Blood Elf Request

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 20 Next
04/12/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Nithenarina
I'm not opposed to that; but I would be opposed to an idea of "Now that Blood Elves have blue eyes it makes Alliance High Elves not needed." and it makes no sense for the above.

The fact is that its alliance player that start claiming first that blue eye would give the horde high elf.
04/12/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Persha
Okay, once again not everyone in this thread is anti high elf and just cause some one might disagree with the alliance getting to use the blood elf model 2 times does not somehow make them anti alliance. They are allowed to express their opinion just as you are.
So take a deep calming breath and simmah down na
(For the record my alliance toons greatly out number my horde since the only race I play on that side is Blood elf....I wanted to like Nightborne..)

In the end it's really just down to how Blizzard feels about it, hard to tell really. One one hand they could see adding playable high elves to the alliance that aren't Ren'dorei or it's just as likely they feel that they already did so back when they added blood elves in the Burning Crusade. If they don't recognize anything that isn't a void elf on the Alliance as playable, which I think is likely due to a big reason they made void elves was to avoid given them what essentially looks exactly like the blood elves with exception to their eyes, then that may not change.

I don't see it being spiteful as much as just coming to different conclusions, and I'm just hoping to see blue eyes for blood elves regardless. Might that mean that Alliance high elves that aren't void touched may never be a thing? Yea, that would probably be true. I'm ok with that even while I understand others are not. It's not out of a malicious place for me, or most, I'd wager.

It's a long time request and it makes the best sense for the blood elves. Frees up future development for void elves and blood elves without having to basically just copy/pasta another instance of the blood elf model over to the Alliance just for an eye color change when it's really just a blood elf visual customization.
04/12/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Alurna
Apparently that's since been retconned. According to the Chronicles, 80% of the Gnomish Race died in Gnomeregan. The reply in the link you posted states:

except this didn't retcon nothing

04/12/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Alurna
20% hardly seems, "A good percentage."

it is a good percentage if you count what they had in 100%

besides 20% of gnomes, sure is more than the 10% of a 10% of a race
Yay, blue eyes, please. <3
04/12/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Talendrion
The Sunwell is not a "pool of titan's blood" it's a well with a jar of titan's blood

Per Chronicle Vol 1:

"... the [high ]elves finally reached the nexus of ley lines they had been seeking. Powerful torrents of arcane energy converged in the vibrant forests. Dath'Remar proclaimed that this was where they would begin their civilization anew.

Before the eyes of his followers, Dath'Remar something he had kept hidden over the long and torturous journey to the north: a vial filled with the enchanted waters (aka blood of Azeroth) from the Well of Eternity.

... Dath'Remar poured the vial into a small lake at the center of the nexus, and a brilliant font of energy tore through the skies of Azeroth. The Highborne dubbed this glorious cradle of power "the Sunwell"..."

So there was a small lake over the top of ley lines overlapping, which I was under the impression was sort of like veins of arcane. Adding the extra vial opened the ley lines. There isn't really any water there now, iirc. It's just power, either a mix of Arcane and Light or just Arcane, depending on how the heart of Muru effected it.

What is a well with a bit of titans blood is actually the one under Nordrassil in Hyjal, because as far as we know there wasn't a ley line conflux there. So it isn't as potent but still simmers with some arcane energy.

But to be fair, maybe the Sunwell isn't a pool of titans blood. In which case, it's just literally where several ley lines converge at the surface of Azeroth. Which means.... it's literally pure arcane energy. With a splash of Murues holy remnants.

Semantics.

Does the light energy overpower the arcane energy within? We don't know. But the fact that we are getting golden eyes for blood elves but not blue ones, at least implies so.

Please tell me where Blizzard says Belves are getting golden eyes because of the sunwell. I am fully willing to beleive it, except every time I try and track down a source I can't find it, and nobody is willing to share it.

Either belves get golden eyes because the Sunwell is now very much holy oriented... or perhaps there's another explanation. Like maybe when Xera exploded. Or being around the army of light and Velen. Or maybe the Conclave gets together and cleanses all the belves in an orderly fashion.

Until Blizz explains, everything is speculation. The connection between what energy is strongest in the sunwell and what eye colors belves might have are not connected until we have more information.

so with what we have so far, blue eyes seem to be out of the question.

So far you have only referenced speculation and headcanon. Which is fine, but don't expect everyone to agree with your opinion or take your word as law.

Just saying-- there are many things we don't know, things that blizz has retconned, and conflicting information. There are as many logical theories for more belf eye colors as there are against.

And, you know, some people who play WoW just don't care about the lore and want cool character customization because it looks cool. *shrug*
Please tell me where Blizzard says Belves are getting golden eyes because of the sunwell. I am fully willing to beleive it, except every time I try and track down a source I can't find it, and nobody is willing to share it.

https://youtu.be/732xizkqfZk?t=644
04/12/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Sharioty

https://youtu.be/732xizkqfZk?t=644

Ahhhh thank you thank you thank you-- It was hidden in a long video.

I'm curious about a lot of what is said there. When he says "the storyline says they that's where they should be now" does he mean that the amount of years since the sunwell was cleansed has been long enough for the fel to fade? He also specifically says we see golden eyes in paladin and priest NPCs, does this mean that canonically they (pally/priests) get golden eyes, but warlock belves will still have green (therefore the ability to customize warlocks with gold eyes or a priest with green is for simplicity of the game)? Similarly, is there canonically no more arcane energy in the Sunwell? Are belves able to be sustained on holy energy now? In canon, are there no shadow priests? If there are, how could they have golden eyes?

So many more questions.... *brews a cup of tea* I will have to chew on this for a while now.
04/12/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Osiria
Yea, and it's still stupid. Because blue eyes have always been the thing that separate High Elves from Blood Elves. It's about how they dealt with their addiction. I wonder what happens when you suck magic out of living things... Where did I heard that before...? Oh, right, freaking fel!

It's a pretty clear lore description. Those who refused were either mindcontrolled to do it or were banished or left. All those who left joined the Alliance for refusing such things.

But sure, keep with you little "calm and reasonable topic" of stating everything about High Elven lore wrongly just so you can tell yourselves how right you are.
Though you guys said HE were more than just blue eyes what happened to all that supposed rich culture, BE also have blue eyes. Damn you are so salty lol
04/12/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Takkun
Yea, and it's still stupid. Because blue eyes have always been the thing that separate High Elves from Blood Elves. It's about how they dealt with their addiction. I wonder what happens when you suck magic out of living things... Where did I heard that before...? Oh, right, freaking fel!

It's a pretty clear lore description. Those who refused were either mindcontrolled to do it or were banished or left. All those who left joined the Alliance for refusing such things.

But sure, keep with you little "calm and reasonable topic" of stating everything about High Elven lore wrongly just so you can tell yourselves how right you are.
Though you guys said HE were more than just blue eyes what happened to all that supposed rich culture, BE also have blue eyes. Damn you are so salty lol

Instead of engaging in these sttempts at 'gotcha' kind of moments, you should honestly actually try and work on providing some actual solutions to the idea proposed.

High Elves are a thing. They're in-game as NPCs. This is indisputable, and it's unlikely to change. How do you propose giving Blood Elves blue eyes without causing at least some visual confusion between the two? How does that factor in to your request - do you not think it's a major issue, or do you have a workaround in mind? Are there any alternative solutions you can provide to Blizzard to address this?

(FWIW I'm indifferent to the subject, but these are the kinds of questions that need to be asked and solved for the idea to work, otherwise Blizzard will likely just dismiss the idea)
Do you mean the thread goes well when you can go on about talking whatever you please about High Elves in your little circlejrk?

lmao, what? the high elves point is always brought up by high elf fans

This is the sort of comment that you can't help but call the person an idiot.

Have. You. Paid. Attention. To. Void. Elves?

so lets see, you claim that undeads, worgens, trolls and gnomes are "less populous" than any other races to back up HE as playable

then i say to you that undeads and worgens have more numbers than HE, and how the minor population of gnomes surpass the HE, with a canon source

then you just give up, call me idiot and bring up void elves like mean something, like what?

if you don't have canon numbers on void elves, we can't say they have ten or a hundred

And good job ignoring everything so that, yet again, you end up with the conclusion you want! Great work!

so you just ignore everything that i said, and claim that i am ignoring everything, lul

Yea, and it's still stupid.

and you say we are doing "pitiful comments"

Because blue eyes have always been the thing that separate High Elves from Blood Elves

then this is the only thing to separate then? do you affirm that? :^)

besides, there are blood elves with blue eyes, so this is not even a thing

It's about how they dealt with their addiction. I wonder what happens when you suck magic out of living things... Where did I heard that before...? Oh, right, freaking fel!

oh yes the argument of "blood elves suck fel" it was taking some time to people bring this up

but no, they suck the mana, from the mana wyrms, thus arcane magic

Those who refused were either mindcontrolled to do it

ROFL, now that is a new

of stating everything about High Elven lore wrongly

thats ironic
04/12/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Nithenarina
In regards to High Elves and Alliance: Blood Elves getting a blue eye option is completely meaningless to that, as I see it-- as having blue eyes doesn't magically make them them the same as the Silver Covenant/Helves that always stayed on that faction.

It's not meaningless. There's a reason behind it. Blood Elves remained behind, making use of all these methods imposed by Theron, then they got the Fel eyes. There's no way they would've kept a blue eye when it only appears from those who use pure arcane, not tainted one. High Elf on other hand, were exiled due to the very reason of despising such methods and refusal to join the Horde.

It's the equivalent of saying Mag'har should have green skin option because "why not?" when their entire meaning is that they did not dabble in fel or came in contact with it.

Golden eyes make sense for both, since both tap into the new Sunwell's magic. Green eyes only make sense for Blood Elves. Blue eyes only make sense for High Elves.
04/12/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Takkun

It's still there. Along with blue eyes being only for them.
04/12/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Nindraine

Instead of engaging in these sttempts at 'gotcha' kind of moments, you should honestly actually try and work on providing some actual solutions to the idea proposed.

High Elves are a thing. They're in-game as NPCs. This is indisputable, and it's unlikely to change. How do you propose giving Blood Elves blue eyes without causing at least some visual confusion between the two? How does that factor in to your request - do you not think it's a major issue, or do you have a workaround in mind? Are there any alternative solutions you can provide to Blizzard to address this?

(FWIW I'm indifferent to the subject, but these are the kinds of questions that need to be asked and solved for the idea to work, otherwise Blizzard will likely just dismiss the idea)

This is a good thinking and definitely things to consider. Someone earlier in the threads suggested that perhaps when Belves re-gain their blue eyes, it can be a slightly different shade of blue. Like between 'mage' and 'shaman' class colors in DBM for example. This would create the minor issue of having to explain why they wouldn't be the same shade, and then ensure all the npcs were given the appropriate shade though.

In past iterations of the thread, someone even posited that there could be differences between the blue 'glow' and blue (non-glowing) base color. This feels like a promising line of thought that could result in more options overall, but they'd have to feel particularly ambitious in going that route; which they may or may not be willing to commit to short-term with all the other races hoping for surprises.

I do remember that part of the logic of having each elf have different eye color was partly a gameplay mechanic so that levelers could discern questgivers easier, but I think that the game has evolved so that this distinction isn't as necessary anymore.

This was more a thing in the faraway days when NPCS had to be the ones to dispense quests, for example; and even as early as Cataclysm we had quests that had the ability to trigger when the player would reach a certain place (this first appeared in dungeons) which of course saw great strides with 'Bonus Objectives' in Draenor paving the way to the World Quest system as we know it; where you can conceivably go the entire day without ever clicking 'accept' as you zip around and save the day.

Further, questgivers themselves have had more variety then ever before; for example the imp questgiver in Azuna that has you sign a contract (read the fine print, its pretty good) and you guys do an entire chain together.

For that matter, in the Fiona's Caravan quests in the EPL, one of the members of that caravan IS a blood elf, who found himself travelling with the dwarf and worgen. No one balks at taking his quests based on his eye color.

The biggest tell of whether an npc is a questgiver is the gold or silver ! over their heads, and whether their name is in green, yellow or red ultimately. It can take any shape and be anyone or anything (looking at you, bucket of nuts in the Grizzly Hills Inn).

I think that whatever Blizz decides to do with the different types of elves ought to be separated from outdated systems that no longer really apply.
Heavens to Murgatroyd!!! Can you please curse and name call a little more...
You need to take a deep calming breath and back away from the computer.

To answer the ? about making a diffrence between the 2 I was thinking:

Blood elves: glowing Turquoise eyes (blue/green shade much darker than sky blue)
Alliance High Elves: NON glowing to very little glow sky blue , would also like a earth tone brown and a dark hunter green for em personally
(Personally I really hope we get half elves instead of high... for one of my WoW dreams..an elf without giant honking dumbo ears..)
Simple visual confusion between a horde playable race and some alliance npc is irrelevant noone cares about, it would be different if it was a playable race against another playable race, but what you guys seem to not understand is that regular white HE are not playable in the alliance they are JUST npcs, the fact that they look exactly the same is why blizzard didn't make them playable instead they added void elves a HE different enough from BE.
04/12/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Syegfryed
besides 20% of gnomes, sure is more than the 10% of a 10% of a race
And I'd like to add that gnomes have never been as splintered as High elves have been.

This is the sort of comment that you can't help but call the person an idiot.

04/12/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Rekstorm
Why does every reply you post have to include a personal attack? Are you capable of conversing like an adult?

I think that should answer that question.

04/12/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Asotcha
I think that whatever Blizz decides to do with the different types of elves ought to be separated from outdated systems that no longer really apply.
My personal wish is that they start changing every HE npc for VEs, like that they would truly be different and they would gain more prescence within the alliance, but I doubt that would happen.

Another option is for them to go back to the TFT days when many units simply had white eyes, or maybe normal human-like eyes, particularly for civilian NPCs.
Yea, and it's still stupid. Because blue eyes have always been the thing that separate High Elves from Blood Elves.

Lol, weren´t you guys swearing up and down High Elves were much more different than "mere blue eyed Belves" back on your own thread?

Blood Elves remained behind, making use of all these methods imposed by Theron, then they got the Fel eyes. There's no way they would've kept a blue eye when it only appears from those who use pure arcane, not tainted one.

Quote canon lore source that directly says "sucking mana from an animal" is any different from "sucking mana from an artifact".

Do you even know HOW Belves (especially the ones stationed on Azeroth; after all these ones are the direct source of the playable characters) got exposed to Fel?

How do you propose giving Blood Elves blue eyes without causing at least some visual confusion between the two?

The eyes on the current Helf NPCs lack the distinct "brightness" the Belves have, which means dullness on the irises is already a thing that separates both "models".

Devs only have to give a much more "bright" iris to the blue eyed option for Belves on a shade different to Helf NPCs, period. Homogenize the actual "blue color" on High Elves btw -females sport one and males another-, and maybe make other colors available like a different shade of green and one shade of brown.

Helf NPCs have to compete with DK Belf PCs/NPCs using the pink normal skin and I don´t see people crying they can´t make a distinction between both of them...
04/12/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Persha

To answer the ? about making a diffrence between the 2

There's no need to differentiate them, Blood Elves are High Elves that were using fel energy as new source of power up until Sunwell is restored, nothing less and nothing more

You can even argue that a veteran High Elf Pally would have golden eyes or veteran High Elf Warlock would have green eyes

if people want to differentiate them that much, then tabards and faction would suffice