Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
04/19/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Vitaminsee
pvp is being slowly pushed out of the game, while one of the two main factions has pvp based racials. nothing good can some of that but at least we'll have our high elves.......i hope.
I love PvP personally, but I agree to a degree.
04/19/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Vitaminsee
i think we need to realize at this point, we're all harry potters stuck in the cupboard under the stairs and one day an owl (dev) dropped a message by our cupboard (thread)
https://youtu.be/RTxlh65Pe14?t=17

lol The thing is....for all the players complaining about us having this discussion (and calling it 'spam', which the forum moderators clearly realize it's not or they wouldn't have extended the cap...they would've just deleted it), if they REALLY wanted to put the high elf matter to bed all they'd have to do is have someone who actually works for Blizzard make an official statement saying something to the effect of "Thank you for all your enthusiasm and your feedback, but we want to let the player-base know that at least for the foreseeable future we have NO plans of ever allowing Alliance-loyal high elves as a playable race, but we're open to offering other customization options for void elves *soon (see the demand for updated worgen/goblin models >_> )."

Would people still be upset? Of course. But no amount of cranky Horde players posting in this discussion thread going "lol blue-eyed blood elves" "be quiet" or "give up, you're never getting them." is going to make us stop asking until an actual Blizzard employee, someone who actually decides who gets what races, tells us it's never going to happen.

To me the people saying we should just take our void elves and be happy with that...I liken it to walking into a restaurant and ordering a creme brulee for dessert and a few minutes later the waiter comes out of the kitchen and gives me a bowl of instant vanilla pudding. I raise my hand and point out that I'd ordered a creme brulee, not instant pudding. He goes "Creme brulee, instant pudding, they're both custard. Why don't you just take that and be happy with it?"

If Blizzard really wanted to make it clear playable Silver Covenant would never be a thing...they should've just created a scenario where Vereesa and her army were working with Alleria on something, evil void ethereals attack and *POOF* just like what happened to the blood elves in their recruitment scenario, all the silver covenant high elves were turned into void elves. It wouldn't have satisfied the people wanting to play a high elf paladin, but at least lore-wise we really WOULD have actually gotten high elves who'd always been loyal to the Alliance...they'd just been corrupted into their new void forms.

But instead we got blood elf cast-offs who less than a month before the start of the expansion were our enemies.

We got instant pudding, not creme brulee.
04/19/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Mardrigala
We got instant pudding, not creme brulee.
We asked for sirloin steak, we got a salad bowl with weird colored salad in it. -_-
04/19/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Eärendiil
no

Yes

xd
one of the problems with public forums for a game is, you can have just as many rival game companies messing up public relations with the playerbase, as actual fans of the game . i take about 75% of forum responses to be from real fans of the game, with the remaining 25% being blizz competitors and assorted communists who want the end of all capitalist enterprises.

and from that 75% i theorize about 25% are fans of the game who love to troll the forums. leaving 50% as fans of the game who sincerely are arguing for/against high elves on alliance. of that 50%, 15% are arguing against it, 5% are indifferent and the remaining 30% want it to happen. theoretically, of course.
04/19/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Vitaminsee
one of the problems with public forums for a game is, you can have just as many rival game companies messing up public relations with the playerbase, as actual fans of the game . i take about 75% of forum responses to be from real fans of the game, with the remaining 25% being blizz competitors and assorted communists who want the end of all capitalist enterprises.

and from that 75% i theorize about 25% are fans of the game who love to troll the forums. leaving 50% as fans of the game who sincerely are arguing for/against high elves on alliance. of that 50%, 15% are arguing against it, 5% are indifferent and the remaining 30% want it to happen. theoretically, of course.
Seriously how they love to manipulate hahaha

to be able to write in this forum you have to have an active wow account xd
04/19/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Eärendiil

Is there some law somewhere stating it's illegal for a FFXIV Developer to have a WoW account or something? $15 a month isn't exactly much. For the same price you can go see a movie or get a book.
I think that I legitimacy don't get the feeling behind Blood Elf players that feel like they would "loose faction identity" or downright feeling robbed if High Elves were playable.

No matter how I try to frame it, even by putting every race in a situation where they would have a cross faction counterpart, I can't really bring myself to care. Draenei? sure give the Horde Sargerei/Eredar, Humans? Alterac humans or human like undead, sure? Worgen? sure, there can be a way to make the worgen curse jump species, maybe into a nightborne?

As long as there is a strong lore reason why this group would cross to the other faction, I am game.

Is it because I play both factions and every development is a win for me? Maybe. I still remember so many alliance players being so pissed about Nightbrone, and I was all "cool"

Void Elves in this manner are nothing alike. I would have been okay if they had been made of high elves tho. The problem with them is that their background lore was simply weak and rushed.

So really I just don't get it. I undertsand it seems to be important to many belf players, but I don't get the whole notion something is being taken from them, that reparations should be made to even entertain the idea. But I know it seems to be a widespread feeling, so regardless of my own feelings, I do think Blizz would choose to address it somehow.

I guess that's why I think the Nightborne treatment would be the way to go for High Elves. The lore behind HE is what is first priority, that's why I think they should be playable on the alliance. Honestly if someone only cares about having the exact same Blood Elf model on the alliance, it's not something I can really get behind. If the model itself is the priority, yeah, just play a Blood Elf.

For me it has never been, that's why my High Elf "characters" have never used the Blood Elf model. So if Blizzard thinks they have to change the HE AR a la NB to make them a thing, i'm 100% on board. Not because I agree that Blood Elf players that consider this an issue have a point, but because it is a widespread notion that could cause backlash. I guess that is a compromise.

But no need to step in anyone else toes when there's a viable option I guess. At the end of the day, a "compromise" is not for us to decide, merely accept, and if Blizzard feels they have to minimize Belf player backlash somehow, so be it.
04/19/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Wiccan
Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race Part 21 - now smaller and lighter for your convenience and pleasure :D
This one It's our nº 20 topic on the thread list. But in fact it's the 21º Topic. Check this on our list:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ekfR0WMgAcf0GpW1eKaNW1TbhEeTmDyowu_iD44X6VU
04/19/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Alurna
04/19/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Eärendiil

Is there some law somewhere stating it's illegal for a FFXIV Developer to have a WoW account or something? $15 a month isn't exactly much. For the same price you can go see a movie or get a book.
Of course there is now a conspiracy in the forum of warcraft where there are many subjects of other games that are here so that they do not have their high elves and harm wow players

hahahaha where we have arrived
pvp is being slowly pushed out of the game, while one of the two main factions has pvp based racials. nothing good can some of that but at least we'll have our high elves.......i hope.
I love PvP personally, but I agree to a degree.

what i meant was, as more pvp is removed, alliance racials which are pvp based, will get more and more irrelevant. at least night elf shadowmeld has been useful, albeit nerfed a few times, it's still decent for dropping aggro and surviving bad fights. every man for himself has never been useful to me in dungeon runs. as a result, my healers are all night elves on alliance.
04/19/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Eärendiil
Of course there is now a conspiracy in the forum of warcraft where there are many subjects of other games that are here so that they do not have their high elves and harm wow players

I doubt there's a conspiracy, but I wouldn't put it past any company to attempt to sabotage another by providing purposefully bad feedback. I'm also pretty sure most companies also know better than to fall for it.

As far as it relates to the High Elf topic, considering this has become a pretty prominent one in the community that hasn't gone away but has definitely been inflamed, I think it's safe to say any individuals looking to sabotage a game's development by providing purposefully faulty feedback would work in this topic as well.

I doubt they're numerous, but I don't doubt they are there. I just ignore and and keep posting my own feedback.
I heard "Harry Potter". TEAM SLYTHERIN!

You guys got blue'd positively in another post, this'll work out in either the near or far future I'm sure. I mean, clearly you want it, and you got us enthusiastic cheerleaders to cheer you on and keep hopes up (and give suggestions) in the thread.
alurna

something to watch : appears to be one of the thread readers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMaTHAOmE9A
Speaking of which, bats... go look at your original thread ^^
to all new arrivals, we are currently on the thread the mod extended for us
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762127620?page=126#post-2502
see you there!
04/19/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Talendrion
I think that I legitimacy don't get the feeling behind Blood Elf players that feel like they would "loose faction identity" or downright feeling robbed if High Elves were playable.

No matter how I try to frame it, even by putting every race in a situation where they would have a cross faction counterpart, I can't really bring myself to care. Draenei? sure give the Horde Sargerei/Eredar, Humans? Alterac humans or human like undead, sure? Worgen? sure, there can be a way to make the worgen curse jump species, maybe into a nightborne?

As long as there is a strong lore reason why this group would cross to the other faction, I am game.

Is it because I play both factions and every development is a win for me? Maybe. I still remember so many alliance players being so pissed about Nightbrone, and I was all "cool"

Void Elves in this manner are nothing alike. I would have been okay if they had been made of high elves tho. The problem with them is that their background lore was simply weak and rushed.

So really I just don't get it. I undertsand it seems to be important to many belf players, but I don't get the whole notion something is being taken from them, that reparations should be made to even entertain the idea. But I know it seems to be a widespread feeling, so regardless of my own feelings, I do think Blizz would choose to address it somehow.

I guess that's why I think the Nightborne treatment would be the way to go for High Elves. The lore behind HE is what is first priority, that's why I think they should be playable on the alliance. Honestly if someone only cares about having the exact same Blood Elf model on the alliance, it's not something I can really get behind. If the model itself is the priority, yeah, just play a Blood Elf.

For me it has never been, that's why my High Elf "characters" have never used the Blood Elf model. So if Blizzard thinks they have to change the HE AR a la NB to make them a thing, i'm 100% on board. Not because I agree that Blood Elf players that consider this an issue have a point, but because it is a widespread notion that could cause backlash. I guess that is a compromise.

But no need to step in anyone else toes when there's a viable option I guess. At the end of the day, a "compromise" is not for us to decide, merely accept, and if Blizzard feels they have to minimize Belf player backlash somehow, so be it.

I feel the exact same way. I just don't get the level of possessiveness I've seen over a collection of polygons in a computer game. Like you, I've always had characters on both sides so the whole "My faction rules and your faction sucks!" attitude some players have boggles my mind. I'm going to be making a Mag'har shaman and a Zandalari druid and I've made a Nightborne mage on another server as an alt...so any allied race that's added I'm going to get to play if I like it enough to get the required reputation to unlock it.

For me both sides getting the allied races they want is a win for everyone. And heck...for the die-hard Horde vs Alliance faction pride players, adding high elves would just amp up the rivalry. Imagine horde blood elf players specifically targeting and hunting down alliance high elf players in battlegrounds, and with the ability to communicate cross-faction in Thalassian like void and blood elves currently can, the smack and traitor talk could be legendary XD
When did the last thread cap?