Why are ticket times to ludicrously long?

General Discussion
The playerbase is so much smaller than it used to be, right? Has blizzard just not been hiring any GMs?
Well, the last time I put a ticket for assistance it took some time. General I would like to believe that GMs have to investigate the issue, before helping you out physically.
Probably a lot of rage tickets are still pending on

'WHERE IS MUH ARCANO CRYSTAL BUZZARD, I GAVE MY LIV FARMING ARGUNITE CRYSTALS I DESERVER IT"

*cough cough

Cs has to deal with a lot of special intellects :)
I've not had a ticket take more than 24 hours in a long time.

I remember in Wrath when raids would break and bosses wouldn't spawn -- ticket times were over a week. Raid broken? Don't even ask for help, because weekly reset will have come and gone by the time you get an answer.

Nothing about current wait times is in any way ludicrous or long.
04/16/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Regg

I remember in Wrath when raids would break and bosses wouldn't spawn -- ticket times were over a week. Raid broken? Don't even ask for help, because weekly reset will have come and gone by the time you get an answer.

/agreed

Typically my tickets have been answered in 30m-2h since MoP. My most recent ticket was 3ish weeks ago and it was answered/fixed in under 1h. Seems manageable considering I do remember those 72h minimum wait times.
My tickets tend to take a few hours to a day, tops. Never had one go longer than around 20 hours or so unanswered. In recent years, at least
cause 99% of tickets are frivolous nonsense that can be resolved in 5 minutes by looking the issue up on google.
The "estimated ticket time" metric has always shown a much higher timeframe than it usually ends up being; I usually see an estimated wait time over a day, but it's been maybe four or five hours at most.

Half the time I've logged off by the time it gets resolved, and come on the next day to see the timestamp, but it probably comes from either under-promising and over-delivering, which is good, or the fact that a lot of frivolous tickets are in the system so they just have to click the "not actually a problem" button, link them to a relevant support article, and close it out with a minimum of fuss. But the system will automatically allocate a certain amount of estimated time for each ticket in the system to be completed, regardless of how long they actually take.

But don't panic just because the number seems high; it'll probably be better than expected. Not instantaneous, to be sure, but not ridiculous either. ;)
Mo' money mo' problems.
Because, Blizz employees arent paying enough to deal with all the good and well thought ticket made by our intelligent and good hearted player base of couse!
Customer Service doesn't have a separate WoW team.

They pull from a pool of all tickets submitted on the support site and ingame, which includes all IPs -- Hearthstone, Starcraft II, D3, WoW, and notably, Overwatch.

More people play Overwatch now than ever did WoW even at its peak.

So yeah, there's gonna be wait times.

Don't forget when a new patch'd hit and ticket times would skyrocket from a week to about two to three weeks, basically asking the GMs how to find something, what to do for a quest, etc.
I actually think the more tickets you create, the longer it takes.

My friend almost always gets the ones he makes answered in a few hours but he make one like once every 3 years. Mine usually take 15 hours or so but I make them a few times a year.
as a matter of perspective take a look at the US Supreme court they still have legal cases yet to be ruled on as far back as the early 60s still laying around in their docket pile
ticket times were over a week.
Indeed. It's like all the whining about maintenance going 30 mins over the planned hour. Poor kids never knew what it was like to have 8, 12, 14 hour maintenances.
04/16/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Deathchix
cause 99% of tickets are frivolous nonsense that can be resolved in 5 minutes by looking the issue up on google.
Prob not that high :) but yeah, there's a lot of tickets put in for things that can be self-resolved and for things that GMs can't do anything about, like bug reports, game hints, just to talk (yes, people did that).
04/16/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Malefic
Customer Service doesn't have a separate WoW team.

They pull from a pool of all tickets submitted on the support site and ingame, which includes all IPs -- Hearthstone, Starcraft II, D3, WoW, and notably, Overwatch.

More people play Overwatch now than ever did WoW even at its peak.

So yeah, there's gonna be wait times.

This is very true. There is no WoW team specifically. They support all the games and are very busy.

For things that need a GM, you have to use tickets as the only contact point. When people put in tickets for things the GM does not help with, or there are self help services for, it slows things down. GMs don't handle bug reports, game hints, or suggestions which are the most common mistaken tickets.

Critical things like Account access for lost passwords, etc are handled via Live Chat and Phone Callback during the work day and are usually resolved very fast.

My last ticket took about 30 minutes and it was a really odd issue so I was surprised.
04/16/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Kulgarn
The playerbase is so much smaller than it used to be, right? Has blizzard just not been hiring any GMs?

They have actually performed several layoffs in the support department over the last couple of years. I would suspect most of that was due to lower numbers in World of Warcraft and other games needing fewer support people.
04/16/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Sorelai
04/16/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Kulgarn

They have actually performed several layoffs in the support department over the last couple of years. I would suspect most of that was due to lower numbers in World of Warcraft and other games needing fewer support people.

That makes sense. I usually assume this, and treat GM's with as much respect as possible.
One could assume that resources got cut or shifted to other games. Not sure if wow gms are just stuck on wow.
Queue times are unfortunately something that is impacted by how many players are creating and submitting tickets. However GMs work pretty hard and can crush out the "queue" very efficiently.

You have to look at CS holistically and realize they support every game we have. Game Masters don't work on just one game. There are no "WoW only GMs". So other games can impact what you perceive to be "WoW's ticket times". Overwatch just had a new event launch and Hearthstone just launched a new expansion. Right now ticket times are elevated because of things like this. Give it like a week and queue times will be back to normal (for context right now if you have a low priority ticket its still estimated for less than a 24 hour wait).

Less than 24 hours. I remember when tickets could take up to a week. When maintenance could take more than a day. There's a reason why some guilds still don't raid on Tuesday historically. The queue time given the launches of the past week or so is very good. Our CS teams are doing a pretty smashing job right now.

They have actually performed several layoffs in the support department over the last couple of years.

They actually haven't. The last time that happened was 6 years ago. A lot of GM's were actually hired back either as GM's again or into other departments.

I would suspect most of that was due to lower numbers in World of Warcraft and other games needing fewer support people.

WoW generates like 80% of GM tickets. All of our other games pretty much only need support in the way of accounts, or payments mainly. Majority of what GM's handle is purely WoW because its an MMO.