Why are ticket times to ludicrously long?

General Discussion
04/16/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Kulgarn
The playerbase is so much smaller than it used to be, right? Has blizzard just not been hiring any GMs?

Because 90% of the tickets submitted are BS reasons or reasons that could have been easily looked up by the submitter and now the Blizz staff has to blow hundreds of man hours,...er....people hours I guess now, to clear out the clutter.
04/16/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Ythisens
Queue times are unfortunately something that is impacted by how many players are creating and submitting tickets. However GMs work pretty hard and can crush out the "queue" very efficiently.

You have to look at CS holistically and realize they support every game we have. Game Masters don't work on just one game. There are no "WoW only GMs". So other games can impact what you perceive to be "WoW's ticket times". Overwatch just had a new event launch and Hearthstone just launched a new expansion. Right now ticket times are elevated because of things like this. Give it like a week and queue times will be back to normal (for context right now if you have a low priority ticket its still estimated for less than a 24 hour wait).

Less than 24 hours. I remember when tickets could take up to a week. When maintenance could take more than a day. There's a reason why some guilds still don't raid on Tuesday historically. The queue time given the launches of the past week or so is very good. Our CS teams are doing a pretty smashing job right now.

04/16/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Sorelai
They have actually performed several layoffs in the support department over the last couple of years.

They actually haven't. The last time that happened was 6 years ago. A lot of GM's were actually hired back either as GM's again or into other departments.

04/16/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Sorelai
I would suspect most of that was due to lower numbers in World of Warcraft and other games needing fewer support people.

WoW generates like 80% of GM tickets. All of our other games pretty much only need support in the way of accounts, or payments mainly. Majority of what GM's handle is purely WoW because its an MMO.

I've had some interaction with the wow GMS tell me....is RPing a requirement? Its always a pleasure dealing with them when the issue is rather annoying [Naked mage a long time ago before I got 2 step authentication comes to mind]
04/16/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Funassassin
Because 90% of the tickets submitted are BS reasons or reasons that could have been easily looked up by the submitter and now the Blizz staff has to blow hundreds of man hours,...er....people hours I guess now, to clear out the clutter.

The ticket system as it stands now is a bit harder to file superfluous tickets in. Because if you can't quantify your reason as one they can help with, it dead ends. There are a lot of posts on CS regarding that--I can't make a ticket with (insert subject matter here).

That being said, we still file a lot of things requesting things like game hints. And other things the GMs can't really help with. But those can be handled fairly quickly on the GM side. Because they tend to cut and paste responses pointing us to other venues for our questions. Like the forums.
04/16/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Ythisens
You have to look at CS holistically and realize they support every game we have. Game Masters don't work on just one game. There are no "WoW only GMs". So other games can impact what you perceive to be "WoW's ticket times". Overwatch just had a new event launch and Hearthstone just launched a new expansion. Right now ticket times are elevated because of things like this. Give it like a week and queue times will be back to normal (for context right now if you have a low priority ticket its still estimated for less than a 24 hour wait).

Less than 24 hours. I remember when tickets could take up to a week. When maintenance could take more than a day. There's a reason why some guilds still don't raid on Tuesday historically. The queue time given the launches of the past week or so is very good. Our CS teams are doing a pretty smashing job right now.

Something I've always wondered, but is there any sort of like auto sorting system for ticket priority? I just ask because I once reported someone for hacking in an AB because they got out of the start gate and started capping bases before the BG even began (I didn't know that there was a known way to wall climb out at the time, so I assumed it was a hack) and a GM responded before the match even ended. It is easily the fastest GM response I have ever seen and also the only time I've reported anyone for something like that.
04/16/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Ishikowa
is RPing a requirement?

Totally optional but encouraged! Not necessarily RP itself but rather finding your voice as a Game Master.

When you're being trained something they tell you from Day 1 is "finding your voice" to try and establish an identity with who you are as a Game Master. It can happen instantly or it can take you a bit, for me it took a month or two once I was finally on the GM floor. You can actually still find some of my tickets from when I was a Game Master! You'll see that I totally role-played the majority of my tickets.

There's actually a Game Master who roleplays players as "Little Blizzamaniacs" in a full on Hulk Hogan style. They're some of the best tickets ever to read if you can find them posted anywhere.
My recent tickets all got FAST replies -- within a couple days.

OP's title is "Why are ticket times to ludicrously long?". What does that mean? What is OP's definition of a "ludicrously long" time period? OP does not say. Perhaps OP has ridiculous expectations.
04/16/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Ythisens
04/16/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Ishikowa
is RPing a requirement?

Totally optional but encouraged! Not necessarily RP itself but rather finding your voice as a Game Master.

When you're being trained something they tell you from Day 1 is "finding your voice" to try and establish an identity with who you are as a Game Master. It can happen instantly or it can take you a bit, for me it took a month or two once I was finally on the GM floor. You can actually still find some of my tickets from when I was a Game Master! You'll see that I totally role-played the majority of my tickets.

There's actually a Game Master who roleplays players as "Little Blizzamaniacs" in a full on Hulk Hogan style. They're some of the best tickets ever to read if you can find them posted anywhere.

Ironically - that is something me and a friend of mine were discussing on Discord the other day; while it is nice that Hearthstone has Ben Brode, who has somehow become his own meme due to laughter, and Jeff Kaplan being faces of their respective team thank you for the insight of being a GM through the ''Finding your voice'' comment, it actually provides insite to how past CMS acted as well. TY
This is why the PVP changes are going in with BFA:

Imagine how much CS ticket time was tied up, over 14 years, with things like:

"The bad man jumped me!"

"I just want to use this Timeless Vendor!"

"My faction used to be even, or even in the majority on this server, so I should get a free transfer!"

"The bad people are hanging around the point where we zone in!"

"I just want to do this holiday thing!"

I've been playing for 14 years, I think there have been maybe two or three things that I thought I had to submit tickets for.

One, that I recall, was back during BC when I logged in to find my character by an NPC vendor in the Hinterlands (yeah, weird place) with only one item of armor still on it and most things gone from by bags. So I submitted a ticket that obviously I was hacked, perhaps interrupting them by logging in. That was when I changed the root email of the login, my password, etc. Then I locked things up more with noscript, etc. Apparently it was during those periods where wowhead/whatever site was running a naughty ad/webscript that somehow logged the Wow login ( was only playing in Linux by then, checked for trojans/viruses but of course found none.)

That happened late at night.
Blizzard had all my stuff restored by the next day, when I woke up and got on.
They could tell what happened. I was lucky I interrupted them before they got to my other characters, as well as my bank. Then I never had a problem like that again.

Any other tickets I've submitted were "non-response" tickets, such as someone with a name that even offended me. For example, during the start of Legion I was trying to get those sightless eyes in the sewer. There was a person with the name
"Womanbeater" (not exactly, but as close as he could get it), who was only selecting female characters to attack, then he would emote/yell about how he beat on women. As you can imagine, I thought that was a bit much.