PUG groups...

General Discussion
I have a question, there are many people that come back to the game that say "I don't want to pug, I can't stand pugs" and so on, but my honest experience is that these people that come back to the game after having not played since Wrath don't seem to get that for the majority of people the only way to succeed in raiding is by rolling the dice and jumping into a group of people you don't know and getting success, this has at least been my experience.

can you relate to this at all or is being part of a guild still relevant to you?

Please note also, that my definition of success in raiding=getting AOTC prior to the next raid tier.
PUG Group is redundant.

I would prefer to raid with friends. I don't PUG unless I'm Pugging with my Buds....or we are adding PUGs to our raid.
I mainly pug these days because the last couple of guilds I've been in died. If you can find a good stable guild to raid good on you. My experience is just of being in ones that are alt guilds though.
I got AOTC in a PUG.
I also got a kill with a guild group.
Both felt the same.
I can't really bring myself to form a raid group and schedule it weekly, so I'll take pugging over that.
In the end, it's all about who you invite or what kind of group you join, guilds will obviously be a bit more organized but you can easily be a heroic pugger.
I don't mind pugs when a new raid comes out (normal), but I rather not pug at all, usually if whatever guild I am isn't running it, neither am I.

04/16/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Rustig
I got AOTC in a PUG.
I also got a kill with a guild group.
Both felt the same.
I can't really bring myself to form a raid group and schedule it weekly, so I'll take pugging over that.
In the end, it's all about who you invite or what kind of group you join, guilds will obviously be a bit more organized but you can easily be a heroic pugger.

Best part about pugs is the lack of scheduled commitment.
If your tired of pugs im trying to vamp my community up with more active players ...https://discord.gg/VN85xan
Some pugs aren't bad I've met some really cool people who I've continued to raid with since then. But we would all prefer to do it just in guild or with friends but sometimes it don't work out that way.
I don't really understand what your question is.

So you like pugging...ok. Evidently the people you're referencing (the ones who come back to the game and say they hate pugs) don't. So they won't, presumably, and will join a guild/team instead. Meanwhile you keep pugging.

What is it you think these people don't "get?" Like are you saying they should start liking pugs just because a lot of other people pug?

edit- oh, didn't notice the necro lol.