LFR bosses a bit too high of damage sponges

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
04/15/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Arlec
04/15/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Zoya
People that want LFR removed can never make a good valid point as to why it should be removed. Makes me laugh.
Some players are providing valid points but they're disregarded because change is bad. I personally think LFR is a cesspool of toxicity, players should be forming groups in group finder instead.
This proves my point. You think it's a cesspool of toxicity. Then DON'T DO IT? You can form your own group. There is ZERO reason why you have to do LFR. Other people like myself would rather jump in an LFR real quick to knock out a quest than deal with tryin to find a group in group finder only to be turned down because they feel my gear or experience is lacking.

So yeah in return I think group finder groups are a "cesspool of toxicity". Maybe I think that feature should be removed? Oh wait, I just avoid it.

My point is that taking the time to create and implement one, including the UI changes that would go with it, isn't value added. .

I feel it would be as valuable as having a universal damage addon. We're free to disagree.
04/15/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Kuranna
"We need to defeat the legion. Hey Velen do you have a space ship for us to use?"

"I sure do, let's go to argus"
All of that is explained in the game without needing to go into a raid.

"Why did that planet appear in the sky?"

"I dunno, reasons?"

"What happened to the Lich King?"

"I dunno, he died?"

"What about Deathwing? He was setting zones on fire and then he stopped, why?"

"Reasons"

None of it makes sense unless you go into the raids and do them. LFR allows that. And allows paying customers, regardless of how bad they are, to see the story they paid for.

Nobody is stopping you from joining a normal raid group and doing the content.
04/15/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Teneea
Why is it so bad to wipe a few times until you get it? I don't think they should take out the possibility to fail.

I agree there should absolutely be a possibility to fail but i disagree with tuning the numbers to a point where even if you have a group full of people who are the appropriate item level for the raid in question all doing their job more or less how they're meant to with 99% of the raid alive it should be a one shot.

If feels like they're designed to be a fail 2-3 times per boss by design when the group is full of people for whom the content is actually designed for.
04/15/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Arlec
04/15/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Zoya
People that want LFR removed can never make a good valid point as to why it should be removed. Makes me laugh.
Some players are providing valid points but they're disregarded because change is bad. I personally think LFR is a cesspool of toxicity, players should be forming groups in group finder instead.

Normal argus clear AOTC required bads kicked (insert some dumb asmogold thing here) ilvl 960+ required.
04/15/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Zoya
Other people like myself would rather jump in an LFR real quick to knock out a quest than deal with tryin to find a group in group finder only to be turned down because they feel my gear or experience is lacking.

The beauty of group finder is that you can form your own group as well. I don't think convenience is worth having an aspect of the game that is a breeding ground for apathy and toxicity.

I also find it interesting that this forum complains so much about toxicity, yet they don't want to actually do something about it besides asking Blizzard to micro manage players which is virtually impossible. PS - I don't do raid finder if that answers your question, I do not enable the toxicity and apathy I was referring to.
04/15/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Kugsneak
fights just feel too long, like excessive

like devs testing the longest possible fights they can force on us without burning us out in repetition

the point is fun right? not to just draw it out to increase metrics?

Well, no, people are just pretty terrible at playing their classes in LFR.
fights just feel too long, like excessive

like devs testing the longest possible fights they can force on us without burning us out in repetition

Dont like LFR dont do LFR..
04/15/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Eret
Normal argus clear AOTC required bads kicked (insert some dumb asmogold thing here) ilvl 960+ required.
Not if it was raid finder difficulty level, anyone who did that would be laughed at. Also, form your own group and make your own rules.
When people are doing 200k on 920 characters its going to take long. LFR is probably designed around 450K-500K for normal clear times. When people do half of that and there are not carry DPS the fights take significantly longer.
How low do you actually want the bar set? Maybe just mail you the loot each week? If you want the time/effort required to clear the content reduced are you ok with the rewards also being reduced? That is how generally it works in this game.

It should be pointed out that Blizz isn't just interested in the amount of time we spend logged in, but what we spend that time doing. Do you really think it's as simple as "long is good", lol? This isn't a bunch of kindergartners, it's a multi-billion dollar corporation. They look at the amount of time players spend doing different activities and hopefully learn what we spend our time doing, and adjust whatever.
04/15/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Zoya
04/15/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Vandragora
just remove LFR and be done with it
Then I demand you carry me in your raid group so I can see the story content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9VZrxWa4Qs

There you go, story content.
Now can we remove the worst system in WoW?
04/15/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Arlec
04/15/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Zoya
Other people like myself would rather jump in an LFR real quick to knock out a quest than deal with tryin to find a group in group finder only to be turned down because they feel my gear or experience is lacking.

The beauty of group finder is that you can form your own group as well. I don't think convenience is worth having an aspect of the game that is a breeding ground for apathy and toxicity.

I also find it interesting that this forum complains so much about toxicity, yet they don't want to actually do something about it besides asking Blizzard to micro manage players which is virtually impossible. PS - I don't do raid finder if that answers your question, I do not enable the toxicity and apathy I was referring to.
You still have yet to give a valid reason why LFR should be taken out. Again you dodge the fact you YOU yourself never have to use it. You want it taken away from others for some unknown reason.

P.S. There is far more toxicity from people like you who most likely go into LFR and cause trouble than from the average casual person just tryin to get some small upgrade or knock out a quest from their mission table. It's people like you that make comments in LFR like, "anyone under X dps just delete your character!"

Don't like LFR? Don't do it.
Don't like LFD? Don't do it.
Sometimes you gotta put effort in to see the content.

And sometimes you gotta carry people who are too lazy to do the content because everybody has to.
04/15/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Gravelord
Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if half the raid wasn't doing sub-400k dps
I think that's kinda the OPs point. In LFR you quite frequently have players who put in very little effort (afkers or early deaths) as well as players who legitimately struggle to deal anywhere close to what their class is capable of.

The fact that the requirement is only to be 890ilvl makes it that much worse, especially at the moment when so many players will be relatively fresh 110s or boosts. Essentially LFR has to be designed so that it can be cleared without much drama by a group consisting entirely of grey/green-parsing players at an 890 ilvl. As it currently stands there are quite a few bosses that simply cannot be done by a group like that without them hitting high determination stacks.

This doesn't take into account that players die because they're terrible. How many runs have you had where it is 1 or 2 healers carrying the group while 3 of them do 150k hps? How many runs have you had where 3-5 dps are sitting at 1.5M+ while 5-10 sit at 200k? How many runs have you barely gotten a kill because 80% of the raid is dead?

I hate to say it, but it's almost time to go back to early WoD LFR where having 3-4 semi-capable players guaranteed a kill even if the 20 others were afk or dead.
04/15/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Jamalia
They look at the amount of time players spend doing different activities and hopefully learn what we spend our time doing, and adjust whatever.

Unfortunately, with this they could see some thing like "oh, they are spending a lot of time doing dailies/world quests, they must love them" when really most people would rather do less of those and get into the real fun parts of the game, like PvP and raids/M+.
I'm not a fan of LFR in particular, but the whole point is that it's supposed to feel like a raid. Just an easy version.

That means that the boss fights are relatively long. LFR will just have simpler, less threatening mechanics.

Other than grabbing some gear on a fresh alt, LFR is not a bad place to practice a dps rotation that you are unfamiliar with. That is partially because the fights last long enough to simulate a raid environment.

If it were up to me, I think that I would try to reduce the raid size a bit in LFR, but maybe they think that would also increase the queue times.

Speaking to a broader point, this argument about metrics really gets overused.

Often it becomes just another way of saying, "I want this to be completely effortless and take no time at all." If it takes some time and effort, then that is evil Blizzard trying to pad their metrics.

I've been doing some LFR recently to gear an alt, the only bosses that are likely to cause a wipe are Coven and Argus. It's fine if the raid has a decent chance to wipe on those bosses.

Archimonde was significantly worse in LFR.
04/15/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Vandragora
just remove LFR and be done with it

Just do away with guilds and be done with it
Haha... wait.... haha. Ok sorry just going to wait in the corner for classic. Haha