I miss talent trees.

General Discussion
Anyone else miss the freedom and creativity actually making their own spec?
Yeah so bad right now...
No because that never happened. There was always a cookie-cutter spec.
04/20/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Dotendasch

Yes. Yes I do.
I like the old talent trees, but would they still be useful, or fun with so much stripped away from our characters. take healing for instance. we don't have spirit, and no longer control our mana pool. it's hard to be creative when there is nothing there to tweak.
04/20/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Artanu
It was a false freedom after a while but it was fun looking forward to new talents in the vanilla system. I went through the wringer and became a good huntard before mop so I can't tell if the current system has the same feel.
Not really. Seemed pointless. No one found your "creative" 17/17/17 spec fun and interesting. They just laughed and denied you entrance into groups.
It's been about 4 hours since the last post of this, good work keeping it up.

Yeah the amazing amount of build diversity that we have now is so much better.

Wait a second.
I remember getting mocked for being "creative" with my spec.
04/20/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Tadkins
Not really. Seemed pointless. No one found your "creative" 17/17/17 spec fun and interesting. They just laughed and denied you entrance into groups.

that applied more to rogues, hunters, ret pallies.....I don't believe I ever had anyone poo poo my talent tree as a holy priest.
04/20/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Dotendasch

Freedom? Creativity??

Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V wannabe!?
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Something that if made out of the mathematical formula of better performance, already gave him the certificate of loser, because anything out of the recipe, was a mistake ??

Serious??? LOL!!! XD

Maybe Aunt Blizz relived this jurassic way, with the coming of the classic servers!

What more could people ask for? The return of the signal Pal-M ??? Steam trains back the railways ?? The return of lobotomy as a multi-purpose medical procedure ?? The return of slavery ??

04/20/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Gravelord

Yeah the amazing amount of build diversity that we have now is so much better.

Wait a second.

So let's ask for the back of something that was not good, to replace something that is not good, instead of asking for something better?
Because progress and improvements are achieved by going in the opposite direction of what can be done for improvement! Right!

Oh, wait ... !
Talent trees and every rendition they've tried all end up cookie flippin cutter anyway so no I don't miss them.
I'll take talent trees over the absolutely nothing we're getting in BfA
"Creative" builds were another way of saying "bad" builds.

If you didnt have a cookie cutter build, you were most likely not doing worthwhile content.
I miss them. All the uninventive, unguilded(at the time) wankers probably dont though.

Basically. You could go off track a little here or there but you basically had to spec a certain way to be optimal, it was all an illusion. It is basically the same thing right now although you sometimes have a couple choices and some options are better for some boss fights than others.
You mean the freedom to Google which talents you should take?

It's the same thing.
Very much so, I want my 2H frost back, I'm tired of these forced weapon specs.