Blizzard

General Discussion
We're starting BFA sour. Deathknights can't be allied races because "we start at 55 and don't know how to code starting at 58 and not letting you get heritage armor"
Then, we have few few, if any at all, changes on the alpha so we have nothing new to play around with.

The worst for me is this "tier" set that looks like someone watched too much anime http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/726248.jpg

I am a deathknight, and I raid for transmog. You're cutting off a part of the community from the new races, and you're forcing personal loot with titanforging in your raid and expect us to share an armor type with a paladin? What the hell is your reasoning behind this. WE just had a class fantasy expansion and we had a very nice looking first tier set for EN/NH, why can't you go back and just make transmog sets without any tier bonuses if you're sick of them? Because I don't know about you, but M+ is easier and has better gear so if both transmogs suck.. guess which one im gonna do all the time.

Neither, because im not playing BFA until deathknights get content.
04/20/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Stormdk
The worst for me is this "tier" set that looks like someone watched too much anime http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/726248.jpg

I don't watch anime, so I can't say if it looks like anime or not, but it's a very Kul'Tiran-Roman look to me.

Not very DK-y though. I don't find many sets suit DKs, mostly old ones, and mix-and-match tmog looks. Almost none fit my vision of a DK aside from the starter sets.

Neither, because im not playing BFA until deathknights get content.

Might as well quit wow, because it's not going to happen.
You don't need new DK's. You WANT new DK's but realize how unreasonable it is to demand it like that so disguise it like a neccessity. Let's stop being a snowflake and just take a moment to enjoy the small things in life instead of finding every little thing to complain about. Life gets easier that way I promise. You can do this. You will get through this. It is going to be okay.
04/20/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Rottedflesh
You don't need new DK's.

This.
what are you complaining about? you're a DK! you are already special. you don't need a re-skin. heritage armor? you already have like 4 sets special made just for your class including a starter set. get a grip dude.
Dks DID start at 55. They got special armor and mounts. I remember the hype when they released dks. You're complaining about something that shouldn't even be a complaint. You were already special to begin with...
You don't need new DK's. You WANT new DK's but realize how unreasonable it is to demand it like that so disguise it like a neccessity. Let's stop being a snowflake and just take a moment to enjoy the small things in life instead of finding every little thing to complain about. Life gets easier that way I promise. You can do this. You will get through this. It is going to be okay.

How is it unreasonable? Every race can be a warrior, why can't they all be deathknights?
Nothing is stopping a blood elf from being a deathknight and then being void touched
Nothing is stopping the LK to rez Dark Iron Dwarves, Zandalari trolls, or Kultiran humans.
Nothing is stopping us personally rezz'ing high mountain tauren, nightborne, mag'hor orcs, or pandaren.

If they can make worgen work, then they can make anything but the light forged draenei work.

1. I like that set. It's very Centurion.

2. If you think that looks anime, you haven't watched anime.
Why would a Nightborne/Highmountain Tauren/Void Elf/Lightforged Draenei/etc ever be a DK? Would they go back in time to being killed, raised, and led by Arthas? Do you want an entirely new starting zone just for Allied Races?

This is why DKs and DHs are different from Allied Races. Hero Classes are about the class and their place in the story when introduced, they are heroes of that expansion that tag along after their story is done. They aren't meant to have additions down the line retrofitted back to suit them.
04/20/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Stormdk

How is it unreasonable? Every race can be a warrior, why can't they all be deathknights?
Nothing is stopping a blood elf from being a deathknight and then being void touched
Nothing is stopping the LK to rez Dark Iron Dwarves, Zandalari trolls, or Kultiran humans.
Nothing is stopping us personally rezz'ing high mountain tauren, nightborne, mag'hor orcs, or pandaren.

It's unreasonable to say you will quit a game if your demands for cosmetics arent met. That is how a 6 year old asks for things. If you want to sound like a reasonable adult then you should ask it as a suggestion that you would like to see added to the game because you'd enjoy it. Huge difference there.

The lore is what stops them from doing it btw, and I hope it stays that way.
Why would a Nightborne/Highmountain Tauren/Void Elf/Lightforged Draenei/etc ever be a DK? Would they go back in time to being killed, raised, and led by Arthas? Do you want an entirely new starting zone just for Allied Races?

[/quote]

Void Elf: Blood Elf dk that wanted to be void touched
Nightborne/Highmountain, died in battle and can be rezzed by "the Deathlord"
Lightforged make 0 sense, that's as dumb as a undead paladin

And did you even read my post? It only takes them starting at level 58 outside of the lichking start zone and be unable to acquire heritage armor. They already level through zones in the past so they're already going back in time to do stuff that isn't current time.
expect us to share an armor type with a paladin?

I hate to agree with OP becuase of obvious reasons, but I have to with this point. This whole 1 armor set per armor type is total and utter b.s. I mean, I wouldn't mind them doing away with class specific sets if they at the very least came up with multiple armor sets per armor type from the same raid. Perhaps just another 1 or 2 xmog sets for each armor type.

But unfortunately, it just looks like Blizzard are being super lazy and cutting more corners.

I mean, unless I missed something? Are there going to be multiple armor sets (or xmog sets) per raid?
04/20/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Sincubus

This is why DKs and DHs are different from Allied Races. Hero Classes are about the class and their place in the story when introduced, they are heroes of that expansion that tag along after their story is done. They aren't meant to have additions down the line retrofitted back to suit them.

You’re 100% correct but talking to a wall of stupid. Player dks are not ordinary dks hence everyone in our order hall technically follows our orders. All the npc dks we Rez are not nearly on the players level, and the player level dks were a special project of arthas w/frostmourne to assault lights hope. not going to stop the whining though.
04/20/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Stormdk
Not asking for heritage armor

and not letting you get heritage armor"
I'll admit I would like Velfs to be pallys and DKs but I'm not quitting because I don't get to see my preferred armor looks on both sides.
04/20/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Karolynn
04/20/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Stormdk
Not asking for heritage armor

and not letting you get heritage armor"

" Deathknights can't be allied races because "we start at 55 and don't know how to code starting at 58 and not letting you get heritage armor" " !@#$%^-
As if we need any more races that can be deathknights lol.
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/726248.jpg

More like played too much skyrim.
04/20/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Baridorielor
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/726248.jpg

More like played too much skyrim.

About to say, looks like someone straight up ripped off Skyrim Dwarven armor. Even just about the same color too.