Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 26 Next
04/25/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Wiccan
04/25/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Relare
I really, really, REALLY get a kick out of the anti-thread. Mostly the "It's OUR model" line of thinking. Because, ya know they own the models and game and all. Or that the Blood Elves are iconic to the Horde when they aren't even in ANY of the promotional art for BfA. Jeez even a Gnome got to appear in some of the art for it and nobody cares about them.

Then the "You won't accept anything we suggest as compromise" crowd because all their suggestions are superb.

MVP's go to the people with no idea about how the lore works with "Just give Belfs blue eyes".

Last night Vitaminsee/Pinky/Ivori was in the NO thread trying to come up with a compromise. The NO-people were saying they want more customization for BE, Ivori asked them "why not make a thread ASKING for more BE customization then, instead of this NO-HE thing?" and this is the response she got:

04/25/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Froufroukin
I think I'll pull your guy's own card and say no compromises, back to your own thread demons.

THEY ARE CALLING US "DEMONS" NOW. Just wow. Some people have lost it....
there can be no compromises with the naysayers, because they are too stubborn. they are narrow minded.
Posting from work while I have a few minutes, hopefully this thread will be extended soon. :) Given it's blowing up quicker than the "NO" thread I think we know exactly which side most people stand on.

Blizzard asked us what allied races we want and in a booming voice we shout Alliance High Elves!!
04/25/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Bladinas
I don't remember if I +1'd this so I'm doing it now.

I'm not too hopeful though, since I followed the pretty expansive Void Elf thread when it was announced requesting more lore and customization options... which got a blue post and everything but didn't amount to anything at all.

Maybe (hopefully) things will be different this time.
I beleieve she makes comments about retaking Silvermoon for the Alliance. I almost positive she does.

Retaking it frames it as though she wants to invade, she just wants to persuade her people to rejoin the Alliance. This is a sentiment shared by at least the Human side of the Alliance too given that they've tried to re-recruit them twice so far. I'd wager that if this weren't an MMO they'd already be Alliance again.
If I were Blizzard/Ion at this point, I'd add Alliance High Elves strictly for the hilarity at this point. We know not adding them would make a lot of us feel dejected but at the end of the day it'd have little effect on the gameplay. But seeing how the anti-crowd is acting, it'd be the perfect foil for an expansion about faction conflict. You know it'd drive many of them to go out of their way to find and attack High Elves in game, which is entirely within the theme they're driving home here.

We've talked about the potential money in adding them for things like drawing people back and race changes, but there's also the potential there as well to tap the anti-crowd into continuing their antagonism. Cause we know if High Elves are implemented they wont be graceful about it
Since we're talking about compromises, I just want to say this again. Do not ask for compromises in your requests. If you want the blood elf model, then ask for it. Don't be shy to ask for what you want. Don't ask for a different model if you don't want it. Changing the model to please people who won't play high elves is pointless and stupid. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we shouldn't accept compromises, I'm saying that we shouldn't ask for them in our requests. I want high elves too have the blood elf model, darker skin and hair color options, like olive skin and black hair because I want my high elf to look like me, and I want them to have death knights and paladins.
04/25/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Niroshi
I beleieve she makes comments about retaking Silvermoon for the Alliance. I almost positive she does.

Retaking it frames it as though she wants to invade, she just wants to persuade her people to rejoin the Alliance. This is a sentiment shared by at least the Human side of the Alliance too given that they've tried to re-recruit them twice so far. I'd wager that if this weren't an MMO they'd already be Alliance again.

There are some with in the Alliance that don't want a return of the Blood Elves. Jaina and the bulk of the Silver Covenant who were all more that a little eager to purge Blood Elves from Dalaran come ti mind.
04/25/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Severitas

When did this happen?

I just watched the recruitment quest again since it had been a while, and I'm not sure I'd call her attitude there "single minded determination", though it is pretty clear she wants Silvermoon back with the Alliance. But the extent of the dialogue in that particular quest is her coming to Lor'themar with Anduin's request and Lor'themar cutting her off mid sentence with his rejection of it before they snark back and forth at each other. There aren't any further declarative statements about her wanting to "take back" the city outside of that in the scenario.

I do feel like I remember there being a more direct quote of Alleria stating her intentions to have her homeland back as an eventuality and not a possibility, but I don't remember where that actually is in the game now that I'm thinking about it, so it's possible this wound up getting Mandela Effected over the course of these threads.
04/25/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Despoth
Posting from work while I have a few minutes, hopefully this thread will be extended soon. :) Given it's blowing up quicker than the "NO" thread I think we know exactly which side most people stand on.

Blizzard asked us what allied races we want and in a booming voice we shout Alliance High Elves!!

Exactly, this is my hope too!

Devs asked us which Allied Races we want playable - and not a single one has garnered even a SLIVER of the support and excitement Alliance High Elves have!

If they truly stood by their words, they should deliver Alliance High Elves in some fashion, sometime during the BfA lifespan!!
04/25/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Wiccan

Devs asked us which Allied Races we want playable - and not a single one has garnered even a SLIVER of the support and excitement Alliance High Elves have!

If they truly stood by their words, they should deliver Alliance High Elves in some fashion, sometime during the BfA lifespan!!

Hopefully in a patch where we start attacking Silvermoon. That would be so epic!
04/25/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Phynneus
We've talked about the potential money in adding them for things like drawing people back and race changes, but there's also the potential there as well to tap the anti-crowd into continuing their antagonism. Cause we know if High Elves are implemented they wont be graceful about it

I have blood elves, and I have void elves...I'm posting on a Night Elf...anyway it would be a lot of fun pvp wise to battle against other players via High Elf vs Blood Elf...Heck if there's a lot of aggression when they say yes, the battlegrounds would be perfect to channel that aggression.
Devs asked us which Allied Races we want playable - and not a single one has garnered even a SLIVER of the support and excitement Alliance High Elves ha

But Ion already replied to this. Blood Elves = High Elves. It's not his problem that you can't take some time and play the Horde for a bit.

if you want an extension the blizzard devs told me in a ticket that you have to report the post with "other" and ask for an extension.
04/25/2018 10:25 AMPosted by PlayerSYTCMM
Devs asked us which Allied Races we want playable - and not a single one has garnered even a SLIVER of the support and excitement Alliance High Elves ha

But Ion already replied to this. Blood Elves = High Elves. It's not his problem that you can't take some time and play the Horde for a bit.
correction, he said blood elves and void elves were different flavors. and something being a different flavor does not make it the same thing, chocolate ice cream is not the same as vanilla
04/25/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Ava
+1 for Alliance High Elves

In return, give Horde Nathanos style Forsaken - Human model, pale skin and red eyes. They study Blood Troll magic and their ability to regenerate flesh yada yada lore handwave and boom you have a small faction of Forsaken that Sylvanas deems worthy of re-fortifying their forms...

This way Horde gets another iconic Alliance model, like they did with Nightborne in exchange for Void Elves.

Everyone wins.

Heck I saw some of them grumbling "if they tried to give us a version of the human models you guys would be complaining just as much as we are." And I was like, "No, actually, I hope they give you Blightcaller undead, because personally I'd love to play an undead character that doesn't have bones sticking out everywhere and I don't care if they trade models between factions. Actually, I wouldn't care if they make up a lore hand-wave and gave you guys Eredar."
You know it'd drive many of them to go out of their way to find and attack High Elves in game, which is entirely within the theme they're driving home here.

*goes to Stormwind*
*turns War Mode on*

Come at me, Horde-bros!

I just watched the recruitment quest again since it had been a while, and I'm not sure I'd call her attitude there "single minded determination", though it is pretty clear she wants Silvermoon back with the Alliance. But the extent of the dialogue in that particular quest is her coming to Lor'themar with Anduin's request and Lor'themar cutting her off mid sentence with his rejection of it before they snark back and forth at each other. There aren't any further declarative statements about her wanting to "take back" the city outside of that in the scenario.

I do feel like I remember there being a more direct quote of Alleria stating her intentions to have her homeland back as an eventuality and not a possibility, but I don't remember where that actually is in the game now that I'm thinking about it, so it's possible this wound up getting Mandela Effected over the course of these threads.

*chuckles* I like your use of "Mandela Effected" even though it's a copout to admitting you may have remembered the scenario incorrectly.
04/25/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Serpent
oooo gawdddddd

more posts about BLOODELVES WITH BLUE EYES

this is NOT world of elfcraft

WHY do we need MORE elves!!!!!!

we have so many elves

void elves
nightbourne
blood elves
night elves

now you want high elves too?

why can't we have 4 different undead then too?

or 6 different kinds of taurens, maybe 13 different humans and while we are at it, 7 different kind of gnomes. gnomes with red eyes, gnomes with silver eyes, i think we also need a gnome with a birthmark

rolling eyes

omggaaahd

why does every xpac have to be about ORCS?

We have had orcs in Cata, Orcs in MoP, orcs in WoD

and now Mag'har orcs?

rolling eyes
You know it'd drive many of them to go out of their way to find and attack High Elves in game, which is entirely within the theme they're driving home here.

An elf civil war running in the background of BfA, you might actually get closer to solving PvP issues if it was framed like that.