Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 26 Next
You're good people Varith.
04/24/2018 11:35 PMPosted by Varith
I just wanted to leave this before I'm off for the night. Just as not everyone in your group represents you all, the same is true with our side. We are all different and do not share all opinions. Pls do not judge us all by some...............
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762138063?page=15#post-287

Thank you, you're probably the most level-headed "anti" we've encountered. Truly refreshing <3
AR high elf should have been first race, they been allie all along
04/24/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Romanna
No matter how many threads you spam, or how many times the same five supporters fill them to the limit with spamming the same posts over and over again, High Elves on either side is a bad idea that I hope will finally go away.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762127620?page=8#post-147

Thousands of contributors, actually.
Everytime i look upon Talendrion's models, i cant stop being impressed.

I mean, he take the Nigh Elf bodies, and twisted with Human stance and skin tones, and put one Thalassian head up above. If you're reading carefully, the only thing you can imagine is some kind of chimera. However he came with these marvelous models:
Male Skintones and Hairstyles:
https://image.ibb.co/mCTr3c/HE_Male_Skintones.png

Female Skintones and Hairstyles:
https://i.imgur.com/3oET3CJ.jpg

There's many other cool things in the front page. If you just went in, take a moment to look OP links.

There's some really good fan made material. No doubts about that.

I'm so glad to be part of this passionate community.
04/25/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Grimroar
No matter how many threads you spam, or how many times the same five supporters fill them to the limit with spamming the same posts over and over again, High Elves on either side is a bad idea that I hope will finally go away.

Growing every day. I wasn't on board at all. I was sick of elf craft and was making fun of the Elvish Horde. Then I ran into Nozdormu timewalking and was ... like...

... dude this is too *(#%*ing cool not to have in game.

That's that. I've changed my ways.
No. 4 playable elf races are enough.
04/25/2018 12:54 AMPosted by Richardqueso

There will only be enough playable elf races when Alliance High Elves become playable.
Here to support Alliance AR High Elves <3
04/25/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Wyspers

Growing every day. I wasn't on board at all. I was sick of elf craft and was making fun of the Elvish Horde. Then I ran into Nozdormu timewalking and was ... like...

... dude this is too *(#%*ing cool not to have in game.

That's that. I've changed my ways.

hehe
http://orig02.deviantart.net/4c44/f/2011/139/f/5/why_hello_dere_by_blessedwithwings-d3gr5m4.png
It's almost like high elves make TOO MUCH sense, and that's why they haven't been implemented. I'd play one.
04/25/2018 12:54 AMPosted by Richardqueso
I'd understand this method of thinking somewhat if all 4 were available at once, but since there is only 2 per faction, I can't get behind it. I probably wouldn't anyway as I would love as many options as possible, but that's just me.

I mean, if we go the route of limiting races, then there would be no chance for Wildhammer Dwarves or Forest Trolls (that would make 3 of each on their respective factions, just as High Elves added to the Alliance would make 3 elf races). And I believe we could use more dwarf and troll choices in the future as well.

So then you have to wonder - what is the "magic" number of races per side? Is it 2? 3? 4? Some would say Humans already have 3 races now (Human, Undead, Worgen) and will have 4 with Kul Tiran. Or do Undead and Worgen not really count? Wait, Undead are on the Horde so that would make just 3 Human choices on the Alliance. Wait, would skinny humans make 4 then?... you see how tricky this could get?

Let's just stop worrying about how many should or shouldn't be, and focus on what makes the most sense and what the people want. And yes, I realize we will never truly know what EVERYONE wants, but we can get a good idea using various metrics.

We should all want more options. If there is an option you rather have - please state it! Blizzard asked us to tell them what we want... time to do so! :)
04/25/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Pryde
I'd understand this method of thinking somewhat if all 4 were available at once, but since there is only 2 per faction, I can't get behind it. I probably wouldn't anyway as I would love as many options as possible, but that's just me.
Ignoring the fact that in pretty much every single fantasy rpg there are at least 3 elf races: High Elf, Dark Elf and Wood Elf.
04/25/2018 02:39 AMPosted by Yaoling
04/25/2018 02:16 AMPosted by Pryde
Ignoring the fact that in pretty much every single fantasy rpg there are at least 3 elf races: High Elf, Dark Elf and Wood Elf.
And don't get me wrong - I understand some people just don't like elves. I get it.

I love Elves (obviously), but I also realize there are people that want more choices. So give us more Trolls (Forest Trolls maybe even Blood Trolls), Dwarves (Wildhammer and what about Frost or Iron?), Gnomes (Leper, Mechagnome), Undead (San'layn/Darkfallen, Nathanos Blightcaller type), Orcs (Mok'nathal!)... I could go on and on.

I just want more options. For all races. And yes, I would also like races like Naga, Ethereal, Arakkoa, Ogre... if possible. Not sure if they are on the table for allied races. Ogre should be added no matter what (IMO).
Blood elves but with blue eyes, exciting "new" race
04/25/2018 03:02 AMPosted by Octopuses
Blood elves but with blue eyes, exciting "new" race
You are far off the mark, in many ways, but even if not, it's not like every allied race so far is very "new". Just look at Highmountain or Lightforged if you want to go that route.

But no, High Elves are much more than their eye color. And there is much more that can be done to them to make them even more unique.
OK, I know it's been a few weeks, I've been busy. After some hunting through MMO Champion I found the part in the Island Expeditions Dev Insights video that appears to be "Jaina's Angels", and pulled up the Model Viewer to compare to a Blood Elf and.... I just don't see a difference. There might be a skin tone difference, it might be lighting, but the build of the body doesn't look different to me. That's not a problem to me though, so hey, hehe.

As a somewhat humorous suggestion, I propose the following to solve the problem of "too many X" because, as we should agree to be fair, if 4 Elf factions are a problem, 4 of any faction should be a problem, and we're already at 4 humans (Stormwindians, Forsaken/Lordaeronians, Gilneans, Kul Tirans): How about we revert all races to their earliest identifiable forms (i.e., the furthest back we can take them). In the style of April Fool's notes, the patch notes may look something like this:

- All Elves and Trolls of all types have been reverted to Proto-trolls. Proto-trolls are members of the Azeroth faction, a subfaction of the Titans faction.

- All Humans, Forsaken, Gilneans, and Kul Tirans have been reverted to Vrykul. Vrykul are members of the Titans faction.

- Ogres are now playable!

- All Orcs, Mag'har Orcs, and Ogres have been reverted to Grond. As a singular entity, all former Orc and Ogre players must agree and choose the same command to make Grond take action, but once that happens, watch out! Grond is a member of the Aggramar faction, a subfaction of the Titans faction.

- Gnomes have been reverted to Mechagnomes. Mechagnomes are members of the Titans faction.

- Troggs are now playable!

- All Troggs, Dwarves, and Dark Iron Dwarves are reverted to Earthen. Earthen are members of the Titans faction.

- All Tauren have been reverted to Yaungol. Yaungol are members of the Mogu faction, a subfaction of the Titans faction.

- Manari Eredar are now playable!

- Broken Draenei and Krokuul are now playable!

- Draenei, Lightforged Draenei, Broken Draenei, Krokuul, and Manari Eredar have been reverted to Eredar. Eredar are members of the Argus faction, a subfaction of the Titans faction.

- Pandaren remain steadfast members of the Alliance and the Horde.

- The Alliance and Horde are still the only playable factions, but you can earn reputation with the various Titans factions. For Azeroth!

I'm sure that's probably been done before, but eh, hope it brightens someone's day anyway.

The Alliance and Horde are comprised of factions, not races. Humans are already on both sides, and there are also humans on neither side. Elves are on both sides, and there are also Elves that are on neither side. Alteracians (what's left of them) on Horde wouldn't be far-fetched, since they turned way back during the Second War. High Elves (what didn't become Blood Elves) have been with the Alliance since the Second War. WoW can survive another playable Elf faction. It's surviving another playable Human faction. Let's give more options for more people, so if that means 4 Dwarf factions, 4 Troll factions, 4 Orc factions, why not. There are people who like to play Elves, and people who like to hate Elves. Both can get in on the fun :)

As an aside, why not give a faction of Troggs to the Horde so they can have the other half of the Earthen split, hehe.
04/24/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Wiccan
The "NO thread" has resorted to mocking our character progression now, as a last resort? Lol. I guess, since they've run out of arguments.
Double funny if you see the armory of the person mocking us for "not playing the game".

04/24/2018 10:43 PMPosted by Dotbringer
It kinda gives away that most of their active supporters don't even play the game given by their armory. Some didn't even reach max level, some just boosted toon and i think one dude was under 1k nerd point IIRC. I really hope Blizzard is aware what kind of players or rather people they're dealing with.

To be fair, he's been playing the "I'm totally not one guy posting on 2 alts" bit...after signing the second no thread "-Soulshox" while posting it as Dotbringer. Take what he has to say with a grain of salt
04/25/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Grimroar

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762127620?page=8#post-159