Proof that Deepwind Gorge is worst RBG

General Discussion
https://ibb.co/kdmBMn
https://ibb.co/favtZ7

This is a 15 MAN BG, it does NOT function properly with 10 people.

Remove this from the RBG queue.
thnx.
You know that you can outheal and outkill the opposite team yet still lose in every single BG, right?
04/15/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Teneea
You know that you can outheal and outkill the opposite team yet still lose in every single BG, right?

Trust me buddy, that's the rule in Deepwind, not the exception. In any other BG such drastically skewed metrics would be an auto win.

Deepwind does not function as intended with 10 (20) players instead of 15 (30).

Give each team 5 more people with those metrics and it would be a 3-cap curbstomp instead of a loss.
I looked at the images. My impression is that the 'proof' is that when one team is getting farmed by the other, the first team has little chance of winning.

Is there something in those screenshots that were relevant to just the BG in question? If so, please indicate for those of us slow of understanding.
04/15/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Jamalia
I looked at the images. My impression is that the 'proof' is that when one team is getting farmed by the other, the first team has little chance of winning.

Is there something in those screenshots that were relevant to just the BG in question? If so, please indicate for those of us slow of understanding.

I'm gonna sum it for most people that visit this thread and don't do RBGs with something they have most likely experienced:

In Alterac Valley, the team that fights (PvP fights) the least almost always wins. Deepwind Gorge is a great battleground when it's 15v15 in randoms, but in RBG mode it's reduced to 10v10, making Deepwind the AV of the RBG pool.

The opposing team only needs to survive long enough for their DH tank's mobility CD's to reset once (which isn't that long), after that they we can drop them all like flies and it won't make the slightest difference. You're actually better off not killing them and having several people simply SLOW the enemy DH, no matter where he is.

Twice in that 18 minute RBG we had them briefly 3-capped for about 15-20 seconds. Never once did they have more than a single base Absolutely retarded BG when it's 10v10. Try winning Deepwind when it's 15v15 after being 3-capped while failing to get any KB's...never gonna happen.

The AV analogy/example is the best one I can give that most players and forums users can relate to.
Maybe it's just a case of good defense on their part. When your team did more damage and healing, it indicates that you were mostly offensive but still did not manage to cap a node or cart.

I assume you guys won the initial team fight, but the opposing team managed to outcap you?
You didnt play objectives well enough it seems. The point is not to kill and heal more than the other team. It helps a ton if you play objectives.
04/15/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Fiznazzle
You didnt play objectives well enough it seems. The point is not to kill and heal more than the other team. It helps a ton if you play objectives.

I'm fully aware of that. I'm Prestige and hit 1900 RBG last season in my first RBG foray as an Hpriest.

However, when an enemy team is outkilled and outhealed that SEVERELY in any other RBG the objectives cannot be completed by them.

We had a total of 31 KB's, they had a total of 6 (4 in actuality since they only got their last two KB's in the last 15-20 seconds cuz we basically stopped playing)

30+ KB's is roughly 1000 seconds of Resurrection ----> 16 minutes of rezzing.

6 is only about 180 ----> 3 minutes of rezzing

This is the definition of a curbstomp, trying winning WSG, TP, AB, SS, Gil, EoTS or temple with such metrics...I dare you.

The enemy team should not be able to complete objectives when they have a cumulative 16 minutes of rezzing in a BG that lasted 18 minutes. And i it was 15v15, as teh BG was originally balanced around, they wouldn't even come close to winning.

Yet Deepwind Gorge always defies logic, it's notorious for this B$
Dedicating time (effort) into killing enemy players is detrimental in this BG. Thus PvP should be avoided at all costs in 10v10 Deepwind Gorge. Thus this BG doesn't belong in the RBG list.

This is not true in normal Deepwind Gorge that is 15v15, the amount of players this BG was balanced around. You do occasional get some quirky results in AB (another BG that is was balanced around 15v15), but they are quite rare and are the result of your team failing to execute a rather easy counter to a cheesy strat.

This BG is so retarded that I've witnessed it going 40+ minutes at least two or three times in 1800-2200 bracket simply because both teams were capping carts and basically ignoring each other while the teamfight in the middle (usually 4v4 or 5v5 after the 3 minute mark) went unresolved the entire game (no one was able to cap center).

In this respect it's very similar to Alterac Valley for public games. You simply ignore the enemy.
04/15/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Emelyia
Dedicating time (effort) into killing enemy players is detrimental in this BG. Thus PvP should be avoided at all costs in 10v10 Deepwind Gorge. Thus this BG doesn't belong in the RBG list.

...All I'm getting off this is that you and your team cannot figure out how to change strategies because the BG plays differently.
From what I can see, your people are probably fighting and fighting in middle which the alliance is spinning the flag really well while having their graveyard shift, and the 2 demon hunter tanks are being equally hindered as they are capping flags at the same pace.
It's your team's fault for not pushing 2 bases instead of just one. As your team is supposedly better at killing / damage / hps, you should have no issues spreading your strength and taking one of their 2 bases for your own team.

But hey, battlegrounds all bout that fighting in middle, no matter if its rated right?
What you think damage and healing actually means something in a BG ?
as a rogue I can say it definitely does not...
People lose this BG because they don’t run the carts. You can have two nodes and kill/heal your heart out and still lose if the opposing side runs the cart consistently.
04/15/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Longos
What you think damage and healing actually means something in a BG ?
as a rogue I can say it definitely does not...

Damn, they certainly seem to matter in all the other bg's.

Also let's translate what you jsut said:

"What, you think PvP actually means something in a BG?"

Yes, I do think PvP should matter in a BG, as I've stated, I've seen this BG go 40+ minutes because both teams kept capping the carts and basically ignoring each other in the 1800-2200 bracket.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GJ, you're a rogue than can solo cap or defeat a solo defender and accomplish an objective in most 1v1 scenarios without doing any damage.

By your logic a team of 10 rogues should be meta and never lose and BG.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell me how an opposing team could win any OTHER BG with such a severe difference in the metrics. Seriously, pick your favorite RBG and explain how you would achieve victory being curb-stomped in a 6-1 ratio.
I should also add that this BG was designed before the age of the Demon Hunter, whose mobility is absolutely absurd in Deepwind, especially when the numbers are reduced from 15v15 to 10v10.

This BG simply doesn't function as intended with 10 players per team and with each team having a Demon Hunter (neither of which the map was balanced around).
04/15/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Shirt

...All I'm getting off this is that you and your team cannot figure out how to change strategies because the BG plays differently.

Yes 1800-2200 teams don't understand the BG, good one.

We understand it buddy, which is why we don't like it.

There are very few groups that don't moan and groan in discord when Deepwind pops. It also happens to be the BG where PUG Rbg groups almost always disintegrate because of all the internal fighting and blaming because there are too many parallel reasons for why the pug group lost. If Deepwind if the first BG that pops for you pug group you already know that pug is doomed LOL.

Also looking at your PvP record tells me that you're fully aware of this, don't play stupid because I know you're not stupid looking at your record.
04/15/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Xenlea
People lose this BG because they don’t run the carts. You can have two nodes and kill/heal your heart out and still lose if the opposing side runs the cart consistently.

Yes, when it's 10v10, yes, this is true. And yes, even when it's 15v15, this is true.

However, if it was 15v15 and the enemy team was dying at a 5.5:1 (11:2) ratio, then they would not be able to run the cart at all.

This is the whole point of thread. We were mowing them at an 11:2 ratio, a guaranteed win if it were 15v15.

The argument of this thread is that Deepwind Gorge does not function as intended when the player count is reduced to 10v10.
Please trade Deepwind with Seething Shore for RBG. Fixt