PSA: How to Block Warcraft Logs

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
03/30/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Whiteknight
03/30/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Rastlin

As I mentioned, an "Opt IN" would be preferable.
And as mentioned before all you are doing is admitting you're terrible.

Instead of complaining about a system that reveals your flaws why not actually get better?

Numerous resources and online videos.

I use no healing addons and manage to parse purple. get gud.

It's actually incredibly easy to parse highly as a healer. All the healer mains out there might fight me, but compared to dps, it's astronimically easier.

Anyways, yeah i don't see the point of this. Seems like it just wastes time, because hiding logs might get you invited, but once they seee you suck, they'll just kick you anyways. It's not elitist, it's about not wasting time.
03/30/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Rrayy
03/30/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Yrenyos

No, it's not.
Yes it is. Anything is possible if enough people put their minds to it.
Not for nothing but “putting your mind to it” generally means reading logs, learning, and improving. Contrary to popular belief hitting your keys harder can only get you so far. Purple parsers weren’t struck by the bolt of Zeus to gift them with unnatural talent. They learned the game, they learned their class, and they squeezed as much performance as they could out of their character. Anyone can do it. They just have to want to.
03/30/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Reshyk
03/30/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Rrayy
...Where you are flawed you arbitrarily picked the bottom 50%. If you get enough players on the high end to block it, I can guarantee you things would change.
I picked the bottom 50% because I’m skeptical that the top 50% would go along with it. Those are the kind of people who want to get into groups, who know how to get the most out of their class, and they want people to know that they can perform.

It basically comes down to this, if you want to join someone’s group and they ask, “why should I take you over anyone else?” Which option will you pick? Your choices are: “I have no reason for you to do that” or “Here’s my resume. I kick !@#. *mic drop*”
You shouldn't be skeptical. There can be players on the high end who are tired of treating this video game like a job and just want to have fun. Apparently a lot of raiders forgot about that concept.
03/30/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Rastlin
03/30/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Kirela
Um... how does this work exactly? If I go raid with my guild this week and I turn off my logs does it just hide me in the guilds logs like I wasn't even there?

Ye gods that sounds weird as heck. I'm sorry OP that you can't be proud of your logs and you have to hide them. I guess it's good that players have options though...

It is MY DATA and it is PRIVATE and NO ONES BUSINESS.

I can look at my own logs of course.

Bottom Line: My Data is PRIVATE.

Baddies say stuff like that. You must be bad
03/30/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Yrenyos

No, it's not.
Yes it is. Anything is possible if enough people put their minds to it.

No, it's not.
03/30/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Grafty
03/30/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Rastlin
Not sure how to prove wasn't "carried".

Funny you should mention that, there's this website called Warcraftlogs.com....

Well, beyond that there is just looking at the armory. I would guess he mains resto and got AotC that way. The the int enchant, gem, and legendary choice (like he just doesn't have anything good for enhance) suggest that enhance is not his main spec. All from Blizzard publicly posting all this private data, even.
03/30/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Reshyk
...Yes it is. Anything is possible if enough people put their minds to it.
Not for nothing but “putting your mind to it” generally means reading logs, learning, and improving. Contrary to popular belief hitting your keys harder can only get you so far. Purple parsers weren’t struck by the bolt of Zeus to gift them with unnatural talent. They learned the game, they learned their class, and they squeezed as much performance as they could out of their character. Anyone can do it. They just have to want to.
Not the point I was making. He said it wasn't possible for people to band together to stop posting logs. That is false. That is entirely possible if people put their mind to do that.
03/30/2018 08:12 AMPosted by Rrayy

From your attitude I'm not surprised you don't work well with others.
I work just fine with others. Never assume like that.

Clearly you don't because "elitists" are a major problem for you.

Take the time to be a better player and drop the victim attitude and you'll go far in this game.
It basically comes down to this, if you want to join someone’s group and they ask, “why should I take you over anyone else?” Which option will you pick? Your choices are: “I have no reason for you to do that” or “Here’s my resume. I kick !@#. *mic drop*”

How dare an employer ask for my job history. That's my privet information I didn't opt in for this. /s
03/30/2018 05:30 AMPosted by Rastlin
it is a slap in the face
Yep, it's a Rastlin troll thread.
...I work just fine with others. Never assume like that.

Clearly you don't because "elitists" are a major problem for you.

Take the time to be a better player and drop the victim attitude and you'll go far in this game.
Once again you assume therefore you are wrong. I get along with people fine. I have plenty of people I play with in game, in guilds, and friends in the game as well. I have no issue with them. Doesn't mean there are no elitist raiders within the guilds.

Stop making assumptions because you are just making yourself look worse every time you do it.
03/30/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Rrayy
... I picked the bottom 50% because I’m skeptical that the top 50% would go along with it. Those are the kind of people who want to get into groups, who know how to get the most out of their class, and they want people to know that they can perform.

You shouldn't be skeptical. There can be players on the high end who are tired of treating this video game like a job and just want to have fun. Apparently a lot of raiders forgot about that concept.
And I know just as many people who love going over the numbers and finding ways to improve. That’s why I raid. I like the challenge and I like the puzzle.

Obviously you’d probably get a couple high-end parsers here and there to help make your statement. But the truth is that most of them have no reason to care. Heck just look at this thread. How much support are you getting in this thread alone? And you’re telling me you want to start a wide-reaching movement that affects Mythic raiders by starving them out of raiders? I’ll believe it when I see it.
03/30/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Reshyk
...You shouldn't be skeptical. There can be players on the high end who are tired of treating this video game like a job and just want to have fun. Apparently a lot of raiders forgot about that concept.
And I know just as many people who love going over the numbers and finding ways to improve. That’s why I raid. I like the challenge and I like the puzzle.

Obviously you’d probably get a couple high-end parsers here and there to help make your statement. But the truth is that most of them have no reason to care. Heck just look at this thread. How much support are you getting in this thread alone? And you’re telling me you want to start a wide-reaching movement that affects Mythic raiders by starving them out of raiders? I’ll believe it when I see it.
The forums have never been a majority of anything. And trust me, I have seen more than enough examples of players in game who treat the game like a job and a chore that you really wonder how bad their life must be. Fun is definitely a concept that a lot of raiders have forgotten about.
Now we only wish CANCER.IO I mean raider.io had an opt out feature like warcraftlogs does.
I swear if I see one more post with every 3rd word caps locked I may have to push Rastlin into the Maelstrom.
... I picked the bottom 50% because I’m skeptical that the top 50% would go along with it. Those are the kind of people who want to get into groups, who know how to get the most out of their class, and they want people to know that they can perform.

Not sure why this ‘job’ label keeps coming into play. A lot of people like to try and do well in their hobbies. It comes across like a copout when used most of the time. Hell RPGs are notoriously more effort heavy then FPS or action/adventure games.
03/30/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Kirela
03/30/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Rastlin

It is MY DATA and it is PRIVATE and NO ONES BUSINESS.

I can look at my own logs of course.

Bottom Line: My Data is PRIVATE.

It's not. It's not your data it's blizzards. You don't even own your account why do you think the armory is up there for everyone to see? All you're doing is culling the number of raids you could potentially get into and the only reason to do that is you have something to hide.

You assume a person has something to hide...Why?
Personally I have nothing to hide but I also don't see a reason why I should share even a little bit of information with someone over a hobby.
Same reason I don't use Facebook, Twitter, or any number of other social media platforms.
It's not hiding anything, it's principal.
03/30/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Rastlin
A "Vetting Tool".....in a GAME.....that I PAY FOR.

LOL

Yes, that happens when you're forming a group for content that requires a certain level of play.

This is a hilarious thread. I applaud you.
03/30/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Searik
...You shouldn't be skeptical. There can be players on the high end who are tired of treating this video game like a job and just want to have fun. Apparently a lot of raiders forgot about that concept.

Not sure why this ‘job’ label keeps coming into play. A lot of people like to try and do well in their hobbies. It comes across like a copout when used most of the time. Hell RPGs are notoriously more effort heavy then FPS or action/adventure games.
Indeed. My response to that is generally, “winning is fun.” To clarify I don’t mean that you should do everything in your power to win to the point where the game isn’t fun anymore, but to me, going through the effort to improve my performance IS fun! Why would I join your crusade to take away one of my best tools for that and find other people who feel the same?

I’m the same way with all my hobbies. In addition to WoW I also do martial arts and pinball. In both of those I use available resources to pinpoint where I’m failing and I get better. I don’t like going halfway on things. Call it a pride thing but to me, that’s fun. So stop assuming there’s some huge group of drones who are somehow beaten down by the WoW giant and have forgotten what fun is. You don’t speak for anyone but yourself.