2 logs 10 mins ago, can show you a pic wanna see?" . Probably I'd never hear from them again but making a joke is always worth it for me :)

WELL SAID!

If enough people BLOCK this hateful site it will drive the Elitists NUTS. (That Warcraft Log site was NUTS.....GET IT? :) )

It is truly a PLEASURE and DELIGHT to see the Elitists get a slap in the face for a change!
Don't think blocking your logs will help you get into groups.
03/30/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Kirela
Um... how does this work exactly? If I go raid with my guild this week and I turn off my logs does it just hide me in the guilds logs like I wasn't even there?

Ye gods that sounds weird as heck. I'm sorry OP that you can't be proud of your logs and you have to hide them. I guess it's good that players have options though...

It is MY DATA and it is PRIVATE and NO ONES BUSINESS.

I can look at my own logs of course.

Bottom Line: My Data is PRIVATE.
03/30/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Rastlin

Then when I see you under performing on the dps/healing meters I will kick you from my group.
I have never invited a player to a raid or dungeon that had hidden logs. This saves me the headache of having leeches like Rastlin in my raids and dungeons. I also don't get what you think you gain from this or what hiding your raider.io score would do for you. You wouldn't be getting into groups that care about score or are doing hard enough dungeons that score is relevant with a hidden score or your current score of 670. Hiding that 670 would really be showing the man whose boss lol.

BTW I saw rastlin's logs a few weeks ago he is a 12% best average parser and has a amun'thul's vision. Life really can't get more unfair. I wonder why people with more skill don't tend to want to hide their logs. It is almost like they are not ashamed of them or something. ;)
03/30/2018 05:30 AMPosted by Rastlin

Once you have linked the accounts, go back into settings and you will see each toon. Next to it will have an option to toggle visibility of the logs. Simply click that, and you will be the only one able to view your logs. Which is nice if you want to monitor your own progress! But also will eliminate the need for others to see it.
You're logs will still be there but when a person other than you wants to check it, they'll just get the following message
At the request of this character's owner, all parses involving this character have been hidden.

I like privacy too, hence why I did it. But I would rather prefer to be able to remove all that type of data on non offlicial blizzard websites, as I don't really trust them nor want them to have my data.

It's not. It's not your data it's blizzards. You don't even own your account why do you think the armory is up there for everyone to see? All you're doing is culling the number of raids you could potentially get into and the only reason to do that is you have something to hide.
03/30/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Rastlin
03/30/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Zanther

I do not want ANY PART of ANY GROUP that checks logs.

PERIOD.

Which is 99% of all groups made for raid/mythic+ content
Considering my shaman of 40ilvls below you beat the same mage tower content you made several posts about being to hard, I can see why you'd want to be hidden.

Good luck!
03/30/2018 05:47 AMPosted by Voodoofoo

Then when I see you under performing on the dps/healing meters I will kick you from my group.

Actually, that would NOT happen.
Because I would NEVER join a group like yours.

Elitists PLEASE check to see if wowlogs is blocked BEFORE INVITING.

Let us save EACH OTHER a lot of HEADACHES.
03/30/2018 05:30 AMPosted by Rastlin

You're logs will still be there but when a person other than you wants to check it, they'll just get the following message
At the request of this character's owner, all parses involving this character have been hidden.

I like privacy too, hence why I did it. But I would rather prefer to be able to remove all that type of data on non offlicial blizzard websites, as I don't really trust them nor want them to have my data.
Is someone going to steal your credit card because they know how much damage you do in raids?
03/30/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Werbatim
I have never invited a player to a raid or dungeon that had hidden logs. This saves me the headache of having leeches like Rastlin in my raids and dungeons. I also don't get what you think you gain from this or what hiding your raider.io score would do for you. You wouldn't be getting into groups that care about score or are doing hard enough dungeons that score is relevant with a hidden score or your current score of 670. Hiding that 670 would really be showing the man whose boss lol.

BTW I saw rastlin's logs a few weeks ago he is a 12% best average parser and has a amun'thul's vision. Life really can't get more unfair. I wonder why people with more skill don't tend to want to hide their logs. It is almost like they are not ashamed of them or something. ;)

Very well said.