The "Lost Currency" Letter

General Discussion
Why does this keep showing up in our mailbox? It *literally* never has anything in it except for the letter saying 'we've already put the currency into your inventory.'

Edit: I know that the currency gets/got added to my bags already. I'm saying, what's the point of the letter?
Regardless of what is said in the letter, the way it actually works is that it will be added directly to your currency the next time you log in. I didn't realize that for the longest time either, but I was told that after asking about it in relation to Veiled Argunite and found that it did indeed work that way.
04/14/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Swålsh
Why does this keep showing up in our mailbox? It *literally* never has anything in it except for the letter saying 'we've already put the currency into your inventory.'

You probably got a currency that you did not see hit your bag.
Ah. I did get one of those letters, and I assumed that the currency was added behind the scenes, so I didn't worry about it... but also, I logged into a character yesterday the first thing that hits my chat feed, after guild note, is "you gained 34 order resources."

...so, yeah. That's how that works.
if you had read it you would've seen that you get the currency after next login.
I know that the currency gets added to my bag 'behind the scenes.' There's no point to the letter IMO.
Actually some currencies have caps - sometimes you get the letter because you capped and coun't pick up the currency.

It also lets you know that if the currency did have a cap, you might also be closer to it now.

We don't all sit there and look at our currency tab 24 /7
04/14/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Kazecap
Actually some currencies have caps - sometimes you get the letter because you capped and coun't pick up the currency.

It also lets you know that if the currency did have a cap, you might also be closer to it now.

If you're capped, does it send you the letter with currency in it?
04/14/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Swålsh
04/14/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Kazecap

If you're capped, does it send you the letter with currency in it?

No. If you're capped, anything over the cap goes "poof". The letter is partly (I think) to alert you to the fact that some currency may have fallen off into the bit bucket (to use a very old expression).
04/14/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Swålsh
I know that the currency gets added to my bag 'behind the scenes.' There's no point to the letter IMO.

/shrug

It just lets you know to expect it. Some currencies are simply abandoned where they lie.
04/14/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Swålsh
There's quite a big point to the letter: to let you know how much of what currency you'll get. Which helps out if you're doing it for a quest so that you know if you need to go get more or just relog.

And some people just want to know instead of thinking they got screwed out of stuff that should've been in a chest that disappeared or a dungeon they left, etc.

It's Blizz's way of saying, "Hey, no need to put in a ticket-- you did get your stuff!"