Dark Iron or Mag’har?

General Discussion
There both good, both major lore races I've always wanted since Classic and The Burning Crusade era. I was going to roll a Dark Iron next expansion, but now I'm even more interested in Kul'tiran from the Warcraft 3 era and the Founding of Durotar campaign.

Its just sad none of these races are coming out before the expansion, I have absolutely no interest in these Lightforged and Void Elves that have never been in the franchise at all before Legion.
04/20/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Tadkins
04/20/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Hellkromgrok
Mag’har for sure especially since you can look just like garrosh if you can get the shoulders XD

Gonna be so many Garrosh clones, lol.
My friend and I have our names, his Mag’har Shaman will be named “Flexar” since “Flexxar” like “Rexxar” is unavailable... :P

Me? I was going to go with “Bromash” but that was taken too. So now I have Daghar as his name.
Dark Irons are my main favourite right now. They look really cool. I like the class selection and I like what they have for classes. Maybe making a Warlock, or Paladin.
Mag’har for sure especially since you can look just like garrosh if you can get the shoulders XD

You seen the drop rate of the shoulders right lol .002% drop chance

Seen people with +1000 kills and still don’t have them.
04/20/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Tiridan

My friend and I have our names, his Mag’har Shaman will be named “Flexar” since “Flexxar” like “Rexxar” is unavailable... :P

Me? I was going to go with “Bromash” but that was taken too. So now I have Daghar as his name.

Y'all are silly lol.
04/20/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Nagchompa
I

04/20/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Gjerry

Honestly. I made both. I tested both as Beastmaster.

DI are Dwarves, in look and feel, once you play them it's not much different than normal. They have some updates, and firebeards are cool, but they don't feel new.

Mag'har feel nothing like the Old Orcs, which is funny because I compared mine to an NPC and basically besides textures and colors they were nearly identical.

However the skin tones, textures, and sounds they make are amazing. They do not feel like Orcs in the classic Green Monster sense. These Orcs feel like Brutal Uruk-hai. They are an improvement on orcs in every way. The Horde got lucky, seriously lucky with them. I will be playing one in BfA, probably a Shaman, since I have too many Hunters in live.
I sure hope you're right. I plan on changing this guy to Garrosh tattoos with a Mohawk :)

Here video comparison I just made using the Builtin streaming to facebbok.

https://www.facebook.com/warcraftgnomes/videos/1629761503795175/
No way the Dark Iron racial doesn't get nerfed. It is absolutely overpowered and the strongest any race has had so far. Dark Iron players are just destroying other players on alpha as it is easy to get 5 to 10 stacks.
Both, Blizz is gonna make so much money from me on race changes.
One of them has beards that are smoldering and glow red.

The other...wait it doesn't even matter the case is already closed.

GrowlashHeckscram
Mag'har look amazing. Dark Iron are really solid, but man an upright Mag'har Orc with the wicked face paint skin is probably the best model I've seen come out of this expansion so far.
im looking forward to both.
I like seeing upright orcs but I still prefer the DI.
I like both, but if I were forced to choose...Mag'har. They get an awesome wolf mount. Pretty much all there is to it for me. I'm just glad I can use that mount across all of my Horde characters.
04/20/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Searus
Really hard to decide. Love the Mag'har looks but their racials are absolute garbage next to the Dark Iron ones, or basically any other race. Even the Lightforged Draeneis are celebrating not having the worst racials anymore.

How are their racials garbage? o.O

Mount speed, reduction on dmg over time duration and an active to increase secondary stats based on you clan of choice?

What are you even talking about?
04/20/2018 11:32 PMPosted by Rokhnar
04/20/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Searus
Really hard to decide. Love the Mag'har looks but their racials are absolute garbage next to the Dark Iron ones, or basically any other race. Even the Lightforged Draeneis are celebrating not having the worst racials anymore.

How are their racials garbage? o.O

Mount speed, reduction on dmg over time duration and an active to increase secondary stats based on you clan of choice?

What are you even talking about?

Mount speed - if it is like the previous extension, you can't go over +20%, that everyone get early in the extension. For exemple, if the Mag'har were already released, Open Skies would not work because everyone already has +20% (edit : talking about flying).

Dmg over time duration and an active to increase secondary stats based on you clan of choice - You get -10% reduction for three kinds of debuffs, basically one less tick? Useless in PvE (I have never seen a player die from a last tick in a dungeon/raid) and it happened to be 2 or 3 times during the last year. You also get +100 RANDOM secondary stat on click. So basically, that's what you get for two clicks where DI Dwarves get a click to remove absolutely ALL effects and get +220 main stat (numbers on Alpha) + 77 main stat per effect removed. If you check some streaming, you can see that they get easily +1000 stat and remove all effect while Mag'har get one last tick and a +100 stat. Kinda unbalanced, no?

To this, you add a pet racial when the race only has one pet class and that pets almost never die in any content and when they do, they are instantly rezzed. At least make it a +1/2% damage for your pet.

Of course, the main issue is with the DI Dwarves being overpowered at the moment - they roll over other players with that racial on alpha - but it is also disappointing to see that Mag'har, a race with a strong warrior lore, actually don't get a single good racial for warriors. At the moment, any race has better racials, humans, dwarves, gnomes, night elves, worgens, orcs, taurens, trolls, undeads, blood elves, void elves, HM taurens, !@#$ even the LF Draenei are better than a Mag'har when it comes to racials. Yeah, even the LF Draenei that everyone likes to make fun of make better warriors than Mag'har and the only reason to pick a brown orc (at the moment) is appearance.

It won't stop me from making a Mag'har because I like the way they look but let's face it, their racials are absolute crap and if they're not, they only fit one class. I have troubles believing that these racials will stay this way, unless Blizzard tries to discourage people from rerolling / changing to Mag'har to make sure not everyone does it.

Edit : When I say their racials are absolute craps, it is also because the values are very low. I have nothing against the mechanics, except for the pet one that has nothing to do here, and some tweeking might change my opinion. Ideally, the mount racial should be +20% (stackable) or -50% to get dismounted. The duration one should be a reduction of damage so it would be useful in both PvP and PvE. And the numbers for Ancestral Call definitely need ajustment. You can't have a racial give you +100 stats when another race (released at the same time) gets from 220 to 1000+ with a buffed shadow cloak...
Dark Iron

https://i.imgur.com/ZllwLJn.jpg?1

But Mag'har don't trail too far behind. They look great standing up straight and having a full head of hair unlike their green Orc counterparts. If they get that Frostwolf recolor for heritage armor then that'll boost my liking of them even more.
They both look cool!

Too cool actually.

TATTOOS ARE OP!!

my character creation preview video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz7uVnAc2IE