Classic = classic models only

Classic Discussion
Because BFA only offers BFA models only. Yes there is a toggle button but it does not function at all what so ever.

It's very suspect that Classic models will never see the world of BFA, so it's only logical to require the counterbalance in Classic where the modern models will never see the world of old Azuroth.

I do not hate the modern models, but I hate toggle between because it's a terrible concept.
I'll have to agree, I want the classic models in classic.
I would also like to see classic models only in classic wow personally.
A toggle would be great as it would allow people to see the old models only if they don’t want to see the modern ones. Updated graphics have been shown to be extremely popular within the Classic community and it has literally zero downsides.
Why would I want to see models from the current game in classic?

Ridiculous, it's like people are looking for anything they can change to undermine the whole point of what people have been wanting for over 10 years....

Next will be green fire for warlocks in classic...
03/24/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Faceroll
A toggle would be great as it would allow people to see the old models only if they don’t want to see the modern ones. Updated graphics have been shown to be extremely popular within the Classic community and it has literally zero downsides.

I concur
NO CHANGES

NO TOGGLE

TOGGLE CONFUSES CUSTOMERS

TOGGLE SUCKS
I want Vanilla visuals in Classic, toggle or otherwise.
It has many, many downsides. People just ignore them all and if I list them again you'll just ignore it yet again.

Anyway, obviously Classic WoW requires Classic models. There's no reason to use character models from a different game.
A toggle...has literally zero downsides.

I would prefer that the choices I make for my characters, on my side of the screen, are the choices being presented to the other players, on their side of the screen. They tried toggles and failed. Those hurt worst tended to be those players who had been around the longest. No to toggles, thank you.
Classic models for classic only, No toggles please

There is no functional toggle in BFA, and odds are toggle is a thing of the past regarding the live game.

And that's fine for BFA game, but Classic needs to follow the pattern and only provide the classic modles. You can think of it as different graphics for different games.

I can accept the modern models in BFA, and I intend to play it cause it's a fun game, but people who're intending to play Classic can accept the Classic models, because those are the appropriate graphics for the game and as many will agree it's also a really fun game.
I want updated vanilla models for classic.

I don't want to the visuals or animations to be changed, for the most part, I just want them to be able to update the animations so that they can keep the lower half of the body animated in accordance with movement when you use melee abilities.

I couldn't stand it when my Tauren Warrior's feet, when using a one-hander, would stiffen up when using Heroic Strike, Rend, Hamstring, or any other melee attack ability while moving and result in my character sliding across the ground.

If Blizzard could preserve everything about the vanilla models and animations with the sole exception of the sliding around when using melee abilities while moving, I would be very happy.
Vanilla means vanilla.

Release the game.
03/25/2018 02:11 AMPosted by Undert8332A2
Vanilla means vanilla.

Release the game.

Agreed, but I am pushing for a sub-race like thing on BFA so that the modern game can keep the original models in game. This way there will be no Toggle in BFA, there will instead be a lot more customization.

Because customization is a very big and important part of an MMO-RPG.
I don’t care what graphics they use
If I can do 3D imaging and make animations for my art why should I stick to cave wall painting?
RELEAS3 GAEME NAOW!

But seriously though: people are reporting that in the current version of the BfA alpha, the toggleable "old models" are now gone entirely. I'm not sure what that means, or if it's in any way relevant to Classic, but I guess it could mean several things:

1. Absolutely nothing!
2. They will be replaced with new versions of the old-school looking models.
3. Blizzard doesn't reimplement them and tells retail players to go play classic if they want old models.

If they give BfA newly revised (toggleable) Classic-looking models, will those be what we get? My tinfoil hat isn't tight enough to really speculate.

Furthermore, Blizzard is reportedly dropping DirectX9 and 32 bit OS support, and they have added DirectX12 support. If Classic is running on the same framework as retail, then these software ...changes... might apply to it too.
wow another classic models only thread.
03/25/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Ghrian
If I can do 3D imaging and make animations for my art why should I stick to cave wall painting?

If I can program basic web pages should I stick to scribbling on post-it notes?