PSA: How to Block Warcraft Logs

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
03/30/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Rastlin
03/30/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Empathetic
lol. if someone said that to me I'd reply with "I passed 2 logs 10 mins ago, can show you a pic wanna see?" . Probably I'd never hear from them again but making a joke is always worth it for me :)

WELL SAID!

If enough people BLOCK this hateful site it will drive the Elitists NUTS. (That Warcraft Log site was NUTS.....GET IT? :) )

It is truly a PLEASURE and DELIGHT to see the Elitists get a slap in the face for a change!

Why would it bother the 'elitists' if they can't see your logs? You are getting the decline either way.
03/30/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Rastlin
03/30/2018 05:47 AMPosted by Voodoofoo

Then when I see you under performing on the dps/healing meters I will kick you from my group.

Actually, that would NOT happen.
Because I would NEVER join a group like yours.

Elitists PLEASE check to see if wowlogs is blocked BEFORE INVITING.

Let us save EACH OTHER a lot of HEADACHES.

You do know that 99.9% of the playerbase uses some form of damage meters right?
Most pugs for Normal/Heroic raids only require a Blue/Purple average parse, which isn't that hard to accomplish with some simple knowledge about how your class/spec works. If the leader is going to invest time into you by inviting you to the group, they have every right to know if you can play your character somewhat efficiently.
03/30/2018 05:30 AMPosted by Rastlin

Once you have linked the accounts, go back into settings and you will see each toon. Next to it will have an option to toggle visibility of the logs. Simply click that, and you will be the only one able to view your logs. Which is nice if you want to monitor your own progress! But also will eliminate the need for others to see it.
You're logs will still be there but when a person other than you wants to check it, they'll just get the following message
At the request of this character's owner, all parses involving this character have been hidden.

I like privacy too, hence why I did it. But I would rather prefer to be able to remove all that type of data on non offlicial blizzard websites, as I don't really trust them nor want them to have my data.

I love that message "at the request of the owner all parses have been hidden"

I LOVE IT.

Hey Elistists! (not you Chilayllenn)
Feel that tingling on your cheeks? That is from the slap in the face!
03/30/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Zanther

Which is 99% of all groups made for raid/mythic+ content
Not really, most M+ just have a ilvl req and would ask for an achieve link. Raidio/ logs play no real role outside of the small elitists.

I normally don't bother with m+ though as there seems to be alot of elitists centered around there. But meh, I got lots of normal mythic, heroic, and normal to play through still. So no harm no fowl.

Can never really stand elitists tbh.

But you're the one being declined from everything, probably for good reason.

You're actually doing us the favor.
03/30/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Zanther
03/30/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Rastlin

Actually, that would NOT happen.
Because I would NEVER join a group like yours.

Elitists PLEASE check to see if wowlogs is blocked BEFORE INVITING.

Let us save EACH OTHER a lot of HEADACHES.

I do know there is an add on (recount I believe) that does damage/heal meters.

QUESTION: Does this meter use wowlogs or is it some other form of data collection?
03/30/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Kirela
Um... how does this work exactly? If I go raid with my guild this week and I turn off my logs does it just hide me in the guilds logs like I wasn't even there?

Ye gods that sounds weird as heck. I'm sorry OP that you can't be proud of your logs and you have to hide them. I guess it's good that players have options though...

No. I just disabled my stuff to check and I'm still visible in the parses. It simply does not display or link to them on my individual profile.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/reportslist/295106/
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/staghelm/nixxea

Not sure what the sidebar is, but I have that disabled as well for the moment. I can't see any obvious difference corresponding to that change though.
...You're logs will still be there but when a person other than you wants to check it, they'll just get the following message ...

I like privacy too, hence why I did it. But I would rather prefer to be able to remove all that type of data on non offlicial blizzard websites, as I don't really trust them nor want them to have my data.

I LOVE IT.

Yeah. That stinging slap of not inviting you and taking the next guy in the queue. You sure showed me.

“Elitists” don’t get some childlike glee from looking at your logs. They’re just using it as a vetting tool. They have no personal stake in your logs. This isn’t the great revolution you think it is.
Blocking logs isn't "standing up to elitists".
All it's going to make them do is think you're trash because you hid your logs on your profile and decline your invite.
03/30/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Rastlin
03/30/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Zanther

QUESTION: Does this meter use wowlogs or is it some other form of data collection?
It does real-time analysis using the ingame combat log. No you can’t exclude yourself from it as it as it’s just watching you and reporting the results as they happen.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Lol it's not JUST recount. There are at least 3 meters that track healing/dps done as well as some other stuff depending on the one you use. It's directly in the game too so bummer for you!

Also, the one I use I think can track things like when someone does a certain thing or doesn't do it, and maybe even cause of a death? But I haven't bothered to look so I could be wrong, now I think I should.
You should retitle this thread PSA: How to never be invited to a group worth their salt.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Recount
Skada
Details.

By the way, the data is recorded by whoever is in your group (dmg meters). You sure showed us!
03/30/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Reshyk

I LOVE IT.

Yeah. That stinging slap of not inviting you and taking the next guy in the queue. You sure showed me.

“Elitists” don’t get some childlike glee from looking at your logs. They’re just using it as a vetting tool. They have no personal stake in your logs. This isn’t the great revolution you think it is.

A "Vetting Tool".....in a GAME.....that I PAY FOR.

LOL
It's ok to be bad at WoW, or at video games in general. I just hope you don't expect to be able to force your badness on other people. If you do, then you're in for a tough time.
... Yeah. That stinging slap of not inviting you and taking the next guy in the queue. You sure showed me.

LOL

Pfft. You pay for access to the game, nothing more. Interactions with other players is entirely on you and them. Also, I already mentioned that blizz owns your account as well as everything on it, not you.

Recount
Skada
Details.

By the way, your data is still recorded by whoever is recording the group. Guess you showed us!

That is kind of what I thought. Just wanted to be clear.
And yes I did "SHOW YOU" in that by BLOCKING the logs you can not use your "Vetting Tool" in advance.
I do JUST FINE in raids and those parses are BOGUS. (As all the discussion of "padding" in other threads PROVE.)

But FINE, PLEASE do not invite me to your group if you check logs in advance.

I DO NOT want to be part of the Elitist Click
Why don't you make your own groups?
<span class="truncated">...</span> Yeah. That stinging slap of not inviting you and taking the next guy in the queue. You sure showed me.

LOL
No one is force-quitting your application or anything. You’re not paying for the right to raid, you’re paying for the right to play WoW. No other player can ever take that away from you. But “elitists” pay their monthly sub too and they get decide that they don’t want to be in a group with you because they have reason to believe you wouldn’t be able to contribute to the ultimate success of the group. If you get into a group that doesn’t care well then good on you. I hope you have a wonderful time.

I just don’t see why you think you’re making some grand statement against people who check logs. They’re going to play the same way they always have, and likely winning as their groups are made up entirely of above-average players.