can we redeem fandral now

General Discussion
i think tyrande proved that she has no idea how to lead our people when she alienated the nightborne

bring him back as a good guy
He's dead.
04/02/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Midlight
He's dead.

he doesnt have to be
04/02/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Relandis
04/02/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Midlight
He's dead.

he doesnt have to be

Sure he does
Fandral was the leader the Night Elves needed.

Edit, but no redemption. He was my absolute favorite lore character till the end. His story was perfect. I do wish he would have been alive for the Emerald Nightmare raid, but it is what it is.

Let the man rest, his madness has finally subsided.
wouldn’t he still be coocoo bananas if we brought him back? i mean, if the blood elves want that then okay, but you asked for it :p
Let's not forget he was poisoning Malfurion for three xpacs since vanilla with Morrowgrain.

Why would any NE want him back?
04/02/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Midlight
Let's not forget he was poisoning Malfurion for three xpacs since vanilla with Morrowgrain.

Why would any NE want him back?

Because his Dream of Burning Tree's is becoming a reality?

In all seriousness he is a good lore character.
He's dead Jim... I call dibs on his wallet!
04/02/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Relandis
i think tyrande proved that she has no idea how to lead our people when she alienated the nightborne

The Nightborne are a bunch of selfish clowns who deserve the Horde, they will fit right in. That way when things go south for the Horde they can go hide behind another shield while the rest of the Horde dies off at the hands of the Alliance, the way it should have happened after SoO.
I hope Tyrande doesn't make it out of that Tree.

#Fandralwasright
... not to give Blizzard any ideas, but if they are kicking this expansion off with Night Elves and Fire, well...
Read War of the Ancients before you cast aspersions about Tyrande being unfit to rule.
She alienated them for really weird reasons that don't make sense with her old WC3 writing where she saved the Blood Elves. Her actual points were good, and not very far off though honestly. Blizz just made her aggressive to people doing something she did 10K years ago because they cant write Nelves anymore and wanted NB to go Horde by the end of it.
04/02/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Relandis

Or better yet, make Shandris leader of the Night Elves.
Y'know, from a Horde perspective, Fandral just always seemed off his rocker.

Murdering him was more of an inconvenience than a story.
Oh man... my Druid (from way back in Vanilla, even) HATED Fandral long before he went bad. Part of it was he was the first faction leader I'd met, and I didn't understand what the red-eyed skull in his level bubble meant (because, it was 2004 and I was a noob, ok?)

...and part of it was the head-canon I developed for my druid. I got that druids were part of an order, and had jobs they had to do probably passed down from those higher up. Naturally the worst jobs (I'm not doing this, pass it down the line) are going to fall to the youngest druids. So, for me, the idea was that with the destruction/corruption of the World Tree causing Elves to become Mortal... well, immortals don't die, so they don't procreate. Mortals do both of these things.

So, basically, my Druid put the hate on Fandral for making her teach sex ed to 1000 year old beings who didn't know the proper names for their reproductive organs and processes. I can't imagine a worse job, myself...
04/02/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Valynx
... not to give Blizzard any ideas, but if they are kicking this expansion off with Night Elves and Fire, well...

He is reborn from the ashes of Teldrassil~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a Phoenix reborn as a Druid of the Flame!!~!~!~!~!~!
He ded
Also, when the reasons for the "incompetence" are for gaming reasons (one faction had to go to each side so something had to set off the Nightborne) not actual story reasons, then, no.