Something needs to be done about CC in PvP

General Discussion
Hey all,
So I've been PvPing a lot and have noticed that the amount of CC in this expanion pack is insane. When you join a BG and you fight someone, they will just pop CC over and over again until you die. I did some research and it seems like a lot of people on the forums agree with this.
My suggestion is nerfing some of the CC durations or buffing diminished returns because at its current state, PvP is not very fun since you lose control of your character for so long and then just get shredded in a BG.
CC is actually pretty light this expansion in comparison to others. I would say it is in a good place.

Even if Blizzard did balance this game around random BGs, which would be awful, it would be even worse to do what you're saying. Warlords of Draenor was a good example of what happens when you limit everyones CC and the PvP turns into a DPS slug fest. It is pretty boring.
One time playing my feral drood, I stunlocked a rogue. Was my single greatest pvp moment.

Players like yourself have been constantly complaining about CC since the start. It wont change much you can count on it.
04/15/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Malatov
what happens when you limit everyones CC and the PvP turns into a DPS slug fest. It is pretty boring.

As stated, PvP is just cc and dps vs healing.

Without the cc its just dps vs healing.
04/15/2018 04:53 PMPosted by ßabak
I've been PvPing a lot and have noticed that the amount of CC in this expanion pack is insane

Relative to what we've had in the past? No, it really isn't.

When you join a BG and you fight someone, they will just pop CC over and over again until you die

Sounds like you got caught, friend. Might want to work on spacing/positioning.

Or not picking fights you can't win.

I did some research and it seems like a lot of people on the forums agree with this.

You say that like it means literally anything.
the amount of CC in this expanion pack is insane

It's the lowest it's ever been. I can't even Gouge on my sub rogues anymore- it was key for energy pooling, an interrupt, getting position, or restealthing.

At least we agree it's broken.

: )
CC is fine, no pruning
I'd be up for a bit more CC not less.

Deep freeze, gouge, disarms, etc.
How to fix pvp in WoW.

1 skill = damage.

1 skill = CC.

1 skill = remove CC.

How to make pvp fun.

Don't balance it.

Give back everything you removed.
When you join a BG and you fight someone, they will just pop CC over and over again until you die.

WHat is this mythical CC popping class?
Hey all,
So I've been PvPing a lot and have noticed that the amount of CC in this expanion pack is insane. When you join a BG and you fight someone, they will just pop CC over and over again until you die. I did some research and it seems like a lot of people on the forums agree with this.
My suggestion is nerfing some of the CC durations or buffing diminished returns because at its current state, PvP is not very fun since you lose control of your character for so long and then just get shredded in a BG.

*rubs temples*

Okay...no. I don't agree with you at all. This unfortunately is on you. PvP is not about everyone being able to do DPS rotations. Find out ways to counter people or lure them into bad positions that favor you.
Less is not more. You need more AND different abilities for entertaining and effective counterplay. The very fact that I will die faster trying to fear a melee off me rather than just sitting in drain mode while I out heal his 25% nerfed damage is just boring.

Though for once it is nice to be able to plant my rear end in one spot while a dk is inside pillars and just laugh at him instead of running away like a raccoon when the backdoor light is turned on is a nice thing to experience.
It actually seems reasonable this expansion, at least in BG's.
Hey all,

Another case of GIT GUD
04/15/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Poothe
CC is fine, no pruning

They already did pruning swapping baseline stuns to talents. That alone killed some classes performance by force choosing a stun talent to be effective in pvp while other classes have it easy because they have it as baseline.

PvP has gotten worst years later after BC and Wotlk.
cc diminish returns needs big buff.
This has been a complaint literally every expansion even after they pruned.

It's a part of the genre.
04/15/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Shirt
It's a part of the genre.

Yeah WoW's genre which is why it gets bad flak.
They're nerfing aoe stuns in bfa.
sometimes i think its funny when i am stun/stun/silenced, hammer of seriouslyguy???, gripped, then snared from the twerp mage I kept spamming moonfire on... back to back

those moments you just gotta laugh at and just rethink your positioning.

and cast entangling roots on every bloody thing that moves. >:P