List all large random battlegrounds here

War Mode and World PvP
Can anyone kindly tell me what battlegrounds are included in the large random battlegrounds? Cant personally test yet since I am still levelling.

I personally always enjoyed large scale pvp and support this 'large random battlegrounds as long as it has all 40v40 in it.

Can anyone confirm to me if the following is listed under large scale battlegrounds?
TM vs SS
Ashran
Tol barad

Having said that the only reason AV and IOC is still active is because they were listed under random battlegrounds. If Blizzard can list all 40v40 under large battlegrounds that will be just perfect!

Can anyone update on this?
Would like to update many people as soon as possible!

Regards,
Cryptids
As of right now Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest are the only two battlegrounds in the 'large random battleground' list.
04/26/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Arempy
As of right now Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest are the only two battlegrounds in the 'large random battleground' list.

Is there a time table when to expect when the older maps become available or should I expect them to come at the end of BFA or next expansion?
I would really like to see an instanced version of Tol Barad and Wintergrasp added to this list. Perhaps even a version of Ashran without the side events (purely for loot) to detour players from the main objective.

You could then leave a version of Wintergrasp that kept the PvE content and resources for players that wanted to do them or run the raid in Northrend, controlled by a neutral party (Kirin Tor?), and do the same for Tol Barad, keeping the raid open for both factions and making dailies available to both factions as well, while removing the PvP battleground from it in the open world.

Ashran could keep the side events but otherwise no longer involve the greater faction conflict, just being an open PvP zone with side quests and events you can participate in for fun.

But that's just my opinion.

I deeply enjoy large battlegrounds, and I adored Wintergrasp -- by far my favorite player vs player activity since the original Alterac Valley -- and I would enjoy seeing this content made available for players that wish to participate in it once again, as otherwise this content will never become relevant ever again...
I fear that is is really going to kill off these 2 Battle Grounds in the mean time.

Strands is said to be removed and with Isle and AV added to this separate BG, players are going to be forced playing either Twin Peaks or Eye of the Storm over and over again.

The queue times for the larger BGs are going to be 30+ min because you know people aren't going to actively queue for these BGs.

What are the plans for these BGs to make them more appealing to queue for? Are these BGs going to reward a significant more amount of Honor, gold, or Azerite Power?

In general, what's being done to improve the PvP experience, cause right now all I see is removal of content.....
04/27/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Zaim
I fear that is is really going to kill off these 2 Battle Grounds in the mean time.

Strands is said to be removed

Best change in BfA so far. Player vs wall is stupid gameplay
04/27/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Zaim

The queue times for the larger BGs are going to be 30+ min because you know people aren't going to actively queue for these BGs.

What are the plans for these BGs to make them more appealing to queue for? Are these BGs going to reward a significant more amount of Honor, gold, or Azerite Power?

[/quote]

I hope they do add some sort of incentive. I love the larger maps, but from the chatter I see, it looks like a lot of people are celebrating the chance to never play these large battles ever again. :(

And, like the OP, I would love if TM vs SS, Ashran and Tol Barad could be added to the large BG group. Also Wintergrasp!
04/26/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Arempy
As of right now
I like that wording!
I'd like to see Strand return as one of the big ones - with modifications obviously. You can't have a big long-lasting BG that has 2 turns, but if they made it 40v40 you could make a fort on each side, get rid of the ocean (which would be the middle of the map) and turn that into Plains of Strife II, and make it a war for each side to capture the others fort.
I'm only slightly disappointed at the loss of SotA, it was one of my least favorite BG's but a little part of me is sad to see it go.
Unnecessary drag - while Large battlegrounds option is being added it doesn't even make sense to why only 2 battlegrounds are being added when there are more 40v40s that could be added.

TM VS SS,
Ashran
Tol barad
Wintergrasp

All of these should be added with the other two, not only this will attract big crowds back into these places it will also ensure that AV/IOC does not die out.

A lot of content is being ignored in this game I am not sure too sure why, just because a new expansion is coming out doesn't mean the old things should be ignored and deleted what ever that may be.

Add all of these and you will see how many people will be happy and the feeling of less world pvp will also fade away with all these large scape pvp instances.

I strongly recommend these should be added when ever it is possible and not wait for the whole expansion, it may be too late!

Oh if a seperate channel can be made for the wold defense that would be great.

I have played this game quite a bit and to me its concerning when such good content gets ignored or is just unncessarily dragged and not updated like it should.

I hope the best either way and look forward for any changes blizzard has to offer.
04/28/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Cryptids
Unnecessary drag - while these Large battlegrounds are being added it doesn't even make sense to why just add two are in it when there are more 40v40s.

TM VS SS,
Ashran
Tol barad
Wintergrasp

All of these should be added with the other two, not only this will attract big crowds back into these places it will also ensure that AV/IOC does not die out.

A lot of content is being ignored in this game I am not sure too sure why, just because a new expansion is coming out doesn't mean the old things should be ignored and deleted what ever that may be.

Add all of these and you will see how many people will be happy and the feeling of less world pvp will also enhance with all these large scape pvp instances.

I strongly recommend these should be added when ever it is possible and not wait for the whole expansion, it may be too late!

Oh if a seperate channel can be made for the wold defense that would be great.

I have played this game quite a bit and to me its concerning when such good content gets ignored or is just unncessarily dragged and not updated like it should.

I hope the best either way and look forward for any changes blizzard has to offer.