No Vulpera Confirmed

General Discussion
I remember someone on here saying something along the lines of "Saying Vulpeera won't be an Allied Race is like saying snow does not fall from the sky.", a comment which had dozens of thumbs up on. It's amazing how denial-stricken and deeply entrenched people are in some things. Just like with Legion, you didn't get the races as Allied Races until you became familiar with their lore, nearly one full expansion later. The same should be expected with brand new races, of which we have practically zero knowledge, such as Vulpeera. Anyone heard of these things in Warcraft's 20 years? Yeah, me neither.

If the race becomes a fan-favorite and popular enough, eventually you'll get them as an Allied Race. Not before.
I will admit that I will be quite disappointed if Vulpera do not become a playable race, regardless of faction.
04/05/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Gorror
Anyone heard of these things in Warcraft's 20 years? Yeah, me neither.

If the race becomes a fan-favorite and popular enough, eventually you'll get them as an Allied Race. Not before.

Sure, I remember fan favorite Draenei, Worgen and Void Elves before they were playable.
04/05/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Averyx
BFA is due in 4 months and I wouldn't expect the other 2 races to come for at least 6 after the release.

04/05/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Averyx
I wouldn't expect the other 2 races to come for at least 6

bfa dead on arrival

allied races are like
the only positive thing they've got going for them
and the current ones are half-finished
04/05/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Rosyena
Vulpera do have an emissary.

So do the Sporegar guys from BC, had one for years, means nothing.
So who else is unsubbing til Zandalari come out.
Thats literally the only interesting thing about bfa for me.
Im sad i gotta wait even longer to enjoy the game now.
Garison/order/war campaign.../yawn.
Island adventure.... some other kitty game has that.
Totally consensual pvp...lol we already had that.
Blizzard comes up with a fun new hook for me to bite only to keep it in the boat for a year.
04/05/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Averyx
Anyone heard of these things in Warcraft's 20 years? Yeah, me neither.

Sure, I remember fan favorite Draenei, Worgen and Void Elves before they were playable.

Couldn't care about Void elves in the slightest (who are they? I must've skipped over that lore), but the two former races have been in Warcraft lore arguably since the beginning. Worgen and Draenei were always 'a thing'-- they'd been around for some time, in some form (lore, in-game), before they were made playable. People were very well aware of who they were.
04/05/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Nephertiti
04/05/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Rosyena
Vulpera do have an emissary.

So do the Sporegar guys from BC, had one for years
Sporeggar allied race CONFIRMED. You heard it here first, folks!

More seriously, that sounds better than several of the ones we are getting.

04/05/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Gorror
Couldn't care about Void elves in the slightest (who are they? I must've skipped over that lore)
We see their genesis in the last quest line of Argus. If you've already done Alleria's quest line, then just go run Seat of the Triumvirate again, but don't skip the cut scene at the end.
Looks like you forum goers will get to put up with me for a while yet.

I remember someone on here saying something along the lines of "Saying Vulpeera won't be an Allied Race is like saying snow does not fall from the sky.", a comment which had dozens of thumbs up on. It's amazing how denial-stricken and deeply entrenched people are in some things. Just like with Legion, you didn't get the races as Allied Races until you became familiar with their lore, nearly one full expansion later. The same should be expected with brand new races, of which we have practically zero knowledge, such as Vulpeera. Anyone heard of these things in Warcraft's 20 years? Yeah, me neither.

Very few assumed Vulpera were headed for an 8.0 release. And the statement that denying they are headed to being an allied race still stands. Having them at launch would be bizarre. Most of us were hoping for 8.1

Given the amount of work put into them, denying that Blizzard intends them to be playable is to claim Blizzard is cataclysmically bad at time management. Those are hours that could have been put into updating goblin and worgen, giving other races more customization options or just making some new interesting mobs to kill. You should be upset at the idea that they would not be playable

I am disappointed I may have to wait until 8.2, but my faith is unshaken
I'd watch for a Vulpera announcement at Blizzcon.
04/06/2018 02:27 AMPosted by Hushpaw
I'd watch for a Vulpera announcement at Blizzcon.

Ungh. Putting it that way makes it sound even farther away. But you're probably right
04/05/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Nephertiti
Atleast for the next year or so.

Up on MMO-Champ right now Blizzard has listed Dark Irons and the Orcs as the two BFA release races.

And much later down the line, after we do the rep / questing (think Suramar / Nightborne stuff ) we get the next two...

Kul'tirans and New trolls.

So the fox people are a year a way atleast, if ever.

That isn't a confirmation at all.

See, a confirmation is when Blizzard expressly states that something is or isn't happening. Like when they said that there were no immediate plans to implement the Gadgetzan from Hearthstone into WoW in BfA. That is a confirmation. What has been said thus far on Allied Races has not confirmed that other allied races aren't coming, or that Vulpera aren't one of them.

Definitions are your friend.
Good to see Blizzard reacting to the concerns of normal everyday players who don't want to see another comical furry race that only appeals to weirdos and the mentally ill.
couldn't the races come every half patch?
etc?
04/06/2018 03:46 AMPosted by Rdord
Good to see Blizzard reacting to the concerns of normal everyday players who don't want to see another comical furry race that only appeals to weirdos and the mentally ill.

I play every day
Timegating races . Lol
Seems that the majority of the new expansion is going to be spent leveling new races through classic zones.
My guess would be that IF (very big if) Vulpera become playable, it will be for the pre-order of 9, whatever that expansion might be.
Seemed silly to think they'd be available at launch. There's apparently some reputation to earn with Voldunai so that alone would exclude them from being launch content. I always assumed they would be a patch 1 or 2 content feature.
Taken from the interview on page one of MMO-Champ right now.

" There is nothing to announce on whether or not Vulpera and Tortollans will be allied races."

Hmmm won't confirm or deny. Sounds to me like someone is gonna get some bad news and they don't want it to affect xpac sales so they are holding off on telling the community.

Duh duh duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.